This jackass at this local video store...

sKp05

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I went in to browse the PS1 section, because they have a fairly decent selection. They also sell when they have two copies. I found that they had 2 copies of Suikoden II. I asked how much and the guy wanted $200 for it. Is this insane? They also had Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean, and Suikoden I. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

He is a jackass cause he wants to sell a game for a high price? Ever browse the Trading forum here at CAG?

I was fully expecting you to 'rent' them and 'lose' them as many here at CAG have done before to get rare copys of games.

I'd probably sell mine for $200 and no less. Sorry, supply and demand. If it was more in supply and not so demanded, I wouldn't have paid so much for mine, and i'd sell it for less. Don't think he's a ripoff just because he's asking the price he wants.

He's a jackass because of the way he acted about it. I wanted it to complete my Suikoden collection. Not only that, it had one of those stickers that video stores put over the top of the disc. I was just mad because at that price I expect the condition to be a little better. He is sitting on quite a few valuable games. :drool: Also, he checked the prices online, but it wasn't ebay. Anyone know any other sites where you can see values like that?

The average going price on Ebay for a complete Suikoden II is about $100. The fact that this guy is charging double that amount coupled with the fact that he is selling it locally to a much smaller customer base is pretty good reason to call him a rip-off. Plus, he probably bought it from some person/liquidation for $10.

I fucking hate local businesses who think their products are pure gold because it sells for "'x' amount on Ebay." If you want Ebay prices you sell on fucking Ebay.

...So because you wanted it, and he priced it at $200, he is a jackass. Well, fuck Best Buy then! I want a new HD DVD Player, but there $500! I need it to complete my Technology collection!

[quote name='gizmogc']...So because you wanted it, and he priced it at $200, he is a jackass. Well, fuck Best Buy then! I want a new HD DVD Player, but there $500! I need it to complete my Technology collection![/quote]

He already said that...
[quote name='sKp05']He's a jackass because of the way he acted about it.[/quote]

It'd be more akin to Best Buy offering to sell their floor/open box model for $1000(twice the cost of retail) during a severe HD-DVD shortage assuming it would be in high demand.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. Yeah, it'd be a rip-off to pay that much but it must be nice to be able to rent those games out at your leisure considering how ridiculous their current market value is.

I would rent it and *lose it* but they DO have some very awesome games. I was just angry at the time I posted, I really don't care anymore.

bread's done
Back