Thinking about taking a trip to trade in old Wii stuff at Gamestop...is it worth it?

TheDuckyOne

CAG Veteran
So like the title says, I want to get rid of some old Wii stuff I have lying around the house, and I can't decide if I should take it into Gamestop, or hold on to it and maybe ebay it at a later point...the Wii is gone so its all taking up space. I have

1 Wii Remote Controller
2 Classic Controllers
1 Wii 'chuk
1 Wheel
1 Wii Ultra Wireless Sensor Bar
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Wii Sports

I know I am not going to get a *ton* at GS, but ebay sales are a pain so unless GS is going to totally screw me, I'd rather go that route. Anyone have any thoughts?

As a bonus question, whats low priced 360 gem at GS right now? Looking for something to play this weekend

Thanks for the help folks!

I traded my wii and everything related to it in through Amazon a few months ago and that's where I found the best TIVs. Having said that, judging from what you have I don't think it really matters where you trade/sell it. All the controllers and their accessories are only worth a few bucks each. If you wanna agonize over a few dollars you could try E-bay, but I'm not sure it's even worth it.

Honestly a few bucks each sounds totally fine to me. I was more worried that they may give me like 50 cents for the controller and not even take the accessories, in which case it wouldn't be worth my time. I plan on trading in that stuff and 1 other xbox game to get the extra $10 trade in credit, and then print out the buy 2 get 1 free coupon I have for renewing my power up membership and hopefully coming home with something interesting to play.

Its found money anyhow since I found this stuff in the bottom of the closet while cleaning.

[quote name='ohscaryone']Craigslist worked great for me when I sold my wii[/QUOTE]

Agree, Craigslist is good. Some people don't know the regular prices and will buy it overpriced. Sold my Wii for same price as a new one there :p

I would just trade it to Amazon or Gamestop... you are not going to get the highest amount going this way, but at least you just pass it off to them and you are done. eBay is a complete pain between doing the listing, packaging, etc. plus, by the time you are done with all the fees, you may not get as much as you would from Amazon or Gamestop. Craigslist would be an option, but you still have extra work, so it just depends if a little extra is worth it.

I ended up trading it all in at GS, in case folks where wondering what things are currently going for...

Wii Wheel - 50 cents
Wii Nunchuck- $4
Wii Remote Controller -$5
Wii Motion Plus -$2
Wii Classic Controller - $4
Wii Sensor Bar -$1

Traded in some games I had to take advantage of the extra $10 and used the B2G1 coupon...ended up picking up LA Noire, Bulletstorm and Way of the Samurai 3.

All in all, not a bad deal.

bread's done
Back