This is dead.

[quote name='aoessand']damn does the game suck that much it alrdy dropping price?[/quote]

I actually heard it was quite good. The only reason amazon's rating is down is because of people complaining about pre-order codes or something. Those reviews had nothing to do with the game itself.

[quote name='InFlames215']I actually heard it was quite good. The only reason amazon's rating is down is because of people complaining about pre-order codes or something. Those reviews had nothing to do with the game itself.[/quote]

Some of the reviews are complaining about the games beta. The code system was badly handled and customer service was not being helpful at all. Many other reviews state that they could not get the game working because of some error on Funcoms side and they were being charged for game time where they could not play, but most of the reviews said they eventually got the time refunded.

Now most of the negative reviews on Amazon are pure nonsense but many of them properly explain many issues with the game, especially in PVP. Playing on a PVP server is absolutely horrible at this point because of ganking and being camping. Being camped at spawn points is supposed to be illegal but still occurs very frequently from what i have been reading. There are many other issues such as instanced zones (only a set number of people can be in one zone at a time so many instances of the same zone can be up at one time) which makes it hard to chase gankers and at the same time play with your friends (as they might get placed into a different 'instance' zone.) There are move PVP problems from what i hear, nearly all attacks are AOE moves which means that if you are not grouped with someone, you can accidentally hit them with your attacks. This causes problems in world PVP and AoC main focus seems to be PVP as end game content has yet to be implemented and current PVE game play is not as rewarding as it could be.

I have not played the game since beta (very early beta) and i was thinking of going back but after reading a lot of this stuff i am going to hold off. Give it a few months to stop all the new MMO problems that arise and give funcom a chance to fix some of the major PVP problems. Sorry for typing so much, i was interested in the subject and i thought this might come in handy for someone else as well.

Those people giving the game one star are crazy. The game is a blast, but be aware it requires really good Specs. There are alot of little things that could be better, but overall it's a good time. If you don't love Conan, then hold off a month or wait till they enable guest passes then try to score one.

I would say hold off for now. The game is ok but still going through a lot of the growing process. If you don't have friends playing I would wait another month or so to see what patches come out. They have gone to two patches a week now so it will be interesting to see what comes out of it. So far communication in patch details leaves a lot to be desired.

Patch details today took two messages to list, while details of things left out of patch notes took one whole page and still ongoing.

short tip: play on a rp pvp server. Still have the fun of pvp, but its a little less chaotic, and people are generally not as big of douchebags. I have the game and think its a blast.

This game is pretty good. Better then wow.
Last week it was announced that the game has "shipped" 1million copies in 3 weeks time.

400k were sold on release day/week.

FYI. The more people that play your MMO the more fun it is IMO.

I will pricematch this since i ordered this game last week from amazon.com :)

THANKS OP

I was thinking of picking this up until I saw the system specs. I just barely pass the minimum. I guess it has been awhile since I last upgraded my pc. I've just been too lazy to go part shopping.

Yes for sure I would say as well if you are new to Age of Conan and unsure if you want to play I suggest you wait several months at least. The game just came out and patches are planned at least twice a week. The game is fun and don't let all the people who played in Beta tell you otherwise because the game is unstable or whatever. It was a beta and at most of the times Funcom purposely gave us bad code to play with to try and find bugs to fix.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Forget the PC version. I look forward on 360 version ;)[/quote]

I have too much pride to pay to play a game twice (unless I'm completely talking out of my arse and they finally are throwing XBL users a bone).

It's also at Best Buy for $39.99. I still haven't jumped yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Any idea if this deal will last? Or if this will be a perm. price drop. I dont have time to play a MMO at the moment, but once I do I think this will be one to try, rather than going back to WoW.

Thinking about picking it up now for later, but Im on the fence

I've been playing this game myself and it's decent but has its downsides. One thing that sucks is that its terrible on low end or even mid-range computers. Low settings actually give worse performance than high on pretty much any PC (shadows disabled and shader 2.0 with the rest default). Also it was billed as a DX10 game and it doesn't even support it yet. Some of the zones are breathtaking even in DX9, but just as many of the zones are bland and boring. Lastly there is tons of time spent running back and forth. It's great at first when you are exploring but it gets old really fast. I still haven't decided if I am going to play after the free month.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Any idea if this deal will last? Or if this will be a perm. price drop. I dont have time to play a MMO at the moment, but once I do I think this will be one to try, rather than going back to WoW.

Thinking about picking it up now for later, but Im on the fence[/quote]

I am willing to bet this deal will end on Saturday. They are just PMing Best Buy's deal.

bread's done
Back