This Friday (11/2) only - 50% off clearance games at Compusa

[quote name='bassec']There were 3 4000 MS Live points cards on Manager's Special. I grabbed one, if the other two are there tomorrow, will grab those as well.[/quote]

Those came up half off?

Anything on the signage about the deal possibly being extended through Saturday? The local CompUSA was too far of a drive to take the chance considering the crap selection they usually have.

[quote name='jimijumper']
Sim City DS $9.99[/quote]
I guess I'm going back tomorrow. ;)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Anything on the signage about the deal possibly being extended through Saturday? The local CompUSA was too far of a drive to take the chance considering the crap selection they usually have.[/quote]

The deal is for both Friday and Saturday.

I picked up the following:

Flatout 2 (Xbox) $9.99
Mercury Meltdown (PSP) $7.48
Sonic The Hedgehog (360) $8.98
Bulletwitch $12.48
Hot Shots Tennis $11.98

My store (Fresno CA) had a ton of games in stock that I passed on as well, no Eternal Sonata & Dynasty Warriors Gundam on clearance though (they did have Samurai Warriors 2 & Samurai Warriors 2 Empires on clearance...too bad I own them both)

They also still had the Buy1 Get 1 Free signage still up, but after clarification with the manager was taken down.

[quote name='elmyra']I guess I'm going back tomorrow. ;)

The deal is for both Friday and Saturday.[/quote]
My store had a display saying it's FRIDAY only. Guess it's YMMV.

Got the following:

Crackdown ($17)
Full Auto ($15 or so)
Ninety Nine Nights ($15 or so)
Kameo ($8.50 or so)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 ($15 or so)

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']My store had a display saying it's FRIDAY only. Guess it's YMMV.[/quote]

That's weird. The first post has a link to the flyer advertising it, which clearly states at the top "Friday through Saturday Sale 11/2-11/3." They had the flyers all over my CompUSA.

I didn't really see anything I needed or didn't already have. I picked up a copy of Elite Beat Agents for a friend.

I scored a copy of FEAR for the 360 from the Emeryville store. I don't own a 360 but I plan on buying one in the future.

I saw lots of Wii games and Xbox 360 games...including Gears of War. I decided not to get Gears because I'm sure that's going to be a Platium Hit in the future so the savings wouldn't be that great.

[quote name='Xevious']I scored a copy of FEAR for the 360 from the Emeryville store. I don't own a 360 but I plan on buying one in the future.
[/quote]

How much was Fear?

My CompUSA was pretty amazing, they tried telling me that I could only get games from a certain designated area. They ask me if I had grabbed the games from that area, I didn't but I said I did (I'm trixie like that).

So I grabbed
$9 Blitz The League(360) located in designated area
$14 Burnout Revenge(360) located in normal display
$34 Dance Dance Revolution Universe w/ pad located in normal display

I told them they should be on clearance if they had a D or an N in the SKU and it was smoothe sailing from there.

Yes the top of the flyer says

2 Day Blowout!
2 Days Only - Friday, November 2nd through Saturday, November 3rd only

BUT

Where the 50% off clearance games is [Bottom left] there's a little area where it says "Friday Only"

I will probably still check if this deal will be valid tomorrow. Here's hoping...

[quote name='elmyra']That's weird. The first post has a link to the flyer advertising it, which clearly states at the top "Friday through Saturday Sale 11/2-11/3." They had the flyers all over my CompUSA.[/quote]

[quote name='Darthjer']Portland (Tigard), OR - Prices after discount... Got one for a friend on some...

Crackdown - $17.50 (Snagged 2)
Gears O'War - $25 (Grabbed 2)
Lost Planet: Extreme Cond (Not Collector's) - $15
Viva Pinata - $8
Ninja Turtles (Wii) - $9

Total for the SEVEN games - $116.92

The Crackdown and Gears were not marked clearance, but I asked them to check since so many other CAG's had gotten them during the B1G1. Also, there was no display of Lost Planet on the shelf, but since the guy was going to stockroom to get me the other 6, I asked him to check for any "Lost" Lost Planets back there... Came back with one!!

Thanks CAG!! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Bastige!!! I went by there this evening and they had almost none of those left :cry: (I'm not mad - I couldn't go till 8pm and thems the breaks). What pissed me off, though, was that their inventory said they had Gears, Crackdown, and Oblivion but they couldn't find any in the back after making me wait for 1/2 hour to look. And I don't mean me checking online, but the person at the front checking as I was in the store. Viva Pinata was gone as well. They had Burnout Dominator for the PSP, Sims 2 Pets for the Wii, Sim City for the DS and Rayman for the 360 that I would have bought if they were new, but all ended up being gutted "display" copies so I passed. I did pick up NBA St Homecourt, but I barely consider that worth $12.50 so I may return it. I also managed to get Lost Planet but I JUST bought that used a few weeks ago.

If anyone wants to trade Lost Planet for Oblivion send me a PM.

[quote name='TomoyoN']
BUT

Where the 50% off clearance games is [Bottom left] there's a little area where it says "Friday Only"

I will probably still check if this deal will be valid tomorrow. Here's hoping...[/quote]

CRAP. I didn't notice that. :cry:

[quote name='io'] but all ended up being gutted "display" copies so I passed. [/quote]

If it helps to ease the pain, one of the Crackdowns and the Lost Planet were opened/gutted, but I checked before I bought and both looked minty. They had an Enchanted Arms that I had also grabbed, but then they brought the disc out and it looked like it had been stored inside a punching bag full of broken glass, so I passed...

[quote name='Darthjer']If it helps to ease the pain, one of the Crackdowns and the Lost Planet were opened/gutted, but I checked before I bought and both looked minty. They had an Enchanted Arms that I had also grabbed, but then they brought the disc out and it looked like it had been stored inside a punching bag full of broken glass, so I passed...[/QUOTE]

Ha! Well, the Lost Planet I got at 8pm was sealed ;). But I would have preferred Gears. I also thought about getting EA, but decided against it so I'm glad I didn't have to see that same shredded disc.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Went to check it out today, and saw a few games of interest (Okami, Loco Roco, Madden 07 Wii) but decided to save money for now.

Viva Pinata
Star Trek Legacy
Battlestations Midway
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
Battlefield 2 360
Bullet Witch 360 (9.98) for a friend...

stopped by yesterday & got NFS:carbon,nba homecourt,battlefield 2:MC,& the godfather all for the 360, the total was $57.50, i saw lots of copies of gears of war along with star trek,tmnt,hitman,bullet witch,burnout revenge

[quote name='Meursault']anyone know if Shadow Run and Rainbow Six Vegas are included in this?[/quote]

rainbow 6 & shadowrun were not part of the sale

[quote name='PRMega']Either of the guys that mentioned checking the Latham, NY store see anything good? If so, I'll swing by before work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Answered my own question, total fail. Lots of sports games, but I was hoping for the $20 Elebits I saw a few weeks back to be half off :)

[quote name='Meursault']anyone who's been there today know if these games are still ringing up at 50% off today?[/quote]

They didn't for me. the guy hit total, but no 50% off. On the other hand, CompUSA usually seems to do these clearance sales more than once, like Kmart does. We'll probably see a percentage off sale again in the next month or two.

Well, actually I just called "Emeryville CompUSA Superstore" and the guy told me that the deal was still ON today, November 3rd 2007, so GO ahead!, I will try to make it before 9:00pm cause my gf is holding me here, lolz.

Good Luck!

The extension for today was on a store by store basis. 1 out of the 4 stores nears me still had the deal going today. Even at that store the discount had to be applied manually by a manager in order for it to work.

Thanks guys.

I got most of what I wanted yesterday, I just thought that for some reason the sale was 2 days. I figured I'd go back today to check on Shadowrun (which was really the only game left that I wanted) and maybe pick up Crackdown and Bulletwitch.

But I can't see driving from SF to Emeryville right now just for one game (plus the bridge toll is 4 bucks so that kind of sours the deal a bit).

The CompUSA in San Bruno was a goldmine yesterday. Walked away with about 15 different games. Thanks to the CAG's who clued me in to this sale. Definitely one of the better ones this year.

I was able to pick up, today, Sat. 11/02:

Bullet Witch $12.49
War Tech Senko $12.99
King Kong $4.99
The Godfather $12.99
Prey $13.99
Viva Pinata $7.99
Tomb Raider Legend $14.99
Kameo $8.49
Blitz: The League $8.99
Chromehounds $14.99
Fantastic 4 $12.49

Only one I regret is War Tech Senko. I hear that's $9.99 at Gamestop. Bullet Witch is pretty bad, too.

I checked eBay on those games and those prices are the low end of what you'll pay on eBay. Most are even lower than low end ... except for War Tech.

My store was only dicounting (to half) the games with the N on the clearence tag. They weren't discounting the D01 games. So no Gears for $25 at my store. No Burnout or NFS:Carbon either, since they were D01. Ditto LotR, or All Pro FB, Splinter Cell for sure at my store. And my store put all the N## games in one section.

Games I didn't pick up that I were in the half-off bin: Just Cause, Surf's Up, Samurai Warriors, XBLA Pack 1, Shrek, DDR, Meet the Robinson's, Madden 07 HOF, Perfect Dark (I almost bought three for my friends ... at like $8 apiece), March Madness 07, NBA 2K7 ...

A friend of mine down in South Texas WAS able to pick up Gears for $25, however, after I told him about it. Again, that was a different store.

I *MAY* go back tomorrow to return War Tech so I might see if they're doing it still on Sunday.

BTW, when I took all these to the register, they only rung up like $5 off of EVERYTHING. They had to be manually reduced to half off.

I sent a friend over to the store later that night and they wouldn't give him the discount, saying it was JUST for yesterday.

bread's done
Back