Thinking of selling my Wii

Rocky071

CAGiversary!
Not necessarily online/ebay/etc, just in general. It's a launch day model I lined up for. The fad status kind of turned me away from Smash Bros when it was released, and I'm not a big Mario Kart fan. Is there any reason (aka game to look forward to) to keep the system?

Help me decide CAG :whistle2:k I'm really torn.

Will there be a reason, no matter how miniscule, that you would consider rebuying it?

If there isn't, just hock the thing to someone who would want it.

[quote name='Rocky071']Not necessarily online/ebay/etc, just in general. It's a launch day model I lined up for. The fad status kind of turned me away from Smash Bros when it was released, and I'm not a big Mario Kart fan. Is there any reason (aka game to look forward to) to keep the system?

Help me decide CAG :whistle2:k I'm really torn.[/QUOTE]

Why did you buy it in the first place? Are you a Nintendo fan?

The E3, where all the announcements will take place, is in July, so they'll announce the fall lineup.

Wii Fit is also coming in May, and possibly We Love Golf, from Camelot (the makers of Mario Golf and Hot Shot Golf series).

It all depends on your like and dislike.

Sell hardware is a mistake unless its not current gen IMO. There will be something that comes out that will make you want a Wii again. I don't use mine much right now either, but I would not sell it because of that.

Sell it now while you can still get retail for it on craigslist.

By the time you want it again the price will have dropped.

To be honest there's not really a whole lot coming out that I can think of. Mario Kart, Wii Fit, and I think I heard they were making a new Mario Baseball game...but I wouldn't really hold onto the system just for that. If you haven't tried Metroid Prime 3 yet....give that at least a rent before getting rid of your system.

sorry but... teh Canadian deal, where is it?

Not saying "hey! it's offtopic, go away!"
just saying you'd have better opinions in another part of the forum.

If you don't like the Wii now with Brawl, Metroid, Mario Kart, NMH, TP, etc. chances are there won't be any real reason to hold onto it.

I keep toying with buying one but personally I don't think it really caters to the hardcore gamer and I don't have a lot of local gamer friends. That and I already have the other 2 next-gen consoles.

There are so little single player games for the Wii that it's not even part of my game setup in my room, the Wii's in the living room for my brother.

The odd Warioware is played when people are around but eh.

I can't really relate because I missed the whole GameCube generation, so now I have a huge backlog of games to catch up on. :) Have you already exhausted all the good GameCube and Virtual Console games too?

Virtual Console games (SNES/NES/GBA, whatever) are all stowed away on my PSP (I really got sick of carrying all those carts everywhere with my DS/GBA) and Wiiware doesn't interest me much (it's a good idea, but where am I supposed to save all those games to? Dinky SD cards? eh.).

And GC games, there's a few good dozen but I have plenty of other games to catch up on (university term finished this Friday! wooooooooooooo!).

I sold my launch-purchased Wii in January for what I paid for it, and was glad that I did. I went back to my GC and couldn't be happier about it, although I'm sure that something will come out for the Wii that necessitates buying a new one in the future.

Can't SD cards be used as storage devices? I think the Wii supports like 4GB now... still though, some of those Wiiware games look like they take up a gig, easy (FF Chronicles).

Have you played and disliked:
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Metroid Prime 3
- Trauma Center: Second Opinion
- No More Heroes
- Zack & Wiki
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (disliking something because it's popular is a tad sad)

If none of these games appealed to you, then yes sell the Wii as I can't see it getting much better!

I'm sort of in the same boat, except I have yet to buy a Wii.
Main reason I want 1 is to play my old GC games. I actually regret selling my Cube. IF I could find Cube component cables (at a reasonable price) I would simply buy a Cube again.
I'll prob end up with a Wii and then picking up Smash Bros., Zelda (Cube version), RE Chronicles and Wario. Besides that I don't see a whole lot!

[quote name='kathos']Off topic, I just found Metroid Prime 2 Echoes for 19.99 (non-yellow label), is that good/bad?[/quote]

Not good or bad. Normal I suppose. Some ppl get all crazy about the yellow players choice label, but that's a whole other topic!

wiikey and all the games youve never considered buying actually getting played and seing the untapped amazingness of the wii... enough said.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wiikey and all the games youve never considered buying actually getting played and seing the untapped amazingness of the wii... enough said.[/quote]

**** off

[quote name='kathos']Can't SD cards be used as storage devices? I think the Wii supports like 4GB now... still though, some of those Wiiware games look like they take up a gig, easy (FF Chronicles).[/quote]

Wii VC games can't be played off SD, probably will be the same thing with the WiiWare games

bread's done
Back