This Friday (11/2) only - 50% off clearance games at Compusa

Just got back from the Concord Deleware Compusa. Still lots there. Just a heads up, all of the clearance games I picked up were ringing up $5.00 more than the sticker was on the box. had to get the manager to override the price that was coming up. Check your receipts.

Eternal Sonata WAS NOT clearanced.

What I grabbed:

Superman Returns 360 (12.48)
Battlefield 2 360 (10.99)
Final Fantasy XII PS2 (7.49)
Bullet Witch 360 (9.98)
Full Auto 360 (10.99)
Destroy All Humans 2 PS2 (9.98)
LOTR: BFME 2 360 (10.99)

and I got a Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Hint Book for 2.98

Remember to check your receipts, I saved 17.50 alone on pricing mistakes. And of course...TAX FREE!

Some games I saw in the Bins were: Need for Speed Carbon and Most Wanted, NBA/NCAA 07, Phantasy Star Universe, Just Cause, Billy & Mandy, Elebits, Vice City Stories and a few more. I'll check the thread and post if I saw any.

I did not see Battlestations Midway, C&C3, EDF:2017, Call of Juarez, or Carnival Games.

That's fucked up... But... If the store I'm thinking of is anyhting like yours.

LOTR: BFME 2 360 (10.99) and too play some rpg fun...
Battlefield 2 360 (10.99) for the price of it...
Bullet Witch 360 (9.98) for a friend...

I just got back from the Research location in Austin, TX

The games were on a cart near the registers, rather than back by the games. They had no prices marked, so I had to have the cashier check the ones I was interested in.

I saw:
Tomb Raider Legend
Enchanted Arms
Perfect Dark
Gears of War
Rogue Galaxy
Elite Beat Agents
and a bunch of other stuff.

I ended up getting:
Earth Defense Force $20
Enchanted Arms $15

Eternal Sonata was not on clearance and was full price.

There was a clearance table in Greenville, SC that had just a few Xbox, PS2 and DS games. But I wondered back into the regular section and picked up a few "Manager's Special" games to see if they'd fall into the 1/2 off clearance sale. Sure enough, they did.

My finds after discount:

The Godfather (Wii) $13.00
Driver:parallel Lines(Wii) $13.00
Spinter Cell: DA (Wii) $9

NBA Homecourt (360) $12.50
Marvel Alliance (360) $14

I know I'm getting a Wii for Xmas and, while those aren't the best titles, figured at those prices, why not?

[quote name='awp']There was a clearance table in Greenville, SC that had just a few Xbox, PS2 and DS games. But I wondered back into the regular section and picked up a few "Manager's Special" games to see if they'd fall into the 1/2 off clearance sale. Sure enough, they did.

My finds after discount:

I know I'm getting a Wii for Xmas and, while those aren't the best titles, figured at those prices, why not?[/quote]
Actually Godfather is a very good wi game.
Congrats on the finds

Just called a store and Eternal Sonata is not included, perhaps it will be YMMV

[quote name='joker______']83 how much was Need for Speed Carbon goin for?[/quote]

I didn't look at the price, I was just skimming through the pile and noticed it.

If I had to guess, being that Superman Returns was the most expensive game in my cart, it probably falls in line with that which was 12.48.

[quote name='awp']There was a clearance table in Greenville, SC that had just a few Xbox, PS2 and DS games. But I wondered back into the regular section and picked up a few "Manager's Special" games to see if they'd fall into the 1/2 off clearance sale. Sure enough, they did.

My finds after discount:

I know I'm getting a Wii for Xmas and, while those aren't the best titles, figured at those prices, why not?[/quote]

was marvel ultimate alliance the gold edition?

[quote name='Number83']I didn't look at the price, I was just skimming through the pile and noticed it.

If I had to guess, being that Superman Returns was the most expensive game in my cart, it probably falls in line with that which was 12.48.[/quote]

thanks alot man,im going in a few hours so ill report what i find

[quote name='guessed']At the Brentwood store, the "clearance bins" are to the right of the entrance, at least, they were a week ago when I did the buy any game, get a clearance game free deal. I had much better luck digging through the actual game section, though. I was thinking of going on my lunch break, but I don't know if I'll bother.

WHOA! Wait a minute. Eternal Sonata? Are you sure that was on clearance? It's less than 2 months old. Please reply asap.[/quote]

There was a copy in the clearance cart.. but there was also a copy of The Darkenss (which i know wasnt on clearance). I'm not familiar with Eternal Sonata.. so maybe someone just dropped in on the rack and hoped to score it cheap.

Do you know if the "manager's specials" in the normal game section are included in this deal? If so, there were a couple I may go back for.

:D

At the Columbia MD store I got (all 360) NBA Homcourt, Bullet Witch, and Fantastic 4 for 12.50 each. I've actually been waiting for F4 to drop. I also scored Yakuza for 15.00.

Other good finds were Guitar Hero 1 and Okami for $20, and TMNT 360 for 12.50.

[quote name='dogmanky']Do you know if the "manager's specials" in the normal game section are included in this deal? If so, there were a couple I may go back for.

:D[/QUOTE]

They were at my store (Greenville, SC) ... particularly if they end in .98.

The Frisco, TX CompUSA has a clearance bin near the customer service desk up front. Saw a lot of PS2 and PSP games. Quite a few 360 and DS games too. Nothing is tagged, they ring up full price but they adjust it 50% off at the register. Had them scan a few PSP games...

Jeanne D' Arc $30 (before 50% off)
Ace Combat X $40
Burnout Dominator $20
Heatseeker $20
Warhammer (card game one) $16

Great sale!

got these (prices after 50% off):

--Atelier Iris 3 - ~$17
--Tekken DR PSP - ~$8
--Loco Roco PSP - ~$15
--God Hand - ~$7

Gonna sell Atelier Iris to sweeten the deal. I was on the verge of picking up the other 3 this weekend anyway, so this makes things much easier.

also, I grabbed God Hand and Atelier Iris off the normal racks just to see if they would work. They weren't marked or anything but came up 50% off anyway.

Battlestations Midway
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
C&C Tiberium Wars
All-Pro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017

All of these games are either marked as "N" or "D01" so they're all 50% off.

[quote name='cwalker3']At the Columbia MD store I got (all 360) NBA Homcourt, Bullet Witch, and Fantastic 4 for 12.50 each. I've actually been waiting for F4 to drop. I also scored Yakuza for 15.00.

Other good finds were Guitar Hero 1 and Okami for $20, and TMNT 360 for 12.50.[/quote]

Very nice, you just saved me a trip! :applause:

[quote name='redline']The Frisco, TX CompUSA has a clearance bin near the customer service desk up front. Saw a lot of PS2 and PSP games. Quite a few 360 and DS games too. Nothing is tagged, they ring up full price but they adjust it 50% off at the register. Had them scan a few PSP games...

Jeanne D' Arc $30 (before 50% off)
Ace Combat X $40
Burnout Dominator $20
Heatseeker $20
Warhammer (card game one) $16[/QUOTE]

I also hit up the Frisco store.... bit of a drive though as I live in Denton. The things that ended in .98 and the things where the sku starts with N01 or D01 seemed to all be getting the 50% off deducted when rung up. I was really huntin' for Gears of War but couldn't find it, even though their system said they had one left (typical).

They had a decent (not great, but decent) selection of 360 stuff. Here's what I can remember, and some prices (my memory may be a little off):

Dead Rising rang up $26.50
Ghost Recon AW rang up like $13.50
Tomb Raider Legend I think rang up something around $10
Lego Star Wars II $10
Perfect Dark Zero was like $8.50

ones that I don't recall prices (but all were pretty cheap):

Kameo
Full Auto
Test Drive Unlimited
Pimp My Ride
Fantasy Star Universe

Elite Beat Agents DS
Call of Duty 3 PS3

And finally, the one thing I chose to bite on:

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $15

All in all, decent selection, but none of the titles on my must-buy list really. It's definitely worth having them ring them up at the register just to check, as I'm pretty sure anything that's discontinued (D01) or on clearance (N01) should be 50% off (I think that's correct). I never tried any full-price stuff (skus starting in A01 I think).

The real crappy thing is there used to be a store in Lewisville, TX right down the highway from me but its closed.

[quote name='cwalker3']At the Columbia MD store I got (all 360) NBA Homcourt, Bullet Witch, and Fantastic 4 for 12.50 each. I've actually been waiting for F4 to drop. I also scored Yakuza for 15.00.

Other good finds were Guitar Hero 1 and Okami for $20, and TMNT 360 for 12.50.[/quote]

The Towson store had a great selection for the B1G1 sale a few weeks ago, including several copies of Gears of War. I'd check it out tonight, if it wasn't the wrong direction in rush hour traffic.

[quote name='mkernan']
Dead Rising rang up $26.50
[/QUOTE]

That's far from a clearance. Retail on the game is $29.99 now.

But good find on Lost Planet!

The CompUSA by me didn't really have much in the way of video games that I was interested in, but they did still have a XBox Live Gold package. The clearance price was $42, and it didn't ring up automatically with the 50% off. With a managers override I wound up with 12 months of live, a headset, a free game (probably frogger? I forgot to check) and 200 points for $21.

I did see that the 12+1 gold cards were marked N01, so it might be possible to get these for $25. Has anyone tried this? Probably YMMV, but with a lenient cashier/manager it might be worth a shot. I didn't bother checking since the bundle was a better deal.

[quote name='blue_volvo']The CompUSA by me didn't really have much in the way of video games that I was interested in, but they did still have a XBox Live Gold package. The clearance price was $42, and it didn't ring up automatically with the 50% off. With a managers override I wound up with 12 months of live, a headset, a free game (probably frogger? I forgot to check) and 200 points for $21.

I did see that the 12+1 gold cards were marked N01, so it might be possible to get these for $25. Has anyone tried this? Probably YMMV, but with a lenient cashier/manager it might be worth a shot. I didn't bother checking since the bundle was a better deal.[/QUOTE]

sweet...i might try mines after work today

[quote name='blue_volvo']The CompUSA by me didn't really have much in the way of video games that I was interested in, but they did still have a XBox Live Gold package. The clearance price was $42, and it didn't ring up automatically with the 50% off. With a managers override I wound up with 12 months of live, a headset, a free game (probably frogger? I forgot to check) and 200 points for $21.

I did see that the 12+1 gold cards were marked N01, so it might be possible to get these for $25. Has anyone tried this? Probably YMMV, but with a lenient cashier/manager it might be worth a shot. I didn't bother checking since the bundle was a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Dang. I wish that had automatically rang up $21. My CUSA had plenty of those kits, but they're jerks so if it doesn't ring up that way, they'll say "that's an accessory, not a game" or some BS.

[quote name='awp']That's far from a clearance. Retail on the game is $29.99 now.

But good find on Lost Planet![/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding, I was bummed when I saw they were still pricing it at $52.99. Lame! but that's why I passed and only snagged LP.

Crap, I didn't even think about checking accessories.... coulda used a 4000 points card. Damn.

I'm going today.

Last time I was there, Gears rang up at full price.
So did the old Xbox Live cards (giant plastic container, Xbox 1-era Live).

Which Xbox Live-related items should I look out for?
Also, any accessories on the cheap?

I went to the Columbia MD store and they had massive clearance racks covering the front of the store. A bunch of the items on sale were previously display units, eg. wireless keyboard/mouse, and they had some pretty good deals. I saw a pair of Icemat Siberias for $26 (!).

Madden 07 Wii wasn't on the clearance rack, but I picked one out of the regular games section and saw it had D01 at the end. I asked the guy to ring it up and it gave me 50% off.

If you see something that was on that clearance list that they haven't marked as clearance, try anyway! You may get lucky.

[quote name='sarma81']Battlestations Midway
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
C&C Tiberium Wars
All-Pro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017

All of these games are either marked as "N" or "D01" so they're all 50% off.[/quote]

Not in Brentwood TN store. I just made a 2nd trip there to verify. The D01 were not included in the 50% off. :(

Sort of a newb question. Don't post much, but I lurk often, so I apologize but I'm probably going to be checking out my local store later and I was wondering...

Where exactly would I look for to see if a game will be marked with "N" or "D01"?

Furthermore... has anyone checked the store in Sunrise, FL (Sawgrass)? Might save me a trip.

[quote name='dogmanky']Not in Brentwood TN store. I just made a 2nd trip there to verify. The D01 were not included in the 50% off. :([/quote] Which ones weren't down in price then.

Sucks I have to go after work.

Well, amazingly the CompUSA down the street had a huge bin near the door with a big sign announcing the clearance sale (today only!). They were still scanning games and putting them out when I got there, so were probably quite a few more that I didn't see, but there were plenty that were out...

I picked up:

PS2 Final Fantasy XII - $10
360 Hitman Blood Money - $15
360 Viva Pinata - $8
360 Need for Speed Carbon - $14
360 Blitz the League - $9
360 Enchanted Arms - $15
360 NBA Street Homecourt - $12.50

Call of Juarez didn't ring up 50% off. =( I had a clerk check it, but it was still $34.99.

Portland (Tigard), OR - Prices after discount... Got one for a friend on some...

Crackdown - $17.50 (Snagged 2)
Gears O'War - $25 (Grabbed 2)
Lost Planet: Extreme Cond (Not Collector's) - $15
Viva Pinata - $8
Ninja Turtles (Wii) - $9

Total for the SEVEN games - $116.92

The Crackdown and Gears were not marked clearance, but I asked them to check since so many other CAG's had gotten them during the B1G1. Also, there was no display of Lost Planet on the shelf, but since the guy was going to stockroom to get me the other 6, I asked him to check for any "Lost" Lost Planets back there... Came back with one!!

Thanks CAG!! :applause:

I just picked up:

:360: Gears of War LE $27.48
:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 $19.99

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep EDF. It's supposed to be pretty mediocre, so I suspect that I'll see it cheaper in the future. GoW LE was a fantastic deal, though. :D

[quote name='Damian']
walmart.jpg

.[/quote]

I saw that on The Tonight Show I think.

And everyone nkows that Target is the high end version of Walmart. :)

[quote name='redline']LOL in some parts of the country even Wal-Mart might be considered "high end".[/quote]

I have been to those areas, I will never go back. :)

[quote name='Darthjer']Portland (Tigard), OR - Prices after discount... Got one for a friend on some...

Crackdown - $17.50 (Snagged 2)
Gears O'War - $25 (Grabbed 2)
Lost Planet: Extreme Cond (Not Collector's) - $15
Viva Pinata - $8
Ninja Turtles (Wii) - $9

Total for the SEVEN games - $116.92

The Crackdown and Gears were not marked clearance, but I asked them to check since so many other CAG's had gotten them during the B1G1. Also, there was no display of Lost Planet on the shelf, but since the guy was going to stockroom to get me the other 6, I asked him to check for any "Lost" Lost Planets back there... Came back with one!!

Thanks CAG!! :applause:[/quote]
How can I not viva at $8 bucks. Bout to get off and fly down to two such stores.

Meh at my experience.

$7.50 AD NFS: Most Wanted (PSP) that I might end up returning.
I passed on NBA 2k7 (PS3) for $15

Also, they couldn't find Victorious Boxers 2.

The whole process was arduous and time consuming, and they didn't mismark a whole lot. For example, I hope Homecourt wasn't $12.50 for PS3.

I grabbed God Hand for $7.49 and Cars for $9.99 (my son's a fan). I didn't know about the SKU thing or I would have checked the games in the regular section.

If you're thinking about going to the store in Sunrise Florida... DONT BOTHER. What a waste of time. Their selection of games in general was terrible as it was.

They didn't have a "clearance bin", but like some other people on here had said, on the shelves they had stickers that said "Managers special". There was nothing special about any of the games. Most of the games that WERE listed on sale were either '07 sports games maybe marked down a couple of bucks (but not anything you couldn't find else where), and anything else that was listed on sale marked down from the price the games were when they were RELEASED, making most of these games MORE expensive than you can find them elsewhere. I tried to talk to the manager, but no one there seemed very interested in the bitching and moaning of a cheap nerd.

I was tempted to try another CompUSA, but it's not really that close, and the whole experienced frustrated me.

Picked up the following from NYC stores today:

Tiger Woods 2007 XBOX $7.50
Theme Park NDS $9
PGR 3 360 $8.50
Enchanted Arms 360 $15
Def Jam Icon 360 $13.50
Call of Duty 3 360 $13.50

Sweet deal...especially with the $5 off coupons that I used which I had received from previous transactions.

I can confirm that Sonic and the Secret Rings, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Trauma Center 2nd Opinion, and the Nintendogs games are NOT part of the clearance.

[quote name='Darthjer']Portland (Tigard), OR - Prices after discount... Got one for a friend on some...
[/QUOTE]

Your killing me, that's the one I go to from time to time, but I'm in Philadelphia and don't airline home until tomorrow....:cry: :cry:

Just purchased an x360 last week (Fred Meyer free Bioshock deal), so I need to start getting x360 games.

Well, good find on Gears of War and Lost Planet. :applause:

[quote name='sarma81']It's $44.99 and isn't part of the clearance so you'd pay full price ($44.99) for it.[/quote]

You can get that game at GS or TRU new for $29.99. It's a universal drop I believe.

Trauma Center 2 is coming very soon. 1st game must be lower MSRP $30 everywhere now.

My local Compusa is CLOSED down long time agao...... :(

Picked up these games today @ CompUsa:

:ps2:
God Hand $7.48
Okami $19.98

:ds:
Mario Hoops $14.99
Wario Master of Disguise $12.98
Sim City DS $9.99

:360:
Gears Of War $24.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids $8.98
Viva Pinata $7.99 (x2)

:wii:
Surf's Up $9.99 (x2)
SSX Blur $13.49
Sims 2 Pets $12.48
TMNT $8.98
GT Pro Series $12.98
Monster 4x4 $13.49

I was suprised at the selection and would have picked up more copies of Okami and Gears of War but I got the Last ones!

I looked for the compusa in Richmond, but I never found it. I think it's either non-existent or invisible. Anyways I didn't try too hard before I stopped and instead just went to Target to get discounted halloween candy. Much more delicious.

There were 3 4000 MS Live points cards on Manager's Special. I grabbed one, if the other two are there tomorrow, will grab those as well.

bread's done
Back