Thread XXXV - An honest & sincere letter to all Fighting Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayo check THIS out:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KvTc4h0G5tE[/media]

Anji is the bottom tier of AC (all his matchups hover between 4 and 5 out of 10). Look at the first match of this video, 100% tension combo... o_O

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfd_z4w5YGg[/media]

check out the combo Axl does in round 3!!! air counter to combo, forcebreak to bomber loop, rensen frc, 63214S, relaunch. damn!!!!

anyway I still suck at this game!!! well... I dont suck, jus doods are hella better than me... oh and I suck too.

but I spent $6 today playing these 3 doods at the arcade (coz only 3 doods & me showed up for the tournament, lol... so it didnt happen) and lost every match but one!!!

a quarter per credit, that's 1/25 winning odds for me -_-

still... the dood who plays May forcebreak me FOUR TIMES in a single combo... then he did it on sum other dood. it's so embarrassing, lol

ayo check THIS out:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWrJyF0aNtY[/media]

by popular demand, I remember x-men vs sf.

that game was hella broken!! I used to do that cyclops shyt ALL DAY!

[quote name='JEKKI']
by popular demand, I remember x-men vs sf.

that game was hella broken!! I used to do that cyclops shyt ALL DAY![/QUOTE]

I love that game. As broken as it is with all the infinites, it's a lot of fun.

Sabretooth was the shit.

wow... not having internet for roughly a week sucks ass... reason why my posting has been minimal... >_< probably wont get to see replies till tomorrow in class.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Did anyone else get these? I got some cards for some KOF & SamSho Card Battle game. I didn't request them or anything, they just showed up. I'm asuming they're a free gift to make up for that SNK vs Capcom CF glitch. Here's a few pics, boobs everywhere...:

^^ Sorry, I know it's blurry, but deal with it. It's funny cause I was expecting skate today for the 360, so from work I call my wife and ask if I got something in the mail. She said I did so I asked her to open it up and tell me if it's skate. She opens it and says,

Her: "It's a bunch of cards of girls with big boobs."
(pause)
Me: "What? it's not a game? I didn't buy those?"
Her: "okay........"
Me: "Seriously!"[/QUOTE]

It's from Ultimate Fighting System, a TCG featuring various fighting games and Penny Arcade (yes, Penny Arcade).

It's pretty good, but it doesn't really capture the feel of fighting games. There was a TCG game that did, featuring Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter & Tekken, but that game is long since dead.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']It's from Ultimate Fighting System, a TCG featuring various fighting games and Penny Arcade (yes, Penny Arcade).

It's pretty good, but it doesn't really capture the feel of fighting games. There was a TCG game that did, featuring Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter & Tekken, but that game is long since dead.[/QUOTE]

yeah, epic battles was the game. it was more fast-paced, but it did sorta feel more like an elaborate version of the card game war. you're on point about ufs though, it played a little too slow to be reminiscent of a fighting game.

i had a crapload of street fighter epic battles cards.. i think i could build a full set twice over, but the game died when they lost the street fighter license to the people who make ufs. i ended up ditching them to ebay. last i saw, 2 comic-con's ago, they were going to make a darkstalkers expansion for epic battles but i have no idea where they are with that one. it was at that comic-con that i bought a booster box of the tekken expansion.. and regretted the purchase after i opened all the packs. doh.

The ppl that did the Epic sets gave me a bunch of boosters/decks for some promotions and I was like, wtf is this stuff... then I was like... OOO... Tekken cards, YOINK...

[quote name='MarkMan']The ppl that did the Epic sets gave me a bunch of boosters/decks for some promotions and I was like, wtf is this stuff... then I was like... OOO... Tekken cards, YOINK...[/quote]
I picked up two starter decks (Jin and Nina) for cheap at a local store.

It seemed to have T5.0's balance because Nina outclassed Jin in every way. :lol:

So KOFXI comes out next week, eh? at $15, there's no reason not to get it. :)

[quote name='Apossum']So KOFXI comes out next week, eh? at $15, there's no reason not to get it. :)[/QUOTE]

and with duck king back, there's even more reason TO get it!

[quote name='kristianator']and with duck king back, there's even more reason TO get it![/QUOTE]

You win!!!!

150px-Duckking.jpg

[quote name='gunm']Cool, my accent core PS2 came in today.[/QUOTE]

I hope you enjoy it.

Whoa, I'm suddenly awash in new (well, for me) fighting games: Melty Blood LE and Arcana Heart arrived today! They sent me the Arcana soundtrack CD, too, which is nice even though I hear it's actually annoying. S'ok, free is good and bonuses help with resell, if it ever comes to that. :p

I want my capcom news now :(

Anyone looking for a PS3 in here? 20 GB console, pretty much literally brand new. Played for however long it takes to play through Resistance and Ninja Gaiden Sigma (about 30 hours probably). 2 Sixaxis controllers, Superman Returns on Blu-Ray, and 6 full version games already downloaded onto it (Tekken D. Resurrection, Calling All Cars!, Blast Factor, fLow, Mortal Kombat 2 and Super Stardust HD). Looking for ~ 415. Let me know, as you guys have first dibs.

Also it comes with the box, all literature, composite cables, plug etc...

Edit: Also let me know if you're one of the regulars and are interested, as for you guys the price may be negotiable.

No, not today. Wednesday.

And Melty Blood PC is great! Fast action, responsive controls. As reported before, it works fine with my HRAP2 and the Pelican converter.

Didn't get a chance to play Arcana yet, but I might try to fire it up before I go to sleep in just a little bit.

still hate having no internet... god this sucks.

anyway, I didn't realize KoFXI was out next week... must have.

as for my internet-less weekend I went to a local Gameworks arcade after finally remembering that they are now owned by SEGA... wow... fuck wow... they had a fewe house of the dead 4 machines and those things have huge ass HDTVs... bigger than some cars I've seen.

The best damn thing was that I got to play a game I thought I'd never get to play in my lifetime and I say this thing is a fighting game even if you don't beleive me: Too Spicy... wow, it's fucking raw as hell.. yes a bit buggy and total crap in terms of story but fresh as hell...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AF0KR-crvw[/media]

if you play on versus it's definity a fighter... with lightguns... or whatever the fuck... plus the visuals rock.

Cool deal, RR. I think you posted about 2 Spicy in one of the old threads some time back too--gratz you got to try it out!

[quote name='jimfoley16']1 year older today...

Think I'll celebrate by playing Street Fighter EX and X-men vs. Street Figther.[/QUOTE]

bb-5.jpg

;)

as for 2spicy, I actually not only tried it but got some versus matches going as well as bat the game... versus mode rocks.

sega06.jpg

[quote name='jimfoley16']1 year older today...

Think I'll celebrate by playing Street Fighter EX and X-men vs. Street Figther.[/quote]

I was 1 year older on Sunday.

My wife got me a Live Ultimate Gold Pack and an Elite Play and Charge Kit.

I haven't gotten my friend's present yet and have no idea what it could be.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I guess this is the Capcom news?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181070.html

Looks LAME. Why the hell does the character look so corny.[/QUOTE]

to be fair, he was always corny:
bionic.jpg

:lol: I love how they gave characters "shades" in NES games when they were too lazy to make eye sprites.

Happy B-day.

I think the timer's still counting down for more news. We have tomorrow and then Thursday/Friday for more info that hopefully won't be as meh as Bionic Commando (which I can see turning out badly...Final Fight Streetwise anyone?).

I have a funny feeling it won't get that much better though. :p

That's just one of the capcom announcements...

The other one is later today.

Then the final one on Wed.

It goes in this order.. Big > Huge > Megaton

lol.

[quote name='MarkMan']That's just one of the capcom announcements...

The other one is later today.

Then the final one on Wed.

It goes in this order.. Big > Huge > Megaton

lol.[/quote]
I hope they're some sort of US PS2/any region PS3 new fighting game announcements :D

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yea, the MEGATON one is 9 AM PST, tomm.[/QUOTE]

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3!!! Capcom Vs. SNK 3!!! Capcom Fighting Evolution 2??

Actually, it's probably the big 4 everyone's waiting for.
Street Fighter EX 4

okay so, brian dunn from capcom said:

"everyone at Capcom knows all the fans are extremely anxious for a NEW SF game, believe me. That's about all I can say about that..."

there are some people on srk unconfirmed but claiming to know they know industry insiders who say it's a fighting game.. possibly a new street fighter. others who "know someone on the inside" can't say anything at all except that we won't be disappointed. there's one guy who "knows someone" and guarantees it's a new street fighter, and he was the one everyone was shitting on when he claimed that vf5 would go online, and no one believed him when he was right.

all i can say is, if this is just all a countdown to gameplay footage or a demo of the new hd street fighter, then that would hardly be a megaton bomb. as always, i'm really hopeful, but i get this nagging feeling that it's gonna be something really stupid. like an announcement for the street fighter movie. an anthology would be OKAY, but still not megaton. i thought alpha anthology was pretty exciting upon first hearing about it, but that shit got shelved in a couple weeks of play.

isn't the whole street fighter production team gone? didn't the last guy leave when cfj came out? if there was a new street fighter, would it even be any good?

the countdown is now at one more day, but seth killian left a somewhat grim response on the megaton thread in srk.. in response to someone guessing that "it's a countdown timer for another, real, countdown timer." he says "Probably the closest guess so far." hopefully they were joking. capcom sure does like to stroke itself for hype, but the problem is that it rarely busts its nut accordingly.

Happy Birthday Jim!!!

I'm glad I have not been excited about Capcom's upcoming "Megaton" announcement. We'll see tomorrow if all the hype was worth getting excited over.

Happy Birthday Jim!

Picked up Gulity Geat Accent Core. First Guilty Gear game.
I'll be trying out all the characters and find my favourite.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, guys. I honestly appreciate them.

Let's hope the Capcom "megaton" announcement doesn't disappoint, then it will be a truly awesome birthday. I think I might blow off my Thursday & Friday classes to go home early and just hang out and do some gaming. I feel like going home and hanging out with my friends and family.

Good idea. My buddy is in town so I'm takin' Friday and Monday off for a nice gaming and possibly movie weekend (Hawaii Internation Film Fest starts same time, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back