This seller is a liar and a cheat. Don't trade with him unless you want to be SCAMMED

[quote name='BOUNCIN PENGUIN']Hey is there anyway you will take Fable II off my hands , for my Microsoft Points . :applause: . It has the game manual , case , and obviously the disc . It very little noticeable scratches . I could send it to you , if you wanna see the quality . I would rate at 4/5 Stars.[/QUOTE]

I will for 1600 ms points...the op is a "scammer" as some have stated and he is under investigation.

DANIEL STERN
132 HAMMES AVE
JOLIET, IL 60436 (815) 725-2418

DANIEL STERN
916 LILAC LN
JOLIET, IL 60435 (815) 854-2970

Cross-checking info from here(Joliet, IL) and his myspace(Danny Stern) on www.zabasearch.com gives those two addresses and phone numbers.

I'd suggest people who got scammed start calling. :)

[quote name='dabamus']DANIEL STERN
132 HAMMES AVE
JOLIET, IL 60436 (815) 725-2418

DANIEL STERN
916 LILAC LN
JOLIET, IL 60435 (815) 854-2970

Cross-checking info from here(Joliet, IL) and his myspace(Danny Stern) on www.zabasearch.com gives those two addresses and phone numbers.

I'd suggest people who got scammed start calling. :)[/QUOTE]

Daniel Stern? I loved that guy in the Home Alone movies and as the voice of Dilbert. Sad to see that he has been accused of being a scammer. :cry:

For what its worth, I ordered a 12+1 month xbox live membership and a points card right before all the investigation and he has delivered on the subscription so far. I know dealing with cash through the mail is nerve racking, probably the last time i'll ever do it, and its been a lot longer than I expected (I was expecting a 4-5 day turn around tops) but I don't think he'll leave everyone high and dry. Anyway, moral of the story is this guy has partially delivered on my order, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now

Shouldn't this be a sticky? I see other bad trade type things up there with less people involved and it seems this guy has a whole lot more people he may have ripped off. Good luck to everyone recovering your money.

[quote name='blissskr']Shouldn't this be a sticky? I see other bad trade type things up there with less people involved and it seems this guy has a whole lot more people he may have ripped off. Good luck to everyone recovering your money.[/QUOTE]

If you send concealed cash there's no way to get that back since its at your own risk.

[quote name='King Royalty']If you send concealed cash there's no way to get that back since its at your own risk.[/QUOTE]

As true as that may be it still should be stickied like the other bad trader threads, a lot of money was involved .

After many attempts he finally contacted me.

He accused me of bandwagon jumping (which given the situation is funny as I went looking to contact him and when the PMs failed, I searched for the thread).

From the sounds of things I'm SOL, but I have record of him confirming receipt of payment, so I have something if I need to contact authorities.

Two more of the codes that he sent me (which I verified as working originally) came back as being redeemed, so once again it seems he did sell multiple copies of the same codes to people. Such a shame :( I'm out quite a bit of money now. Smurf, what gives?

What gives?This guy seriously hasn't been banned?How many people do you have to screw to actually receive a Ban from this site honestly...............

[quote name='Quintox']I am out 1 12month code as well. others worked but looks like he sold the one I saved for my brother.[/QUOTE]

This is the same situation I had. I got 6 codes. 3 I used immediately, the other 3 I sat on. I went to use them and they were gone. I imagine he checked to see what was valid/not when trying to sell codes and gave the codes to someone else.

When I contacted him, he told me that I was bandwagoning (funny, I went to contact him first to ask what the issue was and THEN found the thread when his PM box was full, etc.). He basically told me that *I* was trying to rip him off and he owed me nothing.

Not a single one of the codes that were valid before in the "after payment" batch were valid when I tried to use them. When they were tested they were valid after he sent them.

Go figure.

I will be contacting the local police for sure.

[quote name='Quintox']I am out 1 12month code as well. others worked but looks like he sold the one I saved for my brother.[/QUOTE]

This is the same situation I had. I got 6 codes. 3 I used immediately, the other 3 I sat on. I went to use them and they were gone. I imagine he checked to see what was valid/not when trying to sell codes and gave the codes to someone else.

When I contacted him, he told me that I was bandwagoning (funny, I went to contact him first to ask what the issue was and THEN found the thread when his PM box was full, etc.). He basically told me that *I* was trying to rip him off and he owed me nothing.

Not a single one of the codes that were valid before in the "after payment" batch were valid when I tried to use them. When they were tested they were valid after he sent them.

Go figure.

I will be contacting the local police for sure.

MrNEWZ, the same thing happened to me. I'm out 4 XBL card codes and one 1600 points card code as well. I think it's been long enough now (more than two months) since I paid and still no working codes and no contact from Smurf directly. Are you contacting YOUR local police or his? Please let me know. I haven't made this type of report before. I kept my stub for my Money Order just in case (I had sent it out right when things started getting questionably dark on this thread). Thanks in advance!

That sucks. Goomba/news. I always redeem my points card as soon as I get it. I'm kind of paranoid like that. I'm sure he gave out the points, and sold the exact same ones to someone else. I hope you at least get your money back or something for the trouble.

For those looking to find him, he is SMURFALMIGHTY on Xbox Live. He signs on regularly.

Goomba - Contacting HIS. I have his name, address, confirmation that he received the money and then the codes that were already claimed. Unless he had the information/cash sent to a friends house, he did give a physical address and not a PO Box.

[quote name='360 l33t sauce']i've received no reply, no codes (2 4000pts), and no refund as of yet. been almost 2 months.[/QUOTE]

money sent end of July, nothing received. on August 16 he promised i'd have my codes by Sept 2. no emails since then, no instant message replies etc. This is apparently a thief.

Thank god I didnt scammed by this guy..... it was seriously sketchy sending cash in the mail but I did it anyways. Never again.

worked with this guy before, you got any more deals on heavy orders? i'm willing to get a lot of points if i get a better deal than the single orders

[quote name='BigChiefSmokem']worked with this guy before, you got any more deals on heavy orders? i'm willing to get a lot of points if i get a better deal than the single orders[/QUOTE]

Read OP, he's a scammer.

Did anyone call the local police? We need to give them the link to this thread.

I didn't call the local police as I never had to make a claim for online fraud before. I'm really tempted to now though as it's obvious we're not getting our money back. I really have no respect for scammers. I just don't know how they can live with themselves.

[quote name='goomba478']I didn't call the local police as I never had to make a claim for online fraud before. I'm really tempted to now though as it's obvious we're not getting our money back. I really have no respect for scammers. I just don't know how they can live with themselves.[/QUOTE]

Goomba - I believe you and I had similar issues. We probably need to converse to contact the authorities

SmurfALMIGHTY - I see you logged on to CAG this morning after nearly two months. I've been quite civil about the whole situation. Do you have an update for us? Taking the link down in your profile to this thread isn't a very reassuring sign, though.

[quote name='gar3']SmurfALMIGHTY - I see you logged on to CAG this morning after nearly two months. I've been quite civil about the whole situation. Do you have an update for us? Taking the link down in your profile to this thread isn't a very reassuring sign, though.[/QUOTE]

I still want my 4 4000 point cards, or the cash I paid for them.

Same here man, I still have some Xbox Live subs you owe me as well as the points card you promised. It's been MONTHS now man. Please come forward with the items you owe me or send the equivalent amount of money back to me. At this point it's seriously too long, and I personally consider it theft at this point. Please do the right thing.

johnny, I think think that maybe a Mod edited it with the "BACK TO SCAM" heading. Personally I think it should be changed to: "This seller is a liar and a cheat. Don't trade with him unless you want to be SCAMMED". That's more fitting.

[quote name='gar3']SmurfALMIGHTY - I see you logged on to CAG this morning after nearly two months. I've been quite civil about the whole situation. Do you have an update for us? Taking the link down in your profile to this thread isn't a very reassuring sign, though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I still want my 4 4000 point cards, or the cash I paid for them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='goomba478']Same here man, I still have some Xbox Live subs you owe me as well as the points card you promised. It's been MONTHS now man. Please come forward with the items you owe me or send the equivalent amount of money back to me. At this point it's seriously too long, and I personally consider it theft at this point. Please do the right thing.[/QUOTE]
He can't see anything in the Trading Forum while he's in TTO. I suggest people PM him to try and get in touch with him, though, IMO, it's not going to do any good.

[quote name='goomba478']johnny, I think think that maybe a Mod edited it with the "BACK TO SCAM" heading. Personally I think it should be changed to: "This seller is a liar and a cheat. Don't trade with him unless you want to be SCAMMED". That's more fitting.[/QUOTE]Done.

Shrike, you sir are excellent. I like that you took my suggestion verbatim :) nicely done. Hopefully CAGs will get that message =P Much appreciated!

bread's done
Back