thug 2 wont load

iamarhinoceros

CAGiversary!
I have been playing THUG 2 for a couple weeks without a problem but now it wont load at all saying the disk is dirty or an invalid disc, netither of which is the case. I have a unmodified xbox and a store bought THUG 2. weird things is that all other games load and play fine. Anyone know what the problem could be ?

Sounds like your Xbox DVD drive is dying. Do a search on here and you'll find quite a few threads/people with your same problem.

this seems to be kind of like the dre's. it starts out with one game and then the list grows larger and larger as you go on with using it.

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']if that ever happens when im playing san andres.

i will smash my PS2 and then post pics of it!!!!![/quote]

You're like a violent cam-whore. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']if that ever happens when im playing san andres.

i will smash my PS2 and then post pics of it!!!!![/quote]

You're like a violent cam-whore. :lol:[/quote]

proud of it

I got that sometimes a while back, but nothing for a good amount of time now *knocks on wood*.

A quick eject of the game disc fixed it for me.

this has never happened during game play, only intermittently at bootup and now i cannot boot into thug 2 at all. just called msft. they said to try deleting all saved games, get a new copy of the game or get a new xbox. not very good options.

Easy, each drive looks different. You can find a picture of the Thompson Drive on line. If you have the Thompson Drive you are screwed. If you are no longer under warranty and the problem is getting worse than you may need to change out the drive itself. Not as hard as it sounds. Google "Thompson Drive for X Box" this is what I did. I found a picture that showed the 3 kinds of drives. I got lucky but my roommate had the Thompson. You'll see that Dirty Disk screen more and more. Best thing is, when he sent it to Microsoft to get fixed, he got another busted ass Thompson Drive back.

Either way, you'll work it out. PM me if you can't figure it out. I'll look for the pic if you can't find it and send you the link.

bread's done
Back