Thoughts on Lost In Blue

rlse9

CAGiversary!
I'm still debating Lost In Blue. It sounds like the kind of game I'd like (I'm a big Harvest Moon fan and Animal Crossing fan) but the reviews of the game were so-so. Still, the game interests me. And with the Toys R Us coupon and the Best Buy coupon (I know they have a copy of it, not sure about TRU), this week may be my best chance at picking up a copy for less than $30.

So, I'd like to hear opinions on the game from anyone who has it. Is it a worthwhile purchase, do you agree with what reviewers have said about the game, any thoughts at all about the game would be welcome.

I really have enjoyed the game, i still never figured out the mechanic to make furniture. I tried and tried and tried but was never able to make a piece of furniture. I dont know what i was doing wrong.

The constant having to stock up on food, water, and firewood grows a little tiresome cause it seems to difficult at first. But once you progress your female campaion begins to be able to take better care of herself and you can go and do more exploring.

My girlfriend likes the idea of it, but finds it tough. She's not an uber gamer, so it can get downright frustrating for her (I think she has trouble keeping an eye on all those stat indicators, and figuring out how to manage them).

She does like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing (AC takes up all her gaming time right now) bunches. I imagine she'll come back to Lost In Blue, but once Harvest Moon DS comes out, it'll probably grab most of her attention. She LOVES Harvest Moon - More Friends of Mineral Town. More challenge and "peril" than Animal Crossing, but not so much so that it becomes unfun for her.

-HM

I really enjoyed the game. At first it is a bit tedious figuring out where to gather what but overtime as you build new items and make better foods/etc the game gets a lot easier. I really enjoyed the game and would reccomend it if you liked the ones you listed.

Pros:
Many diff endings based on diff actions
addictive
excellent replay value
graphics/sounds were entertaining.

Cons:
Tedious at times
addictive
touch pad might not stand up to jabs when spear fishing lol

[quote name='onetrackmind']I really have enjoyed the game, i still never figured out the mechanic to make furniture. I tried and tried and tried but was never able to make a piece of furniture. I dont know what i was doing wrong.[/quote]

man, i was the same way. i just couldn't figure out what i was doing until wrong until it just clicked. for it to register your action on the screen, you have to lift the stylus off the screen after doing the action and before the card hits the ground.

after i started doing it this way, i've made furniture flawlessly.

[quote name='dyreschlock']man, i was the same way. i just couldn't figure out what i was doing until wrong until it just clicked. for it to register your action on the screen, you have to lift the stylus off the screen after doing the action and before the card hits the ground.

after i started doing it this way, i've made furniture flawlessly.[/QUote]

dude i cant thank you enough for that! Looks like ill be playing LIB again very shortly!

not a problem ^_^. i was damn frustrated with the exact same thing. you'd think they'd tell you this sort of thing in the instruction booklet or EVER faqs. :/

yeah.. i finally picked it up for $25 the other day at a used store. it's pretty slick, though it would've been an excellent buy for $20.

Well, after reading other peoples' opinions, I think I'm going to get myself the one copy Best Buy has for $27 with the 10% off coupon. It seems like the kind of game I'd like which is why I was a little disappointed that the reviews of the game were so-so but most people here seem to think highly of the game, so it's worth getting I do believe. Thanks for all of your opinions.

Well, you've hopefully read what I thought about it. I do like the title. If it is not your bag, you can always resell it as it reaches a fair value often.

Definitely worth investing yourself in. Be aware, like most growth games the beginning will be the most difficult challenge to overcome.

bread's done
Back