Thumb stylus?

noodles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was at CC yesterday picking up one of the neoprene socks for my DSL, and saw a stylus pack that contained a "thumb stylus". Looked like it had a velcro strap for your thumb, with a plastic cap with a nub on the end for making inputs on the touch pad. Has anyone tried this thing? The pack (3 styli and the thumb rig) was only $5, iirc, and I was curious if this thing might make my being a lefty a bit easier in Metroid Prime: Hunters.

I have Hori screen protectors on, but my other question was whether anyone had any experience or heard any horror stories as far as this cap/nub tearing up a touchscreen.

The official Nintendo thumb strab that was attached to the original US DS's wrist strap worked very well for what it was meant for. It's a smooth surface that lets you glide the whirl of your thumb on the screen without smudging it, which makes thing a little easier in some games. I personally never used it for Metroid Prime: Hunters, but it did help some for Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (a highly underrated game, which still doesn't come close to matching the devine perfection of the original Gamecube title, but I digress). It helps, and it may make things even easier to not be tethered to the system. It also doesn't scratch any more than a regular stylus unless you put extra pressure on your thumb. Hope this helps.

The original DS included a thumbpad stylus. The DS Lite, even in Japan, discontinued this practice. I'm guessing it was because many people seemed to be scratching their displays excessively using it, probably because people don't use their thumbs lightly compared to a stylus.

bread's done
Back