This CC deal is driving me crazy!!!

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Okay, so yesterday I see the deal posted, but I say to myself "Chris, you've already bought GTA Vice City, La Pucelle, three DVDs in Return of the King, The Last Samurai and Matrix Revolutions. Don't worry about this deal, it's not that good."

So I was doing pretty good and in resistance mode. But I started to break. I began to check the list and then printed it out. I started checking off games that I wanted. I even tried to go last night, but my wife quickly reminded me that the firework show was going to begin soon. Shit. I actually did well during that because I completely forgot about the deal.

Then later at home, I poured over all the many threads. Then I watched some Return of the King and played some La Pucelle. I then went to bed about 1:30 a.m. Here's where it gets bad.

I had about three dreams about the CC deal some were good and some were bad. The first dream I had, I went to work around 7 a.m. but knew I'd be leaving soon to go check out the deal. I leave for work and get there but realize that I only have a partial list of the PS2 games. There's a big guy there who, for some reason, bears a strikingly close resemblance to BigNick. Anyway, me and him swap stories and help each other out with a few games and that's that dream.

The second dream has me going back into the store and everythings cleaned out. I get crazy pissed.

Then, I dream about standing outside the store waiting for it to open, but there's about a dozen other people standing there doing the same thing. We go in, and just like in dreams, I run really slow while they run uber fast and get all the games before me. Again, I'm crazy pissed.

Then the third and final dream has me going in and seeing about 15 copies of Disgaea there. I end up taking four. But these copies are also bundled with a DVD of some kind another game and a Disgaea t-shirt. Anyway, I take the games up to a store clerk, but she's sitting there reading a book and paying me no attention, so I scan the item and sure enough, $5!!! So then, I proceed to get the rest of my list.

Some great dreams, eh? Well, it is about 6:30 a.m. I am now going to get ready to leave so I can be ready to hit the store the moment it opens. This deal has driven me insane, and I won't be healed from it until I can get some good, cheap ass games.

That's my story, I am sorry that I have problems.

Edit: Oh and P.S.
If anyone can tell me when CC opens, I'd be very appreciative.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'] Don't worry about this deal, it's not that good."

[/quote]

Are you crazy? :D

Seriously, CC should open at 10am today (Monday 7/5).

it's been driving me crazy too,and i'm driving my dad crazy. not this crazy though. i really should be happy that the 2 games i wanted the most i got the last copies of. there are more but weren't on the 1st 10 game list of xbox.

but of course couldn't pick up last copy of doa xtreme beach volleyball. should have when my dad was else where.

[quote name='coolsteel']Yeah that is pretty crazy, only the horrible disappointment of finding nothing by now will shake that out of you[/quote]

I'm just hoping that my store will remain a virgin from CAGs and Fat Wallet guys out there and stay untouched. That is until I get there and pop that cherry!

Xbox master the sale started on 7/3... I know I was confused as well so I hit CC at On July 4th to find it mostly untouched. I know that they must have been wiped out in the first day or two though. Several of the newer games were not on the shelf. Viewtiful Joe was not there for instance.

Okay, reality was closer to my last dream. I made out like a bandit today. Here's my haul:

Viewtiful Joe (2)
Disgaea (2)
Mario Party 4
Maximo
Dark Cloud 2

And there were literally TONS of other $5 games just sitting there. I didn't want to buy out the whole lot like some people. Instead, I left some of the goodness for others.

You're not crazy man. I went to CC on Saturday, 3 times, bought 3 games each time, I kept coming home, reading the updated list and finding more games on there I needed, and kept driving back. So that night, you'd think I'd be happy with what I got, my girlfriend was telling me I need to be satisfied with my games. I wasn't, I knew they still had about 6 games I wanted to get (no duplicate games). Problem was, I just paid rent and was clean out of money, all I needed was $30. I spent the night pondering how to get a fast $30. I even dreamed about it as well. So I wake up with a desperate need to get $30 fast. I started to browse through my reciepts for my games, looking for one to take back that I had bought in the last month, no good, I can't give up games. So I then had the brainstorm to take back my wavebird I just bought for $30! Luckily, I hadn't opened it yet, so I was able to return it and get 6 more cheapass games. My girlfriend was kinda disappointed in me and my need to get cheap games. Oh well. Damn this sale. My head hurts.

[quote name='scsg75']You're not crazy man. I went to CC on Saturday, 3 times, bought 3 games each time, I kept coming home, reading the updated list and finding more games on there I needed, and kept driving back. So that night, you'd think I'd be happy with what I got, my girlfriend was telling me I need to be satisfied with my games. I wasn't, I knew they still had about 6 games I wanted to get (no duplicate games). Problem was, I just paid rent and was clean out of money, all I needed was $30. I spent the night pondering how to get a fast $30. I even dreamed about it as well. So I wake up with a desperate need to get $30 fast. I started to browse through my reciepts for my games, looking for one to take back that I had bought in the last month, no good, I can't give up games. So I then had the brainstorm to take back my wavebird I just bought for $30! Luckily, I hadn't opened it yet, so I was able to return it and get 6 more cheapass games. My girlfriend was kinda disappointed in me and my need to get cheap games. Oh well. Damn this sale. My head hurts.[/quote]

Heh heh, I hear that. I just got my re-enlistment bonus of almost $2,000 so I had plenty of money to spend. But I only bought a handful of games and didn't go too crazy.

LOL! Saturday night, I had a dream about going to Circuit City and finding a shopping cart full of rare games!

I woke up when I had a cart full of Sega Saturn rarities. I KNEW it was a dream then.

[quote name='FighterX']LOL! Saturday night, I had a dream about going to Circuit City and finding a shopping cart full of rare games!

I woke up when I had a cart full of Sega Saturn rarities. I KNEW it was a dream then.[/quote]

Heh heh, that would be too good to be true!

Yeah, and even though I went through every single game at my CC, looked behind every single one, and am clean out of money, I still have this urge to go back there today and check just to make sure I didn't miss anything, I will resist it though.

Are the games marked $5 cuz I went to my circuit city today, and there was nothing setup but they had a lot of the games on the list but they were marked like 20 dollars?

[quote name='FrankySox']Are the games marked $5 cuz I went to my circuit city today, and there was nothing setup but they had a lot of the games on the list but they were marked like 20 dollars?[/quote]

Had you bothered reading the 20 other threads about this you would know they should ring up at 4.99 but not be marked as such. Better hurry back

[quote name='FrankySox']Are the games marked $5 cuz I went to my circuit city today, and there was nothing setup but they had a lot of the games on the list but they were marked like 20 dollars?[/quote]

You did the right thing. It makes a lot more sense to leave the store, come back here and ask us, than it would to ask an employee to scan a game. Bravo. /sarcasm

I'm usually not that mean, but come on, do you really need us to hold your hand and walk you through the deal?

Hey Grave,...

Is Great Taste Chinese still open there??

When I was going through tech school, I ate there 3-4 times a week.

I think it was Great Taste, although I may be wrong.

They have the biggest, and best cream cheese wontons I've ever had!
Their orange chicken,,....OH my lord!! No rinds, just fresh, sweet slices of heaven!

Oh, how I miss Sheppard.

Never thought you'd hear that, did you??

[quote name='drone8888']Hey Grave,...

Is Great Taste Chinese still open there??

When I was going through tech school, I ate there 3-4 times a week.

I think it was Great Taste, although I may be wrong.

They have the biggest, and best cream cheese wontons I've ever had!
Their orange chicken,,....OH my lord!! No rinds, just fresh, sweet slices of heaven!

Oh, how I miss Sheppard.

Never thought you'd hear that, did you??[/quote]

Hah hah. No, I don't think that place is open anymore. There is a place right off base called Uncle Kai's. It's pretty good.

When did you go through tech school here? I only got here in October after spending three years at Malmstrom. Now that place was pretty bad. Actually, it wasn't so bad. Beautiful places in Montana, though.

All my family and wife's family are in Texas, so we're pretty close. So far, I like Sheppard a lot.

People have dreams about these kinda things? I mean, I like games as much as the next guy, but if I had a dream like that, I'd prolly stay away from this site for a while.

I finished up tech school in April 2002.

I used to walk the entire base perimeter to kill time.

What is your AFSC??

I'm an ELEN troop, but I'm on a detail now, working in the control center, debriefing crews, amongst other stuff.

I loved it there, but I was really a recluse. I'd ditch class, and just walk for hours, back through those farmlike areas, with all the high tension lines.

Man, I must have memorized about 30 CD's, just walking.

It's such a small world, you know.
It felt like I was all alone, and that the world was going to end.

My strolls, dug up all these weird feelings and stuff that I had long forgotten.

I miss that experience.
Plus, the people there are really nice.

I'm not sure if Sgt Roy still works the gates, when he's not instructing, but if he is, tell him ELEN graduate Zako says hi.

That's what he called me. I doubt he remembers me, but we had some times.

Have fun out there, and watch out for a 400lb man, in a pick-up, that wears Buddy Holly glasses. He is a freak. Maybe the next Chainsaw Massacre.

:)

[quote name='magilacudy']What's crazy is that he dreamt about it. Three times. Crazy like a fox. :?[/quote]

That's nothing. When I wasn't drinking soda i would often dream of just sitting and drinking coke. Nothing else

yeah i bought a million dollars worth of 5 dollar CC games........oh wait never mind i dont live ANYWERE NEAR a CC and i probably wont for a long time.......to top that ive never even seen or been in one

I had a few dreams on this sale finding everything that i wished and all, but most fo the time it was about numero cinco or the number 5. During the night, it kept haunting me that i might not make it in time that either the sale would be over or that there would be nothing left or that again another CC would deny me

P.s. Oh by the way, Grave Addiction, i think you wrote 4 dreams when i counted.

[quote name='ElfAngel7'][quote name='magilacudy']What's crazy is that he dreamt about it. Three times. Crazy like a fox. :?[/quote]

That's nothing. When I wasn't drinking soda i would often dream of just sitting and drinking coke. Nothing else[/quote]

That's awesome. :lol:

[quote name='drone8888']I finished up tech school in April 2002.

I used to walk the entire base perimeter to kill time.

What is your AFSC??

I'm an ELEN troop, but I'm on a detail now, working in the control center, debriefing crews, amongst other stuff.

I loved it there, but I was really a recluse. I'd ditch class, and just walk for hours, back through those farmlike areas, with all the high tension lines.

Man, I must have memorized about 30 CD's, just walking.

It's such a small world, you know.
It felt like I was all alone, and that the world was going to end.

My strolls, dug up all these weird feelings and stuff that I had long forgotten.

I miss that experience.
Plus, the people there are really nice.

I'm not sure if Sgt Roy still works the gates, when he's not instructing, but if he is, tell him ELEN graduate Zako says hi.

That's what he called me. I doubt he remembers me, but we had some times.

Have fun out there, and watch out for a 400lb man, in a pick-up, that wears Buddy Holly glasses. He is a freak. Maybe the next Chainsaw Massacre.

:)[/quote]

Heh heh, I don't think I've ever seen that dude yet, but when I do, I'll make sure to head in the opposite direction.

I'm in Public Affairs. Right now, I'm the sports editor for the Sheppard Senator, you know the base newspaper that no one reads.

How long have ya been in?

The deal has been driving me very crazy. In all seriousness, most of the games on the list were games I could somewhat careless of owning, since I had just about all the games that interest me on the list. Most of the games I bought for around $10-$20, although not really bad since I played most of them a lot. Every getting a lot of games has convinced me to go out to CC and take advantage of the good deals also, although I'm buying games I may not play very much. The thing that's mostly driving me crazy is losing sleep. :( I still feel like an idiot for not knowing Viewtiful Joe was on sale, so I just looked at it and put it back down. I'm getting up early every morning to check CC and going to bed late thinking about what I'll see the next day. I haven't felt this bad since PS2 was released, because I had so many sleepless nights trying to get one, but didn't. :(

I really want to buy Tales of Symphonia and a bunch of RPG games for PS2 this July, also renewing my XBL subscription, but I may not have as much money since I bought a lot at CC.

bread's done
Back