Tim Brown

WarrenGekko

CAGiversary!
Tim Brown went on record last night saying that Tampa is not a football town and the fans know nothing about football.
I take great offense to that as Tampa is a huge football city. The Bolts won the NHL Stanely Cup and still the biggest news was that the Bucs were about to start the season soon (AND THE Bucs SUCK).

Oakland knew what they were doing getting rid of Tim Brown. I think that the Bucs organization are the ones the don't know about football by picking Tim Brown up in the first place.
He has done NOTHING this year

That sucks, but Gruden is running that team into the ground, man they need to get rid of him or the GM.

M. Clayton>T. Brown

We dont need you Brown, we got Galloway and Clayton, go retire and collect your AARP benefits

Galloway, are you serious that guy is a freakin China Doll. Touch him once and he breaks.

[quote name='vrs1650']Galloway, are you serious that guy is a freakin China Doll. Touch him once and he breaks.[/quote]

Dallas gave up two #1 draft picks to get him, and he was a bum. He has no moves, can't run a good route, has subpar hands. The only thing he ever had was speed, and now he's getting older so he will be losing that soon, too.

IMO, Keyshawn is a much better receiver.

Yes, the Bucs suck this year but Tim Brown has been spending a lot of time mentoring Michael Clayton who has been having a pretty good rookie season. I am originally from Michigan and the fans here are kind of stupid. But, hey, it's 76 degrees here right now.

[quote name='MGoBlue']Yes, the Bucs suck this year but Tim Brown has been spending a lot of time mentoring Michael Clayton who has been having a pretty good rookie season. I am originally from Michigan and the fans here are kind of stupid. But, hey, it's 76 degrees here right now.[/quote]

I lived in Atlanta before Tampa and trust me the people here love the Bucs. And the Bolts had a great season this past year and it was incredible to see that. Nobody really knew hockey when the season started but during the playoffs, those were the hottest tickets in town. They are household names now.

In Atlanta, the Braves would go (and still go) to the playoffs every year and no one goes those games. Until Vick, no one could name the mascot for the football team. And the Hawks... forget it.

So Tim Brown's assessment was way off. He should stick to mentoring and stop pretending he knows a city he has only been in for a month.
He bashed Oakland when he left there.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='vrs1650']Galloway, are you serious that guy is a freakin China Doll. Touch him once and he breaks.[/quote]

not where sying touchs him :lol:
IKIK[/quote]

Im going to get you back for that. :lol:

Michael Clayton should be in the running for Rookie of the Year.

Rothlessburger doesn't throw much, its back to the run in Pits
Kolbert, not a gamebreaker, hes ok i guess
R Willams good start but plagued with injuries
S Springs, good player but negated because the team sucks... a lot

prob pack and philly are the only real football towns
and who wants to hear wisconsin dontcha knoww accents they r gay
so that leaves philly
and our fans r vicious

Roethlisberger almost guaranteed will win the rookie of the year honors, even if the rest of the team is mostly responsible. The guy set a NFL record for most consecutive wins without a loss as a rookie QB, and the league is just hyping him up. It would take an awfully big screw up on his part to lose the rookie of the year honor, but hey it could happen. As for the best fans in the NFL being Philly and Green Bay, every Steeler game since the mid 1970s has been sold out. Additionally there is a waiting list that extends into the next decade to get tickets so while I don't know about Philly's fan base, I can say that Pittsburgh fans are definately up at the top when it comes to being obsessed with their team.

[quote name='cag1000']prob pack and philly are the only real football towns
so that leaves philly
and our fans r vicious[/quote]

Please don't get me started on Philly and its piece of shit fans. I'm not saying you're necessarily a piece of shit, just the vast majority of Philly fans are pieces of shit.

What are you basing this so called "only real football towns" on? I hope it's not Super Bowls because Philly would certainly not make the list.

If you wanna really talk about "football towns," then you have to include Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and several others. I give you Green Bay. They have great fans, but don't even get me started on Philly.

Do they have a good team this season? Of course they do. Hell, I even picked them to go to the Super Bowl before the season even started, but until they can actually make it to the Super Bowl and win, they will always just be a decent team.

[quote name='cag1000']prob pack and philly are the only real football towns
so that leaves philly
and our fans r vicious[/quote]

I live in Wisconsin and I've never heard anyone say dontcha know.

Thanks for the Chicago Props even though we suck!

Lets hope Jeff George can at least throw a pass to a receiver.

Unlike the crap we have now since Grossman went down.

I almost forgot Tim Brown and Jerry Rice need to retire enough already.

The Eagles are not even going to make it out of the NFC. Atlanta or Carolina is going to take them out.

Everyone may laugh at Carolina, but if they get anyone back on ofense, they are going to go somewhere in the playoffs. Peppers is a beast, and Delhomme is awesome

[quote name='flybrione']Thanks for the Chicago Props even though we suck!

I almost forgot Tim Brown and Jerry Rice need to retire enough already.[/quote]

For some reason, I've liked Jeff George ever since I was a kid. The man has a cannon for an arm and he's not that old at 34 or 35.

But your guy's real worries should be Chad Hutchinson since he will be your starter. George is third on the depth chart right now.

Hutch showed a few things in Dallas, but he's fumble prone, has no pocket presence and is still really green. He couldn't even hang in NFL Europe, so that should cause you guys to worry.

all the commentators say eagles have the best fans and philly is a real football town and how we really know our stuff its common knowledge.
no matter what anyone says we have the best. and all anyone says is how philly lost 3 nfc champs in a row, well we r 100% making it to the nfc champ this year so thats 4 in a row. why? well best record in the nfc will give homefield and a first round bye. so 1 win at home and we r in the nfc champ 4th in a row. who else has done that? not many. we are a different type of dynasty. and nfc champ game dynasty who needs the corny superbowl. we have dominated the nfc for 4 years

[quote name='cag1000']all the commentators say eagles have the best fans and philly is a real football town and how we really know our stuff its common knowledge.
no matter what anyone says we have the best. and all anyone says is how philly lost 3 nfc champs in a row, well we r 100% making it to the nfc champ this year so thats 4 in a row. why? well best record in the nfc will give homefield and a first round bye. so 1 win at home and we r in the nfc champ 4th in a row. who else has done that? not many. we are a different type of dynasty. and nfc champ game dynasty who needs the corny superbowl. we have dominated the nfc for 4 years[/quote]

Hahahahaha! Man, you are always good for a laugh when you talk about the Eagles. The Eagles are a good team, but have you looked around at their competition? The season is getting close to be over and there are tons of 3-7 teams who can still make the playoffs. Just because the Eagles are dominating teams that are subpar does not make them a great team.

The only other good team in the NFC is Pittsburgh, and we all saw that nice 27-3 beatdown the Steelers threw down on them.

I'm not sure you guys can beat Pittsburgh, so it's very premature to say the Eagles are even going to the Super Bowl. And if they do, they will an extremely tough AFC team waiting for them.

But to say the Eagles are an NFC Championship dynasty is absurd. And to say winning the Super Bowl is corny just shows you really don't know what football is all about.

Remember the Bills in the early 90s? Yeah, how many people remember them for the good football team they were? Not many, and that's because Dallas put a beat down on them twice in the Super Bowl.

In the end, it's not how you play in the regular season that counts, it's how you finish the postseason. Remember that this year.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='flybrione']Thanks for the Chicago Props even though we suck!

For some reason, I've liked Jeff George ever since I was a kid. The man has a cannon for an arm and he's not that old at 34 or 35.

But your guy's real worries should be Chad Hutchinson since he will be your starter. George is third on the depth chart right now.

Hutch showed a few things in Dallas, but he's fumble prone, has no pocket presence and is still really green. He couldn't even hang in NFL Europe, so that should cause you guys to worry.[/quote]

I also liked Jeff George. He had a really nice season here in '99 (Minnesota) Than I read that he can't even make a team as a backup until the Bears are desperate which really makes no sense since hes better than most of the backups out there.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='flybrione']Thanks for the Chicago Props even though we suck!

Hutch showed a few things in Dallas, but he's fumble prone, has no pocket presence and is still really green. He couldn't even hang in NFL Europe, so that should cause you guys to worry.[/quote]

I not worried about Chad because he will be pulled by halftime and George will become the starter for the rest of the season. This kid was not on a roster for a reason this year because he sucks. He has talent but not NFL talent. You want to talk about pocket presence let me introduce you to the worst NFL Starting quarterback of all time.

Johnathan Quin (sp?)
This man will never ever play in the NFL again after this season.
I'm still not sure what convinced the Bears to sign this guy.

[quote name='WarrenGekko']Hate to say it but Pittsburgh is in the AFC[/quote]

Hah hah, you are certainly right about that one! I don't know what came over me.

Either way, there are some teams in the NFC that I think could give the Eagles some trouble if they meet in the playoffs, and those teams are Green Bay and possibly Seattle, if they get their shit together.

[quote name='flybrione'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='flybrione']Thanks for the Chicago Props even though we suck!

I not worried about Chad because he will be pulled by halftime and George will become the starter for the rest of the season. This kid was not on a roster for a reason this year because he sucks. He has talent but not NFL talent. You want to talk about pocket presence let me introduce you to the worst NFL Starting quarterback of all time.

Johnathan Quin (sp?)
This man will never ever play in the NFL again after this season.
I'm still not sure what convinced the Bears to sign this guy.[/quote]

Well after Thanksgiving, it's clear you guys need to do something this offseason to improve at the QB position. Luckily, there are some good QBs coming out of the draft, and maybe you guys can make a run at Drew Brees or Drew Bledsoe.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='WarrenGekko']Hate to say it but Pittsburgh is in the AFC[/quote]

Hah hah, you are certainly right about that one! I don't know what came over me.

Either way, there are some teams in the NFC that I think could give the Eagles some trouble if they meet in the playoffs, and those teams are Green Bay and possibly Seattle, if they get their shit together.[/quote]

Do not sleep on the Falcons.

Yeah I think Tampa's front office must be smoking something. Tim Brown and Bill Schroeder were probably the 2 worst offseason pickups made by any team.

[quote name='Bivensra'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='WarrenGekko']Hate to say it but Pittsburgh is in the AFC[/quote]

Either way, there are some teams in the NFC that I think could give the Eagles some trouble if they meet in the playoffs, and those teams are Green Bay and possibly Seattle, if they get their shit together.[/quote]

Do not sleep on the Falcons.[/quote]

Very true, but I just don't think Vick can play consistently enough to win in the playoffs right now.

[quote name='johnnyoski']Yeah I think Tampa's front office must be smoking something. Tim Brown and Bill Schroeder were probably the 2 worst offseason pickups made by any team.[/quote]

The team spent too much money, and then they signed a bunch of geezers / washed up players to replace people like McCardell. I think losing McCardell hurt them a lot.

[quote name='WarrenGekko']The Bolts won the NHL Stanely Cup and still the biggest news was that the Bucs were about to start the season soon (AND THE Bucs SUCK).
[/quote]

That's because football is the US' biggest sport and noone likes hockeys.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='WarrenGekko']The Bolts won the NHL Stanely Cup and still the biggest news was that the Bucs were about to start the season soon (AND THE Bucs SUCK).
[/quote]

That's because football is the US' biggest sport and noone likes hockeys.[/quote]

Speak for yourself. Those who have played hockey have a true appreciation of the sport.

[quote name='opportunity777']The team spent too much money, and then they signed a bunch of geezers / washed up players to replace people like McCardell. I think losing McCardell hurt them a lot.[/quote]

It just blew my mind that any team would take a chance on a bum like Schroeder or a guy way past his prime like Brown.

[quote name='johnnyoski'][quote name='opportunity777']The team spent too much money, and then they signed a bunch of geezers / washed up players to replace people like McCardell. I think losing McCardell hurt them a lot.[/quote]

It just blew my mind that any team would take a chance on a bum like Schroeder or a guy way past his prime like Brown.[/quote]

McCardell is past his prime but Brown cost a lot less.
Plus Tampa got a high draft pick for him

[quote name='Levizk']Roethlisberger almost guaranteed will win the rookie of the year honors, even if the rest of the team is mostly responsible. The guy set a NFL record for most consecutive wins without a loss as a rookie QB, and the league is just hyping him up. It would take an awfully big screw up on his part to lose the rookie of the year honor, but hey it could happen. As for the best fans in the NFL being Philly and Green Bay, every Steeler game since the mid 1970s has been sold out. Additionally there is a waiting list that extends into the next decade to get tickets so while I don't know about Philly's fan base, I can say that Pittsburgh fans are definately up at the top when it comes to being obsessed with their team.[/quote]

I agree with you. And if I'm lucky I'll have season tickets by the year 2014

[quote name='Machine']Tim Brown = just another Notre Dame crybaby punk[/quote]

Totally. I don't expect him to play for the Bucs (or anyone) next season after insulting everyone and SUCKING on the football field.

Even the ignorant fans can figure that one out... Right Tim?

At least Clayton looks like a keeper.
If Griese and Pittman keep playing well you might be one good receiver away from actually having a potent offense.

bread's done
Back