Thrustmaster a Good wavebird Alternative?

My Circuit City had one in stock this evening for $19.99. Was considering picking this up for the buttom mapping feature but decided to wait for some CAG opinions first.

Still, for anyone looking around for one B&M I'd try circuit city.

[quote name='tankexmortis']I'd heartily recommend it if you need the button mapping feature or don't have a CC.[/QUOTE]
in fact, im going to go buy it on saturday. Seems like a nice investment(especially since BRAWL is coming out).

I had a lot of trouble playing Melee with it since I was so used to the GC controller, but it worked just fine, so if you can do a bit of re-learning then it's not a bad idea. IMO the analog sticks on the GC controller are in the perfect place for Smash though.

Glad I got it though, if only to finally have a fourth GC controller.

[quote name='dmunkee']My Circuit City had one in stock this evening for $19.99. Was considering picking this up for the buttom mapping feature but decided to wait for some CAG opinions first.

Still, for anyone looking around for one B&M I'd try circuit city.[/quote]

Mine had 2 today as well.

I decided to bite and picked it up since I was at Circuit City for 20% off Advance Wars anyway. Haven't got to mess around with it too much but I have to say I'm pleased so far.

I tested it with Metal Slug Anthology and mapped the analog controls to the d-pad, and it worked flawlessly :)

[quote name='dmunkee']I decided to bite and picked it up since I was at Circuit City for 20% off Advance Wars anyway. Haven't got to mess around with it too much but I have to say I'm pleased so far.

I tested it with Metal Slug Anthology and mapped the analog controls to the d-pad, and it worked flawlessly :)[/QUOTE]
how does the mapping work. Like, how do you switch buttons? Do you just click the map button, click the button you wanna switch, and then click the button you wanna switch it to?

[quote name='blackbird3216']how does the mapping work. Like, how do you switch buttons? Do you just click the map button, click the button you wanna switch, and then click the button you wanna switch it to?[/quote]

That's excatly how you do it actually. Just keep doing it for whatever buttons that you want to map. Any mapping resets to its defaults when you switch off the controller or unplug it from the console.

I bought two of these from Dell recently, thinking they could provide me with not having to buy two Nintendo controllers. Boy, was I wrong... I downloaded and starting playing Mario World (SNES) last night. In order to controller the character, you have to use the controller pad plus the left D pad. Basicallly holding the left hand side of this small controller with two hands!!! Also, the button mapping is nice and easy, but you have to do it EVERYTIME you turn off the controller (which is after every session since the thing needs to be manually turned off). It becomes very annoying very quickly. I'm going to give this one more shot on Mario Kart 64, and I may have to shell out additional money for the nintendo controller as well... argh!!!! :(. Overall, I can't recommend this thing. I'll post more tomorrow if I get a chance to play tonight again with 2nd impressions.

[quote name='kneijst1']I bought two of these from Dell recently, thinking they could provide me with not having to buy two Nintendo controllers. Boy, was I wrong... I downloaded and starting playing Mario World (SNES) last night. In order to controller the character, you have to use the controller pad plus the left D pad. Basicallly holding the left hand side of this small controller with two hands!!![/quote]

I love this controller. I haven't played Mario World, but Mario 3 is nothing like that. And, I've played Breath of Fire II, another SNES game, and the controls aren't anything like that either.

I take back what I said yesterday. Somehow the buttons must have been remapped, causing everything to play ackwardly. I played Super Mario World and Mario Kart 64 and both were a blast with this controller!

bread's done
Back