This girl at work is trying to get me fired!!!!

FrankySox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
So I'm a manager at my university's union and I swear it's the best job EVER! So anyway today I come into work to start my shift and my supervisor starts telling me about how one of the workers (which I hardly ever see) emailed her and told her that she has not been getting along with me(Which is a BIG lie) and that I've been harrasing her, which is also another lie. This not only could cost me my job, but it makes me look bad, and hurts my chance of using this job on my resume. I've been here about a year, and the thing that gets me is that this girls last day is on Wednesday, and I'll be working with her, and I have no idea why she is doing this! SHe's coming in tommorow to talk to my supervisor about it, and my supervisor didn't seem too concerned about it, but still it doesn't make me look good. So if she does end up getting me fired, is there any legal action I can take for her false accusations? What would you do if you were in a similar situation? If I've left anything out let me know so I can clarify!

You need to confront this girl, and figure out why she has it in for you.

You sleep with her friend and not call her or something???

[quote name='crazytalkx']Aww damnit![/QUOTE]

She hot? You may need to pay her a visit to clear things up like adults do...

Considering she's quitting I wouldn't worry about it too much. If your supervisor meets with her she will hopefully be able to tell she's lying. Plus after working there for that long your supervisor should know what kind of person you are.

How well do you know her? Do you try and flirt? Maybe she has something against one of your friends / coworkers and is taking it on you, guilty by association perhaps. If the claims are totally rediculous I wouldn't be too worked up, the truth will shine brighter than the lies, especially if the claims are out of character for you.

If all else fails, just call the CAG crew to come represent, bounce some pipe off her shin.

[quote name='CDOG']You need to confront this girl, and figure out why she has it in for you.

You sleep with her friend and not call her or something???[/QUOTE]
lol, no, one of the other girls at work says that she thinks this girl might want me...however there are two reasons I don't believe this..
a) She is trying to get me fired
b) She has a boyfriend(in a distant location)

And since when to adults tell their boss, instead of confronting someone themselves, this girl is 22 going to be a teacher, and graduating this year, and she can't confront me, something is going on here.

Isn't what she is doing the definition of slander?
If he costs you your job or you get bad marks and cannot use it as a reference then I think you might have legal recourse.
I think it depends on how far you want to take it and how important the job is to you.

Avoid her like the plague. She obviously is delusional, and knowing your luck, the time you try to confront her, your boss would walk up mid-conversation and take something the wrong way. Just avoid her and let her quit in peace.

"Go sell crazy some place else. We're all stocked up here."

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Isn't what she is doing the definition of slander?
If he costs you your job or you get bad marks and cannot use it as a reference then I think you might have legal recourse.
I think it depends on how far you want to take it and how important the job is to you.[/QUOTE]

Slander is still illegal? What about libel? I thought the weren't illegal anymore (or at least commonly charged)

[quote name='repetske']Avoid her like the plague. She obviously is delusional, and knowing your luck, the time you try to confront her, your boss would walk up mid-conversation and take something the wrong way. Just avoid her and let her quit in peace.

"Go sell crazy some place else. We're all stocked up here."[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I do have VERY bad luck, so I think I'll just let it go until something happens to me, but I don't think anything will because I didn't do anything.

[quote name='FrankySox']lol, no, one of the other girls at work says that she thinks this girl might want me...however there are two reasons I don't believe this..
a) She is trying to get me fired
b) She has a boyfriend(in a distant location)

And since when to adults tell their boss, instead of confronting someone themselves, this girl is 22 going to be a teacher, and graduating this year, and she can't confront me, something is going on here.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the real world, where adults never act like adults. Whatever you do, do NOT confront her. This makes you appear antagonistic. Since she obviously doesn't like you, she will use this to cast you in a bad light. Just tell your boss that you have no idea what the problem is, since she never told you anything, but you want to hear (from your boss) what the complaint was so that you can be the most effective at your job blah blah blah. Just thank your lucky stars she's leaving soon, cause otherwise this would be guaranteed to head to sexual harrassment land, and you definitely don't want that.

Since I don't have all the information on your situation I'll tell you my opinion based on the info I DO know. This is a case of 'he said, she said' - basically your word vs. her word. Now, there is no logical explanation for her slander (and yes it is slanderous what she is doing if it's true that you have nothing to do w/ her) so unless you have evidence of any real wrongdoing, you're just wasting $$$ taking legal action. Unless you can offer concrete evidence to suggest that this girl is in fact lying, employers will still take her side (gender equality being a pipe dream) if she's playing up the 'poor innocent widdle girl' act. You've got very little recourse in this matter except to deny the allegations and hope they are in fact allegations only. You never know what you might've done to piss this psycho girl off. I pray for any students she ends up teaching.

Some girls do whacky stuff. There was this girl in my HS who beat herself with chains and then blaimed it on the boy who had just dumped her. Lucky for him that she was stupid enough to tell her friends, otherwise I'm sure he'd have gone to jail (gotta love the new PC system, IE in the gender arena all men are instantly guilty).

Don't worry too much, you seem like a decent guy and it sounds like your boss knows her game. My advice is to explain your side of the story to your boss, and let him know that you're want to fix this situation in whatever way possible.

[quote name='jaykrue']You never know what you might've done to piss this psycho girl off. I pray for any students she ends up teaching.[/QUOTE]

those poor second graders that will be accused of sexual harrassment by their teacher.

Yeah, it doesn't look like you can do too much but just deny her accusations and just try not to entice her in anyway. I've had this happen to me a few times, yet I was in grade school during those incidents so the girls' "reasons" were probably more trivial. :D

Yeah this sounds like the classic elementry school girls trying to get little boys in trouble for stupid ass reasons. The court system wont help you and even if you win people you know will still think you did it. (most people i know still call Kobe a rapist and OJ a murderer...they could be racist though)

[quote name='whiteboy']Yeah this sounds like the classic elementry school girls trying to get little boys in trouble for stupid ass reasons. The court system wont help you and even if you win people you know will still think you did it. (most people i know still call Kobe a rapist and OJ a murderer...they could be racist though)[/QUOTE]

C'mon. OJ

I'm with you on Kobe though.

[quote name='weimerwanger']Heres a shot in the dark: Your workmate is Lina and she found out your secret CAG identity.[/QUOTE]
lol, no!

[quote name='weimerwanger']Heres a shot in the dark: Your workmate is Lina and she found out your secret CAG identity.[/QUOTE]

He works with DLF? ;)

so:

you have a good working relationship with your supervisor
you have been there a year (assumedly done a good job, never told to shape up/ship out, etc)
you have no past history of harassment issues with girls, work related or otherwise
said girl is lying
said girl will be leaving job shortly (any particular reason?)
how is said girl's relationship with supervisor/other employees?

there is a danger in this turning into something, which can be triggered by any desire to pursue legal action or people starting to freak out

the ideal result is your supervisor realizes her claims have no merit, trusts your side, and she calms down/peaceably leaves the picture.

what is important is to make sure your supervisor remains neutrally on your side, that you stay CALM and go out of your way to diffuse the situation, even if that means being the bigger person and making the extra effort to be pleasant (it's just one more day vs who knows how long a dragged out disaster it could be)

[quote name='vherub']so:

you have a good working relationship with your supervisor
you have been there a year (assumedly done a good job, never told to shape up/ship out, etc)
you have no past history of harassment issues with girls, work related or otherwise
said girl is lying
said girl will be leaving job shortly (any particular reason?)
how is said girl's relationship with supervisor/other employees?

there is a danger in this turning into something, which can be triggered by any desire to pursue legal action or people starting to freak out

the ideal result is your supervisor realizes her claims have no merit, trusts your side, and she calms down/peaceably leaves the picture.

what is important is to make sure your supervisor remains neutrally on your side, that you stay CALM and go out of your way to diffuse the situation, even if that means being the bigger person and making the extra effort to be pleasant (it's just one more day vs who knows how long a dragged out disaster it could be)[/QUOTE]
She is leaving the job becuase she's a grown up and she's graduating. She really only works two days a week, so she doesn't even know most of the employees, however I think my supervisor likes her. But my supervisor is cool, and I don't think they will let me go, because if they do they will regret it, but today they sent out the schedules for next semester and my hours have been cut back. I'm not too worried because everybody's hours have been cut back, but still I'm the worrying type and this doesn't look good.

OP, maybe she mistook you for someone else. Do you have a twin or something? Or is there a co-worker that looks like you?

bread's done
Back