This may be a noobish question, but... who designs these avatars?

Nephets

CAGiversary!
The avatars like these:
18529639834102cfc607542.gif

Does CheapyD design them, or who does? I've seen a good number of posters have them, and I love the art style, just wanted to say "good work" to the person who designs them.

Don't flame me.

But he does not take requests. You are too new to know this but there was a big stink about it a while back. He specifically asked people not to request avatars.

I didn't ask for a request, I just wanted to know, but thanks for clearing that up for me. I just wanted to say I like the style, and now that I think about it, what program does he use to create them?

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. I was just trying to avert a flood of requests for avatars.

I have no idea what program he uses to create them.

There is a guy from pfizer that designs warning laels that will do one for $50, but he wont show you any examples of his work though.....

Yeah, that's why I sorta made this thread too, to see what program he used and to somehow see if I could make my own.

And no, yours doesn't suck.

catacasa did my old one which really is my new one because I went back to my old one which is the one that I use now.

Confused?

I'm not sure if I should stick my head in here or not since the question was already answered, but...hi, and thanks!

They're hand drawn in pencil on scrap paper, outlined with an ultra-fine Sharpie. I scan them at 600dpi, black & white. Then I color them digitally. Pretty simple really.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I'm not sure if I should stick my head in here or not since the question was already answered, but...hi, and thanks!

They're hand drawn in pencil on scrap paper, outlined with an ultra-fine Sharpie. I scan them at 600dpi, black & white. Then I color them digitally. Pretty simple really.[/quote]

What do you not understand?! IT'S A TRAP!

Simple for you. :p

And thanks for not flaming me like a few of these people, I do love the art style, I wish I could draw, I really do, I can't even draw stick figures correctly.

[quote name='Nephets']Simple for you. :p

And thanks for not flaming me like a few of these people, I do love the art style, I wish I could draw, I really do, I can't even draw stick figures correctly.[/quote]

Nobody's flaming you, bro. Think of it as tough love.

Yeah, I just exaggerated with flaming, but, still. I guess I'm just a little sensitive about things like this.

That is why.

[quote name='Nephets']Yeah, I just exaggerated with flaming, but, still. I guess I'm just a little sensitive about things like this.

That is why.[/quote]

AHA, THE TRUTH COMES OUT! Jk, jk, :p

I like my Bankatar. I still need to get PS up and running on my comp so i can do really crappy toons using them...

I have to admit, I do like WhipSmartBanky's work. But I'm an artist too so I prefer to design my own.

EDIT: I think a good program to use in making Avatars like WhipsmartBanky is Expression 3 from Creature House. There are also a lot of other drawing programs like Coreldraw, Freehand, Illustrator but I think Expression is the best in this case. You do need artistic talent though.

I'm a GIMP user here, I used it to make my old Kakashi avatar:
imkakashi.jpg

catacasa, who does take requests, made this awesome avatar:

killbill_01.gif

But the Bankytars do rule, especially Cheapy's new one. Funny as hell.

[quote name='Nephets']Simple for you. :p

And thanks for not flaming me like a few of these people, I do love the art style, I wish I could draw, I really do, I can't even draw stick figures correctly.[/quote]

You are lucky. It is a rare day in which the Banky doesn't flame a noob (and I'm not calling you a noob. In WSB's eyes, everyone is a noob.)

And yes, his avatars are supremely awesome. Esp. considering he does them in his own free time and has never charged one red cent for them. Still though, don't dare ask him for one.

[quote name='Ledhed']You are lucky. It is a rare day in which the Banky doesn't flame a noob (and I'm not calling you a noob. In WSB's eyes, everyone is a noob.)[/quote]

Hey now...I have my days, but I think I've mellowed out a great deal! :lol:

The un-official rule he made was that if you ask, you don't get one. If you never ask, and he deems you deserving, you get a Bankytar. It helps if you become an established personality.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Hey now...I have my days, but I think I've mellowed out a great deal! :lol:[/quote]

Is that... no, it couldn't be... wait, it is... it is an emoticon... in a Banky post!!! The infamous LOL no less!

Man, I guess you have mellowed out. Are you on any presciption drugs right now or anything?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Hey now...I have my days, but I think I've mellowed out a great deal! :lol:[/quote]

Is that... no, it couldn't be... wait, it is... it is an emoticon... in a Banky post!!! The infamous LOL no less!

Man, I guess you have mellowed out. Are you on any presciption drugs right now or anything?[/quote]

Careful...I'm starting to feel the urge to light the pilot on the flamethrower. :twisted:

That's right everyone, just for future reference, remember that Banky is a HUGE FLAMER!!

:)
There, that should calm Banky right down.

[quote name='Storamin']I like your art style too, but I have to say you can't beat the Beamer emblem.[/quote]

Sure you can, a horse on a surfboard trumps em all

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The un-official rule he made was that if you ask, you don't get one. If you never ask, and he deems you deserving, you get a Bankytar. It helps if you become an established personality.[/quote]

Sneaky Penquin, I like your Avatar. Did you make that or did you get it somewhere else?

[quote name='JSweeney']That's right everyone, just for future reference, remember that Banky is a HUGE FLAMER!!

There, that should calm Banky right down.
:)[/quote]

:bomb:

bread's done
Back