Thoughts on Xbox Live Spring Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ighosty

CAGiversary!
What are the CAGs thoughts about the new xbox live update? Is anyone really going to use the Windows messanger function? Is anyone going to buy the keyboard attachment that you can purchase for the controller?

This update turned out as they all have since I bought the system at launch. They talk about the cool features, I await the release with curiosity, and when the day comes, I update, play around with the new features for a couple of minutes, forget about it, and get back to playing games.

I like the update, but most of the new features I won't even use. Still, I appreciate the semi-annual updates, and always look forward to them, because most of the time some annoying things get fixed. Perhaps the BEST feature is the disc-in-tray display. I would have been happy with just them showing what game is in the drive, but they added a little window that shows my achievements too. Nice touch that I wasn't expecting.

meh. there's still some functionality that needs to be smoothed out regarding the dash, loading of friends lists, and the guide button. instead they opted to add a new marketplace blade. guess that's where their priorities lay.

Since I dont use windows messenger, its nice I can use my xbox as a way to let me know when some of my friends who are MSN only pop on. Otherwise, the highlight for me is a centralised marketplace blade and the upgraded achievement unlocked thing.

I like how it says what the achievement was and how much it was worth apart from that I don't really care about it, but then I haven't cared about any of the other ones either.

The update seemed to fix the d-pad use in text messaging for me. Also the guide button seems alot quicker when popping up for me as well. Probably just some minor stuff that people don't notice. Otherwise, too bad I don't use messenger nor have a VGA display.

I don't like it.

My console seems to take longer to boot up, it definitely takes longer for my friend's list to show up, the Marketplace tab wasn't necessary and they killed my Japanese account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back