Tiger Direct deals

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm contemplating picking up a new computer from TigerDirect.ca right now to take advantage of $1.99 shipping. Does anyone know if they generally have extremely good boxing day/week deals or would it be in my best interest just to pick up a computer now?

I know that a lot of stuff goes on big time sale after Boxing week; February and March since retailers want to move as much stuff as possible before the end of the fiscal year. But $1.99 shipping for a whole computer...you can't ship a game for that much these days. I haven't seen any amazingly crazy boxing day/week sales on computers that I don't see throughout the year.

NEVER buy ANYTHING from tigerdirect. they're based in the states, so any warranty that it supposed to come with your product is null and void. Also say hello to stupidly huge customs charges.

[quote name='Nukkus']NEVER buy ANYTHING from tigerdirect. they're based in the states, so any warranty that it supposed to come with your product is null and void. Also say hello to stupidly huge customs charges.[/quote]

This sounds exaggerated.

Warranty coverage varies according to manufacturer. Perhaps it's more likely with larger companies, but I've seen lots of international/US+Canada warranty policies. Just check with the company providing the warranty to play it certain, and determine if Tiger Direct is an authorized reseller for their product.

Customs charges should not exist. The site's footer explicitly states "All prices in Canadian dollars. No additional duties or fees." I know I've ordered products from them before and had no issue. They do charge sales tax according to your province.

If you need to return an item they have a Canadian warehouse stationed in Markham.

Tigerdirect.ca stuff comes from Canada. I just ordered some components from them, and they shipped from Canada. The laptop I'm typing on right now came from Tigerdirect, though it was a pickup from the Markham location.

If you do plan on buying anything from in-store though, do yourself a favor and call first. They have no online stock checking feature because-- well, I dunno, becuase they're using the 1996 Internet? Often what's on the website isn't in store.

That being said, if you've done your homework and the computer you want is a good one, go ahead and order. Your warranty will be fine.

I bought a TV from them and it came from Canada, and I didn't have to pay anything extra for it when it arrived.

bread's done
Back