Tiger Woods 07, Left Handed.

mattstockton12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've went through all the options I can find and I can't seem to find anything that will let me switch my golfer to left-handed. Don't tell me they made this big of an oversight in making this game. Anyone have the answer? Considering returning the game.

This must/cannot be true! I was actually looking forward to this someday, but please don't tell me they're just screwing sinister southpaws on the Wii like many DS games have done! Someone please say this is a lie.

it's probably only available if you make your own character. if a real life person in the game isnt' left handed then they probably wouldn't let you make them left handed...that's a guess.

From what i've heard and read, it's true. You can't switch. A friend of mine was complaining because he's left handed and he had to play with his right hand.

//edit: Now I just read that you can select left or right handed when making a person.

Yeah I finally found it. I had to create a new character, you can't change once you get past the first character creation screen. This kind of sucks though because I can't play as Tiger since he is right handed. My backswing registers as a front swing. I guess I can always turn the controller so that my thumb is on the B button, but that is hardly comfortable. I don't understand how they could make such a big oversight, even Wii Sports makes it simple to be left handed.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Yeah I finally found it. I had to create a new character, you can't change once you get past the first character creation screen. This kind of sucks though because I can't play as Tiger since he is right handed. My backswing registers as a front swing. I guess I can always turn the controller so that my thumb is on the B button, but that is hardly comfortable. I don't understand how they could make such a big oversight, even Wii Sports makes it simple to be left handed.[/quote]You forgot who made this game, if EA actually cared about us gamers they wouldn't make this game then release 08 in the fall which probably will be better. Although I am not left handed I am wondering why EA didn't go true left handed I mean warioware does, Wii sports does, and I feel bad for all the left handed people out there.

At least you can make a left-handed golfer.

In Super Swing Golf, you can't even do that! >.<

(I'm left-handed, and I was pissed!)

I hate to argue for the sake of arguing, but I think you can just swing as a lefty. You don't have to change any settings. i.e. If you use Tiger, he will swing right handed even if you swing lefty.

Unless I misunderstood your question, and you mean can you switch the characters and not nessecarily the controls.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You forgot who made this game, if EA actually cared about us gamers they wouldn't make this game then release 08 in the fall which probably will be better. Although I am not left handed I am wondering why EA didn't go true left handed I mean warioware does, Wii sports does, and I feel bad for all the left handed people out there.[/quote]

This is completely off the point of anything. Tiger Woods does NOT hit left handed. Why would they put that in the game. If you want someone who hits lefty, find a lefty golfer or make one. Simple as that.

[quote name='Nomar1245']I hate to argue for the sake of arguing, but I think you can just swing as a lefty. You don't have to change any settings. i.e. If you use Tiger, he will swing right handed even if you swing lefty.

Unless I misunderstood your question, and you mean can you switch the characters and not nessecarily the controls.[/quote]

You can swing left handed with a right handed golfer, but half the time the game thinks you are swinging forward when you do your back swing.

This is completely off the point of anything. Tiger Woods does NOT hit left handed. Why would they put that in the game. If you want someone who hits lefty, find a lefty golfer or make one. Simple as that.

Some of us left-handers would like to play as more than the 10% of left handed golfers without switching our dominant hand. Who cares if Tiger isn't left-handed, make him right handed by default and give me the option to change it if I want to.

[quote name='mattstockton12']You can swing left handed with a right handed golfer, but half the time the game thinks you are swinging forward when you do your back swing.

Some of us left-handers would like to play as more than the 10% of left handed golfers without switching our dominant hand. Who cares if Tiger isn't left-handed, make him right handed by default and give me the option to change it if I want to.[/quote]

When do you stop though? Are you going to expect these companies to have all left handed hitters be able to switch to righties just so I can "hit" as them? I hit right-handed, Barry Bonds doesn't. Am I going to expect them to flip him around so I can "hit" as him? No.

[quote name='schuerm26']When do you stop though? Are you going to expect these companies to have all left handed hitters be able to switch to righties just so I can "hit" as them? I hit right-handed, Barry Bonds doesn't. Am I going to expect them to flip him around so I can "hit" as him? No.[/quote]

Then you are going to find batting with him awkward and uncomfortable. This wasn't a problem before the Wii but now it is. There is no reason I can't play lefty with whatever character I want to. Just make it an option I can switch in the menu.

Wait, what? You can't swing lefty in super-swing golf now? I can understand EA's decision here, but for the love of all that's good and holy there are left handers in the world people, time to start showing them some love in the game setups.

[quote name='schuerm26']This is completely off the point of anything. Tiger Woods does NOT hit left handed. Why would they put that in the game. If you want someone who hits lefty, find a lefty golfer or make one. Simple as that.[/quote]

So basically you're saying that EA shouldn't put ANYTHING unrealistic in their games to accomodate gamers?

Therefore, Madden, NBA Live, and NHL 07 shouldn't allow you to play any games that take under 3 hours to complete, because that does NOT happen in real life.

See how ridiculous that is? Your comment falls into the exact same category. It's a VIDEO GAME, not real life.

[quote name='Plinko']So basically you're saying that EA shouldn't put ANYTHING unrealistic in their games to accomodate gamers?

[/quote]

Wrong, they have accomodated gamers. You CAN hit left handed. Asking them to go in and make the major stars go in and be able to do things such as hit from both sides of the plate, throw with both arms, or whatever is just ridiculous and a really petty gripe.

bread's done
Back