Thought this was kind of funny, Hastings will pay you $10 to buy Tony Hawk 8!

DarthPuma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Was just at hastings, and saw Tony Hawk's Project 8 new for PS3 for -10.01 after 30 dollar Mail in Rebate. No experience with there rebates, but I imagine they're legit.

Other cheap games I saw:
Blue Dragon (new) 9.99 after MIR
Stranglehold 360 (new) 9.99 after MIR
Devil May Cry 4 360 (new) 19.99 after MIR

There were a bunch more, that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Also saw Wayne Gretzky NHL PSP for 2.99, no rebate required. :lol:

[quote name='DarthPuma']Was just at hastings, and saw Tony Hawk's Project 8 new for PS3 for -10.01 after 30 dollar Mail in Rebate. No experience with there rebates, but I imagine they're legit.

Other cheap games I saw:
Blue Dragon (new) 9.99 after MIR
Stranglehold 360 (new) 9.99 after MIR
Devil May Cry 4 360 (new) 19.99 after MIR

There were a bunch more, that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Also saw Wayne Gretzky NHL PSP for 2.99, no rebate required. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Except statistically, the number of people who actually mail in those rebate forms is relatively small, even if they intend to do it and calculate it in their purchase. As such, the retailer ends up making money. Fry's used to do that all the time with items that were basically free after rebate, but by playing the odds, they made tons of money due to people forgetting to send in the receipt and forms.

[quote name='bojay1997']Except statistically, the number of people who actually mail in those rebate forms is relatively small, even if they intend to do it and calculate it in their purchase. As such, the retailer ends up making money. Fry's used to do that all the time with items that were basically free after rebate, but by playing the odds, they made tons of money due to people forgetting to send in the receipt and forms.[/quote]

I actually never knew that. I guess it makes sense though.

Is Blue Dragon worth the ten spot? I may just have to get it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Except statistically, the number of people who actually mail in those rebate forms is relatively small, even if they intend to do it and calculate it in their purchase. As such, the retailer ends up making money. Fry's used to do that all the time with items that were basically free after rebate, but by playing the odds, they made tons of money due to people forgetting to send in the receipt and forms.[/quote]

Even if you did, sometimes they won't give you the rebate. This is the reason I will never buy anything from Fry's with their rebates. If the rebate is from the product companies, I have no problems.

fuck Fry's!

they had the same thing for Alien Syndrome on PSP

Hastings literally takes three months to get rebate checks back to you

This is the same garbage that FYE does. It's been about 2 years already but I never received about 5 different rebates, even though I got an email saying that it had been processed.

It's actually like 90% of people who either don't turn in the rebate on time, or don't fill it out correctly.

Most places don't even tell you that you filled it out wrong, they just ignore it and you forget about it eventually.

I've had many rebates go into limbo because of things like "missing UPC" as the status even though they were indeed included.

If it's been 8 weeks since you've sent any rebate and haven't heard anything regarding the status (assuming you gave them a valid E-mail address), you should make a phone call to them.

I've done many rebates from all kinds of places, from FYE to eMachines/Best Buy to Walgreens to CompUSA. About 20% of the time I have to make one follow-up call to let them know that I really did send it in and really do want my rebate :)

Key to never getting ripped off: staple everything you're sending to a single piece of paper so it's not loose in the envelope, then make a scan/photocopy of what you're sending them to keep as a reference until you receive your rebate. Don't be afraid of the rebate system as long as your willing to follow up if needed.

bread's done
Back