This E-mail claiming that I paid $400 on a watch(Paypal)

gopro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I get on like 5 minutes ago to check my e-mail then I see this e-mail header
"Your payment has been sent to [email protected]", So I click on it, It says "This e-mail confirms that you have payed Omergamove $395 using paypal. The credit card transaction will appear on your bill as OMEGAMOVE PAYPAL", then on the bottom it says, "If you havent authorized this charge, click the link below to to cancel the payment and get a full refund". Outta nervousness I click the link, this is the link http://marchioni.org/mt/cmd-run=/login.htm

So then It requires me to login to paypal, I start typing in the info required when I remember that this forum was talking about scams like this. Then I log in to my paypal account it doesnt show any transaction for $400.
The site that I clamied to have bought a watch is omegamove.com

This is a Scam right? If so how do I report it? Funny thing about this e-mail that helped me think it was a scam was that None of my paypal payments had the "Dispute Transaction". Also I could Copy the text in the e-mail unlike the real non-scam payments. All I could Copy is My name. lol.

Kden Peoples

[quote name='gopro']I get on like 5 minutes ago to check my e-mail then I see this e-mail header
"Your payment has been sent to [email protected]", So I click on it, It says "This e-mail confirms that you have payed Omergamove $395 using paypal. The credit card transaction will appear on your bill as OMEGAMOVE PAYPAL", then on the bottom it says, "If you havent authorized this charge, click the link below to to cancel the payment and get a full refund". Outta nervousness I click the link, this is the link http://marchioni.org/mt/cmd-run=/login.htm

So then It requires me to login to paypal, I start typing in the info required when I remember that this forum was talking about scams like this. Then I log in to my paypal account it doesnt show any transaction for $400.
The site that I clamied to have bought a watch is omegamove.com

This is a Scam right? If so how do I report it? Funny thing about this e-mail that helped me think it was a scam was that None of my paypal payments had the "Dispute Transaction". Also I could Copy the text in the e-mail unlike the real non-scam payments. All I could Copy is My name. lol.

Kden Peoples[/QUOTE]

DO NOT log in from the e-mail that you received! That's how scammers get your user ID and password. You need to forward the details to [email protected].

[quote name='gopro']how do i change my PW?[/QUOTE]

Log in, go to your Profile, and choose Password from the Account Information. There's an edit button.

A slightly quicker way might be to go to paypal.com and click on "Forgot your password?"

Either way should be fine.

Ok I got it, changed it. Thanks peopels. I ate something bad and got Food Poisoning so been a little off today, only had like 4 hours of sleep.

Just to add it, this is a big time scam that many people fall for without even thinking about it.

If you logged in to your Paypal account from any of the links in the email, you need to get your password changed ASAP. Close all of your browsers and type Paypal.com in yourself. Get logged in and get that password changed.

This stuff applies if you clicked the link and gave it your password:

Also check to make sure that money hasn't been sent from your account yet. Make sure that you check the complete log of transactions to make sure that something wasn't "filed".

Hopefully, you are okay, but get going. Personally, I'd close the whole damn account today and start all over with a new email address. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck.

TBW

I cant forward the text in the e-mail except this "Dear Jo Ann Honda"

Thats the only thing. Should I still forward it so paypal has that scammers paypal?

[quote name='gopro']I cant forward the text in the e-mail except this "Dear Jo Ann Honda"

Thats the only thing. Should I still forward it so paypal has that scammers paypal?[/QUOTE]

That's not their paypal address most likely. They were just trying to get access to your paypal account.

No money has been taken out, I changed my password, and I took out whatever remaining money I had in my account. Im not gonna start over again. Its cool, I think. Im not that paranoid. If something happens I will just file a dispute with Paypal and not have an account with them. Thanks peoples

Green- damn. That sucks.

[quote name='gopro']Outta nervousness I click the link, this is the link http://marchioni.org/mt/cmd-run=/login.htm So then It requires me to login to paypal, I start typing in the info required [/QUOTE] THREE RULES THAT WILL SAVE YOU FROM SCAMS:

- Never give information to an unknown website.
- Never give information to an unknown caller.

- ONLY give out info if YOU contacted them (typed in the web address/called the phone number) and can verify who they are.

Example: I received a call from Discover Security saying "Your card was stolen" & then they asked for information. So I said, "Screw you, I don't know who you are" and hung up. Then I called my Discover Card & found out it was a lie.

troy

My mom is getting the same e-mail, and when I saw her in tears, I flipped out last month and was looking for the guy's address in the white pages. Fortunately she didn't log in through the e-mail.

Every one of these rat bastards that send these out should be sent in front of a firing squad which fires blanks, followed by another with real bullets after they start to believe it was all a joke.

[quote name='m0dem']The easiest way to tell if a paypal email is a scam is if it does not say Dear, Your Full Name[/QUOTE]

They had the full name of the recepient. Im sure its not too hard to find the full name of each paypal customer. Another way u can tell its a scam is that in the e-mail they had put a Dispute Link which all of my other payment never had, 2nd the e-mail header is Paypal, not [email protected](real header of paypal), 3rd Couldnt copy the text inside of the e-mail, which I could do with all my other e-mails of paypal.

electrictroy- I didnt send any of my info, just typed in my name and address, then I realized that this forum talked about scams like this then I exited.

bread's done
Back