This is probably the most shaq-fued up thing I've read in my life (trepanation!)

A

Apossum

Here's an interview/account of a guy who underwent trepanation--a surgery in which you drill a hole in your skull, for supposed physiological benefits, such as greater blood flow to the brain, enabling various parts to "work together." The lack of medical terminology and vagueness in the article is just half the fun.

I don't want to spoil it, because it's a long, amazing (and sickening) read, but if you just want to see his final take on the effects, scroll down to the last section.

Also, here's a gross pic warning:
there are pics that show his stitched head after the drilling, with some blood around it.

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/trepan/

I believe they used to do it to let the "evil spirits" escape.

Edit:
"Did the friend who performed this procedure have any medical background?

No. They had cut and pierced themselves and others and had experience with implants and things along those lines."

fuck that, man.

Damn, I'm a psychology major and I'm surprised to hear that this still goes on. Very interseting read though, I'll have to send this to my psych. and bio. professors haha.

Interesting read... though I must question the squeamishness of the pic. I suppose I can chalk it up to my desensitization to gore from all the "Faces of Death" videos I've seen.

[quote name='jaykrue']Interesting read... though I must question the squeamishness of the pic. I suppose I can chalk it up to my desensitization to gore from all the "Faces of Death" videos I've seen.[/QUOTE]

That would do it! :lol: but nah, I didn't find them to be bad either. the mental images the article conjured were much worse.

"Dude, I think we busted through all the way! I can see it pulsing!"

"Alright brah, I'm gonna go to my room, chill, and feel the effects!"

[quote name='Apossum']That would do it! :lol: but nah, I didn't find them to be bad either. the mental images the article conjured were much worse.

"Dude, I think we busted through all the way! I can see it pulsing!"

"Alright brah, I'm gonna go to my room, chill, and feel the effects!"[/quote]

:lol::applause:

I hope he falls asleep one night and a rat gnaws through the fleshy part of his skull and devours his brain.

Serves him right.

"I realize that we've evolved for hundreds of thousands of years but fuck it, I can improve upon nature with just one little hole!"

[quote name='Halo05']I hope he falls asleep one night and a rat gnaws through the fleshy part of his skull and devours his brain.

Serves him right.

"I realize that we've evolved for hundreds of thousands of years but fuck it, I can improve upon nature with just one little hole!"[/QUOTE]

I think he got what was coming to him-- a useless hole in his skull. at least he has bragging rights for the most ballsy piercing ever.

I just can't imagine how he was convinced to do this. I've hung out with a lot of people who are into naturopathy, home remedies, and all that-- some interesting "ideas" transmit through groups of people who are into that stuff, but this is like that whole "rebel against western medicine" ideal gone horribly wrong.

so now he's got a big area of unprotected brain. He better start wearing a helmet or he's going to accidentally hit his head on something when he bends over to tie his shoes and get brain damage.

And now everybody who gets in a fight with him knows his weakness, just poke him in the head.

[quote name='electronicmaji']How is this any different from circumcision?[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to wonder how many holes you have in your head.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm beginning to wonder how many holes you have in your head.[/quote]

Answer the question at hand. Don't attack the person who said it. Your debating and logical skills are in very poor form mon peri.

I thought the only time they did this was when you had brain damage and swelling. This guy just seems to have brrain damage.

I saw a television special on this a year or two ago.

I was thoroughly disturbed.

Circumcision does not remove a part of your body that is designed to protect another part. Furthermore, there's no concrete evidence that circumcision is unhealthy, beneficial or neutral. Experts tend to disagree on the matter.

On the other hand, gather up 20 doctors and ask them if trepanning is unhealthy. I bet I know what all 20 of them will say.

[quote name='Halo05']Circumcision does not remove a part of your body that is designed to protect another part.[/QUOTE]
It does, actually. :lol:

(The foreskin is multi-functional: One function being that it protects the penis head and glands.)

But to compare the two is complete absurdity.

Circumcision serves no purpose, and only exists because of traditions which have spawned from religious beliefs.

[quote name='Brak']

But to compare the two is complete absurdity.

[/QUOTE]

Which was more my point. Then again, he hasn't shown too many flashes of brilliance.

I think electronicmajii is the one who was agreeing with Kal123 a couple months ago about the wonderous world of magic so yeah, he's pretty off the wall.

The circumcision thing is a trade off, you do lose some protection but it comes with some bennys. Little Halo05 is easier to clean. Plus some would say it looks better without the hat. Where's lilboo when you need him?

[quote name='Halo05']I think electronicmajii is the one who was agreeing with Kal123 a couple months ago about the wonderous world of magic so yeah, he's pretty off the wall.

The circumcision thing is a trade off, you do lose some protection but it comes with some bennys. Little Halo05 is easier to clean. Plus some would say it looks better without the hat. Where's lilboo when you need him?[/QUOTE]
The only benefit of being circumcised, that I can think of, is that you'll enjoy the Kingdom of God.

Er. According to the King James version of The Bible, anyway. :whistle2:k

[quote name='electronicmaji']How is this any different from circumcision?[/QUOTE]

esss9k.gif

[quote name='Duke Vandal']:shock:

Every time I blink, that video plays back in my mind. My eyes are ultra dry right now.[/quote]

yeah...

I would say that must be fake; no one could possibly hack that much of their genitals off and live. But...the fact that it looks real scares me.

I'm trying to find it, but a woman by the name of Amanda Feilding filmed herself while she drilled a hole into her own head. She titled the film "Heartbeat In The Brain."

Yeah.

More info:
Nutjob

Feilding ran for British Parliament twice, on the platform 'Trepanation for the National Health' with the intention of drawing attention to the fact that its potential benefits should be scientifically investigated.

Enjoy your septic craniostomy, moron. I love how they did it in a bedroom- Protip: surgery is performed in a sterile OR for a reason. They mentioned using an autoclave to sterilise their equpiment, but I'm sure they used one meant for food preparation- medical ones I'm sure are much more in depth (expensive) and more involved to use. Also the level of nasties left on the equipment is much higher with a food autoclave.

fucking tools. I wsh hoping that the friend would think the dura mater of the guy's brain was part of the cranium and keep going. fucker could use a frontal lobotomy. :roll:

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']I'm trying to find it, but a woman by the name of Amanda Feilding filmed herself while she drilled a hole into her own head. She titled the film "Heartbeat In The Brain."

Yeah.

More info:
Nutjob[/quote]

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Pi yet.

Rusty I know exactly the film you mentioned. Amanda feilding did it herself with a drill gun if I am thinking of the same thing. i believe she did that in the 70's, wonder how she is feeling now? :drool:

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm surprised no one's mentioned Pi yet.[/QUOTE]

The difference being that the Pi guy did it because he was too smart. This guy did it because he didn't feel smart enough :lol:

The only smart thing the guy did was admit that he gained nothing from it after all was said and done.

I was a little surprised when he admitted that his enhanced feeling was placebo.

[quote name='Apossum']The difference being that the Pi guy did it because he was too smart. This guy did it because he didn't feel smart enough :lol: [/quote]

Heh, got me there.:lol:

Oh for fuck's sake. This guy wins the Darwin award hands down. There's just too much material to deny him that much-

"[SIZE=-1]Did the friend who performed this procedure have any medical background? [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]No. They had cut and pierced themselves and others and had experience with implants and things along those lines."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Does he even realize the reprucussions of having a migraine or a serious headache when a piece of your skull isn't around?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Possible future blunt force trauma?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]This jackass is going to have to walk around with a football helmet on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Not to mention the structural integrity of his skull is compromised because of a fracture. Your skull is the strongest bone in your body only when it's complete. When you have cracks and holes and peep-holes in your skull, you have a higher risk of hemorrhage and possible hematomas because the structure is jeapordized.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]He better not get in a fight. When he ducks to avoid a jab, his opponent might crash his hard drive.
I told my mom about this, showed her the link, she was all "What a butthead... Get it?"
[/SIZE]

[quote name='NamelessMC']
I told my mom about this, showed her the link, she was all "What a butthead... Get it?"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

nope.

but that's true about the structural integrity of his skull-- even the average normal clunk on the head (like while moving stuff out of a crawl space or something) should worry this guy.

bread's done
Back