THUG 2 Soundtrack Announced

[quote name='Ledhed']Awesome. RHCP, Stooges, Ween, Fear, even Joy Division![/quote]

Yes, I was very surprised to see a Joy Division song there. But very happy too.

Wow, there's some good stuff on there... Glad to see Jimmy Eat World... Violent Femmes are always good... Damn, I was gonna try and hold out on this one, but I may have to pick it up... Why does it have to come out the same day as MK: Deception???

Frank Sinatra - "That's Life"
The Doors - "Break on Through (To the Other Side)"
Johnny Cash - "Ring of Fire"
Ramones - "Rock 'N Roll High School"
Sugarhill Gang - "Rappers Delight"
Metallica - "Whiplash"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "The Power of Equality"
The Stooges - "1970"
X - "Los Angeles"
Violent Femmes - "Add It Up"
The D.O.C. - "Whirlwind Pyramid"
Jimmy Eat World - "Pain"
Rancid - "Fall Back Down"
The Explosion - "Here I Am"
Melvins - "Sweet Willy Rollbar"
Distillers - "Beat Your Heart Out"
Less Than Jake - "That's Why They Call It a Union"
Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"
Ween - "It's Gonna Be a Long Night"
Joy Division - "Warsaw"
Dead Boys - "Sonic Reducer"
Brand Nubian - "Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down"
Cut Chemist - "Drums of Fire"
The Germs - "Lexicon Devil"
Disturbed - "Liberate"
The Living End - "End of the World"
Fear - "I Love Livin In The City"
Audio Two - "Top Billin"
Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth - "Soul Brother #1"
Das Oath - "Awesome R***"
Libretto - "Volume"
Handsome Boy Modeling School - "Holy Calamity"
Zeke - "Long Train Running"
Lamb of God - "Black Label"
3 Inches of Blood - "Deadly Sinners"
The Hiss - "Back on the Radio"
25 Ta Life - "Over the Years"
Nebula - "So It Goes"
Aesop Rock - "No Jumper Cables"
Living Legends - "Night Prowler"
Atmosphere - "Trying to Find a Balance"
Suicide Machines - "High Anxiety"
The Casualties - "Unknown Soldier"
Diverse - "Certified"
Ultramagnetic MC's - "Ego Trippin"
Camaros - "Cheesecake"
Steele Pulse - "Born Fe Rebel"
Ministry - "No W"
Grand Puba - "I Like It"
Operatic - "Interested in Madness"
Mike V & the Rats - "Never Give Up"
Dead End Road - "Sin City"
Melbeatz feat. Kool Savas - "Grind On"

A few good ones, but they seem out of place (The Doors, Sinatra, Cash)

My cousin will kill himself if he finds out Ring of Fire is in there. He HATES that song.

Aside from the Ramones, Metallica and RHCP tracks, it looks like I'll once again be using my custom soundtrack.

So, what's a four letter word that starts with R and is censored?

Remember when "Ring of Fire" was in a Microsoft games commercial? Way way back when they did Fury3 and Close Combat.

Sounds like a good mix. EA could learn a lot from them.

[quote name='Scorch']My cousin will kill himself if he finds out Ring of Fire is in there. He HATES that song.

Aside from the Ramones, Metallica and RHCP tracks, it looks like I'll once again be using my custom soundtrack.

So, what's a four letter word that starts with R and is censored?[/quote]

Rape. I looked it up on All Music Guide, and the song is called "Awesome Rape". Sounds lovely. :?

[quote name='Rozz']Cool, a Rancid song. Too bad I heard it a million times.[/quote]

So? I've heard the RHCP and the Fear song more times than I care to count, but I'm still psyched.

tony hawk soundtracks sure have gone downhill fast since thps1+2...

nice to see the melvins on the list tho, too bad ps2 has no custom soundtracks =o\

Anyone pick it up? I heard it's more or less "Jackass" featuring Tony Hawk.. negative vibes from all corners..

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone pick it up? I heard it's more or less "Jackass" featuring Tony Hawk.. negative vibes from all corners..[/quote]

I'm waiting to get it for $20 at EB during the sale this weekend, but from what I'd read, it sounds like it'll still be pretty good, although not a big improvement over THUG 1. But for $20, I'm almost sure it will be worth it.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Scorch']Anyone pick it up? I heard it's more or less "Jackass" featuring Tony Hawk.. negative vibes from all corners..[/quote]

I'm waiting to get it for $20 at EB during the sale this weekend, but from what I'd read, it sounds like it'll still be pretty good, although not a big improvement over THUG 1. But for $20, I'm almost sure it will be worth it.[/quote]

Uh, you realize that that's with the trade-in of 2 select PS2, XB or GC games, right?

[quote name='Scorch']My cousin will kill himself if he finds out Ring of Fire is in there. He HATES that song.

So, what's a four letter word that starts with R and is censored?[/quote]

I dont know why most of you are raving about the soundtrack...I think 3's was alot better...I agree with scorch but I will add FNM and Less Than Jake and The Doors and rancid to that list...It would be nice to see alot of old punk on their DK,Clash,Misfits and some others...but owell...on a side note...Jimmy Eat World totally kills the whole soundtrack...any real punk or someone who aprecciates punk would never like them...or Blink or any other "punk/emo/pop" band...oh and some AFI (old) would be nice...maybe a hint of Operation Ivy????

Best soundtracks for THPS- 2 and 3...RATM,Rancid,NOFX,Ramones, and many other good songs

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Scorch']Anyone pick it up? I heard it's more or less "Jackass" featuring Tony Hawk.. negative vibes from all corners..[/quote]

I'm waiting to get it for $20 at EB during the sale this weekend, but from what I'd read, it sounds like it'll still be pretty good, although not a big improvement over THUG 1. But for $20, I'm almost sure it will be worth it.[/quote]

Uh, you realize that that's with the trade-in of 2 select PS2, XB or GC games, right?[/quote]

Of course, but I have a couple of games lying around that I can easily part with that aren't on the exclusion list, and wouldn't be worth very much trade-in anyway.

There isn't an exclusion list. The link that's being passed around the forum is usually for the Halo 2 deal. There's no set thing, the list varies from deal to deal. But you can try it.

I'm just going to go to Rhino tomorrow and trade in Driv3r and Riddick. It'll get me a free copy of THUG2. (If you trade in two games that are worth $12 trade-in or more, you get a free game)

[quote name='Scorch']There isn't an exclusion list. The link that's being passed around the forum is usually for the Halo 2 deal. There's no set thing, the list varies from deal to deal. But you can try it.

I'm just going to go to Rhino tomorrow and trade in Driv3r and Riddick. It'll get me a free copy of THUG2. (If you trade in two games that are worth $12 trade-in or more, you get a free game)[/quote]

So...the exclusion list on the EB website doesn't apply here? Does anyone know what is excluded then?

[quote name='Scorch']It may or may not apply, but that exclusion list isn't a universal list.[/quote]

Ah. I may use my Target rain check on THUG after all.

bread's done
Back