thread of old PC games

Frostbittenwolf

CAG Veteran
i grew up playing the old pc games. i was wondering what some of the favorites out there were. some of mine

Decent
Duke Nukem
Commander Keen
Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis
Crystal Caves
wolfenstein
Wacky Wheels
...most of the old Aprogee games. :cool:

Heres some of my favs to play as a kid: (as you can see, I was on the FPS bandwagon between 93-96)

Dune: Building of a Dynasty
Star Wars Chess (ruled)
Strife
Doom & Doom II
Heretic
Wolfenstein & Spear of Destiny
One Must Fall 2097
Rise of the Triad
Warcraft
Starcraft
Quarantine
Duke Nukem 3d
Duke Nukem & Duke Nukem II
Shadow Warrior
7th Guest
Leisure Suit Larry
Zork
The list keeps going, pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rainbow Six 1 was a classic to me. Unlike many people, I actually dug the whole tactical planning phase.

Oh, and the Thief games. The level making community is still going strong with them.

Here I go

Doom & Doom II
Heretic
Hexen
Wolfenstein & Spear of Destiny
One Must Fall 2097
Rise of the Triad
Warcraft
Duke Nukem 3d
Duke Nukem & Duke Nukem II
Halloween Harry
Shadow Warrior (You soap Lo Wang?!)
Zork
Dark Forces I and II (II is still one of my favorite games)

Oh boy oh boy. Here's my list:

Wolfenstein
Wing Commander I & II
Privateer
Doom I & II
Duke Nukem 3d
Sim City
Sea Rogue
X-Wing
TIE Fighter

i used to play Quake 2 all night long on the internet.. it was a great time.. i had great fun..

i loved the following games equally

xwing vs tie fighter
kings quest 1-7
dark sun
doom
day of the tenticle
any of the fish aquarium games
Sim City 2000
a lot of early flash/java games .. one i remember being a Skiing game

While I wouldn't wanna play them anymore, I did play a lot of Apogee games, but just the shareware versions... I was a punk kid, I couldn't pay dat money.

Favorites around 1995 when my fam got a computer:

Lode Runner: The Legend Returns
Mega Man X
Earthworm Jim
King's Quest VI
3D Ultra Pinball
Rise of the Triad
Wolfenstein 3D (and Spear of Destiny)

[quote name='urzishra14']i used to play Quake 2 all night long on the internet.. it was a great time.. i had great fun..

i loved the following games equally

xwing vs tie fighter
kings quest 1-7
dark sun
doom
day of the tenticle
any of the fish aquarium games
Sim City 2000
a lot of early flash/java games .. one i remember being a Skiing game[/quote]

i totally forgot to put down xwing vs tiefighter...i loved playing that game. Lucas arts used to put out some bad ass games back in the day. Sam and max and day of the tentacle. good stuff

i love my old pc games. here are my favorites.

crusader no remorse - loved setting office workers on fire.

x-com: ufo defense - my older cousin introduced me to this one, for that i am forever thankful. one of the best game experiences ever.

command and conquer - i remember getting a head-rush the first time is sent like 6 medium tanks to take on the enemy, at the time i had never experienced anything like it.

x-wing/tie fighter series - same cousin introduced me to this game. these game did everything right.

sim city 2000 - i remember leaving this game running while i went to school(disasters turned off) and coming home to a budget surplus of hundreds of millions of dollars. more money for arcos :)

these are just a few of the games that made pc gaming so great back in the day. i have so many great memories tied to these games.

Warcraft 2
Starcraft
Diablo
Tie Fighter - Possibly my favorite computer game ever
Mechwarrior 2
Duke Nukem 3d
Blood
Shadow Warrior
Baldurs Gate - Contending with Tie Fighter as my favorite computer game ever

tons more... Someday I need to dig my old Pentium MMX 233 MhZ beast from 1997 out of my parents basement and see what's wrong with it. I think the monitor was dying when it finally got put out to pasture.

Skyroads
Epic Pinball
Commander Keen (all of them!)
Fury 3 and Terminal Velocity
Bio Menace

and the best free game of all time: Chex's Quest 1 and 2

I didn't play alot of PC games as a kid but I remember playing Mixed-Up Mother Goose. Anyone else play this?

MotherGoose_WomanShoe_SCI.jpg

Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, and Doom were pretty good.

Although, I think my favorite game was how many animated gifs can I fit onto a web page. I loved that game.

I was/am a big fan of the Sierra On-Line adventure series (Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest... )

Front Page Sports Football, great.

SimCity

Detriot

Scorched Earth / Tanks

Hardball 3, Tony LaRussa Baseball

There's plenty of old games I loved, and plenty great ones I missed out on. I still want to build an old gaming PC (Dosbox just doesn't cut it for me) to enjoy all the games I missed out on. (Many of them which I already have!)

Most of the old Sims games (like Simant, Simtower, etc.)
Full Throttle
Age of Empires
Jazz Jackrabbit
There are tons more, but I can't remember them :(.

[quote name='Rodimus']I didn't play alot of PC games as a kid but I remember playing Mixed-Up Mother Goose. Anyone else play this?

MotherGoose_WomanShoe_SCI.jpg
[/quote]

double you tee eff...?

PS the original TRIBES!!! And Space quest 4

space-quest-4-1.jpg

Red Storm Rising
Dark Forces - The game I bought a CD Rom drive to play
And that FPS from 3DO (I think) on the PC where you were an archangel....you had both Good and Evil powers and you could pick up weapons.....the best part you could press a button and slow down time, run up and pump a guy with this futuristic shotgun and watch him fly in slow motion. Forget the name now but it was awesome fun back in the day (and yeah, nobody played it then either).

Great games that nobody ever played...that one and VietCong......great FPS's that most people missed out on.

Battle Chess, Warcraft 2, Doom, Wolfenstein, and everyone's favorite tale of dying of dysentery, Oregon Trail. Oh and the Ultima series.

Blood +exps
Descent +exps
Keen
Shadow Warrior
Redneck
Diablo +exps
Starcraft +exps
Total Annihilation +exps
Duke
Quake +exps
Hexen +exps
Heretic +exps
STRIFE
Heroes of Might and Magic 2..3..4..5
SimFarm
TA:Kingdoms +exps
bomberman
Undying

Gah, I was just at my parents house but I was too distracted to look for my old computer. Not that I have any place to put it at my house but I could've at least turned it on and seen if it still worked.

bread's done
Back