This is living (Site now live)

NamPaehc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The site is now live and there are a ton more CRAZY ads to watch.

I've watched it a few times but I still don't get it.

It is like it was badly translated from some other language. :)

"This is living" a Playstation 3 Production 23.03.07

thisislivingif8.jpg

I notice one of the actors seems to be Clifton Collins Jr.

Pretty interesting. I don't have a clue either...but maybe a PS tv thing? Curious to find out what it's supposed to be now.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Pretty interesting. I don't have a clue either...but maybe a PS tv thing? Curious to find out what it's supposed to be now.[/QUOTE]
It's an ad for the PS3 launch in Europe. Shouldn't be too confusing, we had crying baby dolls.

Congratulations Sony on making one of the most unrelated ads to the product you're trying to sell I've ever seen.

They actually made a worse commercial than the satanic baby.

I remember a British Nintendo commercial with a topless babe lying down in the grass. I wonder if I can find it.

they've used this slogan for the European launch since early last year when they released the first PS3 Promo vid.

Marketing these days seems to be about getting a lot of people talking about your product/commericals. Be it postive comments or negative. If that is true then I think this one is a winner, at least in their eyes.

I plan on never speaking of this again. If it was a cool commercial like the Halo 3 Monday Night Football one or the Gears of War "Mad World" commercial, then I'd keep talking about it.

they'll probably reveal what it means at GDC this week. by the way, i'm sure you just stole this information off of kotaku, dtoid or some other site and didn't bother giving credit to them.

[quote name='Cloudy Wolf']they'll probably reveal what it means at GDC this week. by the way, i'm sure you just stole this information off of kotaku, dtoid or some other site and didn't bother giving credit to them.[/QUOTE]
Wow way to ignore the posts above.

Like I said before. It's the old marketing campaign for the EU. Only difference is PS3 is finally launching there.

[quote name='dastly75']They actually made a worse commercial than the satanic baby.[/QUOTE]

No, the baby is still worse

[quote name='Cloudy Wolf']they'll probably reveal what it means at GDC this week. by the way, i'm sure you just stole this information off of kotaku, dtoid or some other site and didn't bother giving credit to them.[/quote]
fuck off. I posted a PUBLIC LINK which was given to me from a friend (Which I'm sure you don't have any of to share things with you) and the fact that I picked out Clifton Collins Jr. from the ad. I linked to IMDB personally because he is one of my fav young actors and wanted to share his work so that others who might be interested in his career. >>Oh yeh, and I made that picture and uploaded it. :p

Only thing I didn't do was credit my friend- Thanks JEFF, please... don't sue me. Though I'm sure he stole the link from Kotaku becauase I'm sure Sony e-mailed them directly before anyone else with this EXCLUSIVE because they are SOOooo close right?

[quote name='Psykodelik']Pretty interesting. I don't have a clue either...but maybe a PS tv thing? Curious to find out what it's supposed to be now.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking it was for the whole online part of the ps3, it was interesting and odd though

Have you checked out the "Terms of Use" page?

Says this in part of it:
"4. Community You are entirely responsible for any text, video, audio, images, photographs or any other materials or content you provide for our sites. Please use any available community tools responsibly. In particular, do not post content that infringes the law or third party rights, or which includes activities or statements which are discriminatory, offensive, obscene or defamatory or which may cause offence to others on grounds of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, faith or disability. You should not use the community areas for any commercial purpose.
You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully transferable right to use, copy, modify, publish and display any content which you post or upload on our sites, and to incorporate it in other works. You waive any moral rights which you may have in this content.

You understand that we do not monitor all user-generated content on our sites and we are under no obligation to do so. However, we reserve the right to monitor all such content and, without notice, to edit, delete or remove any content which we deem to be inappropriate. The views expressed in the community areas are those of members of the public and are not those of SCEE, our affiliated companies, licensors or partners. If you believe that any content breaches these Terms of Use, please report to us on [email protected], or use the Alert button (if available), with details of the breach, the username of the person responsible and the area of the site where it happened."

[quote name='Cloudy Wolf']they'll probably reveal what it means at GDC this week. by the way, i'm sure you just stole this information off of kotaku, dtoid or some other site and didn't bother giving credit to them.[/quote]

Who the fuck are you?!?!?!? :roll: And why should we give a shit?!?! Do you know the amount of times taht Kotaku has stolen news stories from CAG? or even one of the other sites out there (Gamespot anyone). Not only that but these links have been proven to have been out for awhile.

Im sick of these "gaming reality" promos that PS3 is trying to run. It gets kind of annoying. I think Sony is the one encouraging us to go GTA in reality!

*heard it here first folks*

People are talking about it.

This is exactly what their marketing company wants.:whistle2:#

You just made someone get a raise.

[quote name='bo0']People are talking about it.

This is exactly what their marketing company wants.:whistle2:#

You just made someone get a raise.[/quote]

They should be fire not getting a raise. Confusing ads and ads that retain negative press aren't good.

Okay so if you can't tell, the "plan" is to have users put the videos in order. It should make some kind of sense if you figure it out... But well, it doesn't seem related to the PS3 at all.

bleh. I hate this kind of advertising. It's definetly not going to make people want a PS3.

I have a Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo (and PC) test Tomorrow.

Lol, im so scared. Its really hard acctually...

And I never realised how annoying the big 3 are. If a game was sent in for approval to Microsoft (30,000 bucks to send a game in) and say the entire game is fine, but in one part it says, "Press the A Button to jump higher!" Microsoft will deny it and the company will have to pay another 30,000 bucks to have them approve it again.

It should have been, "Press the A button to jump higher!".

:whistle2:#

bread's done
Back