Those who have Elite Beat Agents: Meh Update 6-14-07

PocariSweat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
On the front of your cart does it say: "NTR-AOSE-USA"?

On the back of mine there is a sticker that is covered up says:

"NOT FOR RESALE

DEMO GPK ONLY

PROPERTY OF NINTENDO

:_________

|||||||BARCODE|||||||||||||||

[quote name='PocariSweat']On the front of your cart does it say: "NTR-AOSE-USA"?

On the back of mine there is a sticker that is covered up says:

"NOT FOR RESALE

DEMO GPK ONLY

PROPERTY OF NINTENDO

:_________

|||||||BARCODE|||||||||||||||

Thanks for the info and advice. I'm not too fond of my local EBgames so I'll be contacting Nintendo, I wonder what they will have to say?

I'm wondering if this demo version is even complete?

BUSTED!

[quote name='PocariSweat']Thanks for the info and advice. I'm not too fond of my local EBgames so I'll be contacting Nintendo, I wonder what they will have to say?

I'm wondering if this demo version is even complete?

BUSTED!

[/quote]
is that a dreamcast comforter? if so, nice!

call nintendo though, shame on them for selling it.:bouncy:

Hell, my Warioware 1 cart says Not For Resale clearly on the sticker on the front.

I'm keeping it. Warioware rules.

I think Demo GPK means demo game pack. Play some modes, see if it's the full game. If it is, it's a copy Nintendo gave to store managers. If it's not, it's a demo. Either way, it shouldn't have been sold. You should still see what the big N has to say about it.

there are several kinds of 'demo packs' for ds...

some of them are limited play, true demo versions. others are full versions marked as demos because they were sent out for in-store kiosks. and, as Scorch said, sometimes they're full versions sent out to store employees, industry people, whatever, and just marked as demos as a way to distinguish them from regular release copies.

the game's product code is the same as regular retail versions, and those screenshots don't say anything of the pack being a demo, so you have the full version, it seems. likely either something an employee received for free and traded back in, or pulled from the kiosk and traded back.

you're fine to keep it. there's really no difference between that and the regular retail copies, other than a sticker on the back. but, rather than drawing attention to the matter by ratting the store out to nintendo... if you're really concerned, you should try hitting ebay. collectors might be willing to pay for a 'demo' version, even if it's the full game. they don't go for nearly as much as the actual demos do, but it's worth a shot.

If it was the demo from the actual demo kiosk, you'd know... I remember downloading that one myself, and it was *super* short... I think it lasted about 30 seconds!

Let us know if you contact Nintendo, I'm curious about what they'd do/say.

We got one of those for Meteos (demo, not for resale, etc) and returned it, even though it was the full game. Mostly we returned it because we wanted a complete copy with instructions, though.

EB's resale practices are so freakin' sketchy. It's one thing if they're selling demo copies as demo copies (not allowed by Nintendo, but whatever), but EB doesn't care WHO gives them money for it. I'm surprised they don't raid competitors garbage cans for junked discs, "clean" them with their solvents, knock $3 off full retail, and put them out for sale.

Oh wait, they do.

Sorry about the late reply but I wanted to give the respective parties ample time to reply.

I called Nintendo. The CS rep sounded like he just woke up. It was like talking to this guy:
waitwhat.jpg

He said something to the effect:
"Just return to the place of purchase and they should remedy it..." he didn't sound concerned at all, kind of like meh. "...or just keep it" he finished.
So I say ok and hang up. o_O

I take a side trip to GameCrazy or Gamelazy as I like to call it. I went to try a regular copy of EBA to discern whether or not it is a complete copy. I explained what happened to the employee and she says that incidentS like that happened at that store also. o_O

I emailed EBgames corporate. I make it obvious that I am displeased with their shoddy practices. I had an issue before with them selling me a used game as new and I don't mean a gutted copy either. I tried to participate in the class action lawsuit against them. They apologized profusely and offered to replace EBA. But I'm keeping it.

The District Manager for EB emails me a day or two later asking for my phone number , wishing to speak but I fear they might ask me to return the cart. So I won't take her up on the offer.

I also emailed Nintendo's legal wing. They didn't reply. I guess they don't care. I hope this means they won't interfere if I auction it. ;)

So this ends the rather uneventful odyssey of the demo cart that made it to store shelves that should have never been.

In an ironic summary:

Nintendo == Doesn't give a crap.

EBgames == Does give a crap

so in theory...
you're at an impasse.

have you tried playing through the version? does it appear as a demo.
i know that all our old managers got copies that had that on them but the whole "demo" thing was just like putting a full version of the game in the demo systems....
if that makes sense.

[quote name='PocariSweat'] They apologized profusely and offered to replace EBA. But I'm keeping it.

The District Manager for EB emails me a day or two later asking for my phone number , wishing to speak but I fear they might ask me to return the cart. So I won't take her up on the offer.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like EB is trying to give you some service or do the right thing but you aren't participating. (Not that I'm defending them, but what did you want from them? They offer to replace it and the DM is going to talk to you personally. what else is there?)

[quote name='Backlash']Sounds like EB is trying to give you some service or do the right thing but you aren't participating. (Not that I'm defending them, but what did you want from them? They offer to replace it and the DM is going to talk to you personally. what else is there?)[/quote]

Also, since Nintendo doesn't appear to care, I'd take EB up on a replacement offer if you're worried that the demo may not be the full game before EB realizes Nintendo doesn't give a rip. They may not be so apologetic in the future if they get wind of Nintendo's non-response attitude.

By this point, I'd say eBay it. Store demos for games usually tend to sell well due to collectors who'll grab anything, even if it's the same game but with a different label.

bread's done
Back