This is getting really crazy!!!(Gamecube Component Cable Auction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:

Nice $115 profit, op.

The guy who won bought pictures of a BMW, then bought a car stereo from a BMW. Who's he trying to fool? :lol:

SWEET GOD! What the hell is wrong with Nintendo?! I walked into a Fry's today and counted 43 copies of Super Princess Peach, yet the space for Gamecube component cables was empty.

I had no idea the GC component cables went for so much on ebay. The SNES, N64 and GC all used the same composite cables... if the Revolution uses the same component cables and Nintendo starts remaking them, those bidders will be kicking themselves :lol:

Wow...

I saw these at at department store where my friends live for about $25 brand new..

Maybe I should start ebaying while I'm here in Japan?

[quote name='sonarrat']SWEET GOD! What the hell is wrong with Nintendo?! I walked into a Fry's today and counted 43 copies of Super Princess Peach, yet the space for Gamecube component cables was empty.[/QUOTE]

The component cables are ONLY sold at Nintendo.com. No B&M store in America. No Off-brands are made.

Take into account the GameCube has not been manufactored with the Component Port on the back of the Cube for the past 2 years.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Wow...

I saw these at at department store where my friends live for about $25 brand new..

Maybe I should start ebaying while I'm here in Japan?[/QUOTE]

your best bet is to buy used auto parts(steering wheels and junk like that) for next to nothing and then ebay it on the ebay auto section. evidently it is practically a sin to sell used auto parts in japan so they sell them crazy cheap.

Now this is new, the cables weren't going for nearly as much a couple of weeks ago. Pretty sad that people are willing to pay more for the cable then the system itself goes for.

Look at this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Official-Nintendo-Gamecube-Component-Cable_W0QQitemZ8263658922QQcategoryZ41040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He probably bought it straight from Nintendo the same time I did, as that's the same packaging I got mine in. I feel sorry for many of these sellers because once Twilight Princess comes out, they are going to be begging to get back their Component cables for $29.99 again. Component cables (the japanese ones) well all BIN for $50.00, no less. Now that Nintendo has stopped selling completely, it won't be going lower. Better hold on to yours, I know I am.

The last few sets of these have only gone for $71.00 plus shipping, and the set I listed has been at $61.00 with just under 3 days to go,(7 day auction). The funny thing is my set went to $61.00 the first or second night I listed them, and they have been stuck at $61.00 since. Well I do have 11 people watching the auction for them so hopfully they jump up alot in price during the last few hours.

i traded mine for a soundcard that retails $30...oh well. i only paid $18 for the cables to begin with, so i don't feel that bad. still be nice to get $70 for some stupid cables.

really though how many cube games run in the 480p resolution. i only noticed a slight picture difference when running things in non progressive using the svideo hookup.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Ill have to do some digging, I think I have 2 of these.[/QUOTE]

No, you probaly dont. These are the GREEN/BLUE/RED cables that were only available at Nintendo.com, or at a B&M store used if you were VERY VERY lucky.

[quote name='gizmogc']No, you probaly dont. These are the GREEN/BLUE/RED cables that were only available at Nintendo.com, or at a B&M store used if you were VERY VERY lucky.[/QUOTE]

AGAIN, Ill say Ill have to do some digging, I think I have 2 of these.

I guess the word THINK didnt catch youre eye. Im glad to see you know what I could and couldnt possibly have sitting somewhere.

[quote name='nintendokid']Look at this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Official-Nintendo-Gamecube-Component-Cable_W0QQitemZ8263658922QQcategoryZ41040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He probably bought it straight from Nintendo the same time I did, as that's the same packaging I got mine in. I feel sorry for many of these sellers because once Twilight Princess comes out, they are going to be begging to get back their Component cables for $29.99 again. Component cables (the japanese ones) well all BIN for $50.00, no less. Now that Nintendo has stopped selling completely, it won't be going lower. Better hold on to yours, I know I am.[/QUOTE]

WOW! I have had mine for some time now (2-3 years) and it came in the exact same packaging. I remember, because when I got it in this generic looking used EB Games bag my first reaction was, "WTF?!"

Those prices are nuts!!!

It kind of makes you wonder what a digital output Gamecube will go for in the future as HDTV increases in popularity.

I'm just glad that I've got mine already because with prices like that, that's just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back