THumbs down for FOX network family guy

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
anyone watch the 4 family guy last night on fox.

that blows that fox edited the shows and took certain words out of the shows .. lol fox thinks its bad and they cant say these words but they think its okay shooting someone in the back of the head ( see 24)

although the preview for american dad looked funny (when they shot the toast)

but if fox is going to edit family guy i would rather it stay on cartoon then fox

They also edited the fourth tarot card. The cards were representing world destructions causes, and the original was a picture of George W Bush. Fox edited it to be Jerry Springer. Needless to say, Fox should lose their rights. Give it back to Adult Swim, they won't edit.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone watch the 4 family guy last night on fox.

that blows that fox edited the shows and took certain words out of the shows .. lol fox thinks its bad and they cant say these words but they think its okay shooting someone in the back of the head ( see 24)

x[/quote]

If memory serves me, Jack shooting Chappelle in the back of the head was shown at a wide angle, so it wasn't as graphic as it could have been.

I hate Janet Jackson. She ruined it for the rest of us just to promote her stupid crappy album.

And Justin Timberlake too! That rat bastard was in on the whole thing at the Superbowl. I dont care what he said. He's about as innocent as a Malaysian hooker.

[quote name='guessed']I'm surprised some of the stuff (like the chin gag) stayed in. I'd rather them show it edited than not show it at all.[/quote]

exactly

I missed Family Guy on Fox last night because I was playing my TRU games, but Im disapointed to hear that they were edited. However, from what I hear the new episodes of Family Guy will air on Fox and then a few days latter air on cartoon network, which I hope is true.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']They also edited the fourth tarot card. The cards were representing world destructions causes, and the original was a picture of George W Bush. Fox edited it to be Jerry Springer. Needless to say, Fox should lose their rights. Give it back to Adult Swim, they won't edit.[/quote]

AGREED'D

I hope that the editing of the show won't hurt it to much when they bring it back to Fox, so it won't lose itss installed user base and again the show won't have new episodes. I'm going to get them on DVD anyway, so i don't know if it will matter too much to me. I missed the American Dad commercial, are they having another 4 episodes today?

Oh boo hoo, they're censoring it.

You all should be thankful that they are even making new episodes of it at all. Besides, once these episodes make it to adult swim and/or DVD you'll have more reason to watch them over and over.

Just don't boycott it on FOX unless you really want it cancelled again, because that is the only thing you'll get out of that.

[quote name='the_gloaming']Oh boo hoo, they're censoring it.

You all should be thankful that they are even making new episodes of it at all. Besides, once these episodes make it to adult swim and/or DVD you'll have more reason to watch them over and over.

Just don't boycott it on FOX unless you really want it cancelled again, because that is the only thing you'll get out of that.[/quote]

You have a good point, but there was absolutely no reason for changing the tarot card. It's one thing to clean up the language etc., but the card is no more offensive than any political joke supporting either end of the spectrum.

Stewie makes me roll every time, though I noticed in the ending credits that one of the characters is voiced by Seth Green, is that the same one from Knockaround Guys or another one and what character does he voice if it is?

[quote name='bob_the_goon'][quote name='the_gloaming']Oh boo hoo, they're censoring it.

Just don't boycott it on FOX unless you really want it cancelled again, because that is the only thing you'll get out of that.[/quote]

You have a good point, but there was absolutely no reason for changing the tarot card. It's one thing to clean up the language etc., but the card is no more offensive than any political joke supporting either end of the spectrum.[/quote]

They probably changed the card because Rupert Murdoch (owner of Fox) is a hardline Republican and supports Bush. Check out the DVD of Outfoxed.

Yes, Rupert Murdoch personally screened the episode and made them change it when he saw the Bush card. He stood over the animators with a whip and spiked mace until he was satisfied they had made the appropriate changes. :roll:

The reason why it was canceled and moved was because it was sued so many times.

It's Bullshit, on Pen and Tellers Bullshit they taked about how freedom of speech is gone because of the FCC and during it they had a religious nut going...

"James Bond kills, but he never swears."

So it's ok to murder and kill like crazy, but please don't swear.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']No kidding, that is crazy sounds nothing like him. Wonder how he got into that being such a big name movie star.[/quote]

Seth Green was in Austin Powers before he voiced Chris in FG. I'm surprised you never heard of him.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Yes, Rupert Murdoch personally screened the episode and made them change it when he saw the Bush card. He stood over the animators with a whip and spiked mace until he was satisfied they had made the appropriate changes. :roll:[/quote]

Oh he did really? Were you one of the animators to know that?

edit: i was just stating a probably hypothetical. if you wanna be sarcastic, i guess you are more than welcome to.

[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='PsyClerk']Yes, Rupert Murdoch personally screened the episode and made them change it when he saw the Bush card. He stood over the animators with a whip and spiked mace until he was satisfied they had made the appropriate changes. :roll:[/quote]

Oh he did really? Were you one of the animators to know that?

edit: i was just stating a probably hypothetical. if you wanna be sarcastic, i guess you are more than welcome to.[/quote]

I do wonder why the image was changed, though. There must be a reason...

[quote name='Arakias']if you wanna be sarcastic, i guess you are more than welcome to.[/quote]

*looks at own title*
*looks back at post*

If we ever have a 'best line posted on CAG' contest, you win.

[quote name='captainofindustry']The edited Bryan saying dump, what the shaq-fu is that shit.[/quote]

Wow. I hadn't seen that one before; I just assumed he was saying shit and it was always bleeped out. That sucks.

[quote name='Xevious']I hate Janet Jackson. She ruined it for the rest of us just to promote her stupid crappy album.

And Justin Timberlake too! That rat bastard was in on the whole thing at the Superbowl. I dont care what he said. He's about as innocent as a Malaysian hooker.[/quote]

Don't blame Janet. Blame how shitty this politically correct country is becoming. Blame Soccer Moms, blame FCC, blame religious fanatics. Blame the people who want to take your rights away.

Supporting this show supports their actions. I'll buy it on DVD or watch it on CN - not here.

It was stupid for Fox to edit even minor words from the show. That's why they have those ratings at the beginning of every show! People don't have to watch what they will be offended by.

Why does the creator of FG even want to air the episodes on FOX if they're going to be edited? I'd rather have them on an unedited channel if it were my show...

He wants them on FOX because it will be viewed by a lot more people on a Primetime Network spot as opposed to late night on some cartoon cable channel. He also needs it to promote his new American Dad show.

is it just me or does american dad look just like a clone of family guy
lol

both be cancelled within 6 months and back to cartoon channel they go

fox shouldnt be able to air it they cancelled it in the first place and the only reason they want it back is now everyone is watching it .

fox will ruin it just like a lot of other shows

[quote name='goldengraham']He wants them on FOX because it will be viewed by a lot more people on a Primetime Network spot as opposed to late night on some cartoon cable channel. He also needs it to promote his new American Dad show.[/quote]

I doubt he even has a choice. Fox loves to screw creators both they own or don't their own property (See Simpsons vs. Futurama.) I'm guessing that, as an animator with no clout, he (Seth McFarlane) signed away all rights to his creation early on. I wonder if he made any money off of the DVD sales or the Cartoon Network and recent TBS syndications. Anyone know?

I'd rather see no new Family Guy episodes than a watered down Family Guy. At least that would give him more time on American Dad (which does seem like a watered down clone of FG anyway) or another show altogether where he'd have carte blanche *RUN to Adult Swim, McFarlane!*

Somewhat related, did any of you guys catch the Adult Swim related stuff Seth McFarlane has been doing (the week of favorite episodes a few weeks ago)? That was great!

The best is the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode where he plays Wayne "The Brain" McClane, the trivia master with a ridiculous sized head.

bread's done
Back