Time Crisis 4 w/Guncon(PS3) - $29.99, GTA IV: SE(360) - $34.99 @ Best Buy B&M - YMMV

SpeedBrkr

CAGiversary!
I went to a Best Buy this afternoon and saw that Time Crisis 4 w/Guncon (PS3) and GTA IV: SE (360) were 50% off making them $29.99 and $34.99 respectively.

I picked up one of each.

This is definitely a Your Mileage May Vary deal but a heads up nonetheless.

Goodluck!

Haha I ust got this last night from a trade on Craigslist:

My sealed Splinter Cell:DA for his TC4/w Guncon but it drives me nuts he did not have the big box for it I will look out for one of these..

Thanks OP

** Lets just hope Sony or some other company starts to release some more of these light gun games on the PS3**

just picked up TC4 at GS for $39.99 new and by luck they had a used GUNCON3 for $29.99...came with the sensors...so now i have the game + 2 GUNCON + 2 sensors...

Arent most deals at BB YMMV? I always thought that since I have a tendancy to visit multiple ones and seem to find these kinds of deals unique to each store. (Saw halo CE for 29.99 at one and full price at another). Also seems to be the way on other stuff since I got 50% off my home theater stuff which was just written on a cardboard as "50% open box stuff" but didnt see that anywhere else. Ill check it out but BB is very hit or miss unless its a universal price drop.

[quote name='tankass']Arent most deals at BB YMMV? I always thought that since I have a tendancy to visit multiple ones and seem to find these kinds of deals unique to each store. (Saw halo CE for 29.99 at one and full price at another). Also seems to be the way on other stuff since I got 50% off my home theater stuff which was just written on a cardboard as "50% open box stuff" but didnt see that anywhere else. Ill check it out but BB is very hit or miss unless its a universal price drop.[/quote]

Open box = YMMV, of COURSE it's not going to be from one to another

Your Halo CE, they probably just didn't resticker it. Never trust the sticker. You should know that by now.

[quote name='gunstarheroe']Does anybody know if the guncon 3 is compatible with guncon 2 games? I would buy it because of that.[/quote]

No it does NOT work on any previous Guncon1 or Guncon2 games

doesn't time crisis have a pedal as well or is that only the arcades. I've only managed to beat part 2 after 20$ splurge in an arcade.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Where are you located, SpeedBrkr?[/quote]

I think you mean to ask which BB I went to. ;)

It was the one in Downers Grove, IL on Butterfield Rd.

[quote name='mythus']doesn't time crisis have a pedal as well or is that only the arcades. I've only managed to beat part 2 after 20$ splurge in an arcade.[/quote]

I just looked at the box and it says 1 gun included (and the game obviously), no mention of any pedal.

none of the console gun con comes with the pedal. However if you got a pedal from a racing wheel you can plug that in controller port 2 and use it with the game. This works with PSOne TC

The gun has a button on the back that acts as the pedal. TC gameplay remains the same, so you'd end up using that a lot.

Anyway I'd go for this for $30 but if any of you guys have looked at the gun... I just don't know. An offset foregrip? I know why they did it (buttons, joysticks, etc) but I'd rather have a larger handgun that actually... looks like a handgun or a short shotgun and shoots as such. It's sad, but the gun design, however good Namco's intentions, kills it for me.

As usual at the Watertown MA store...bupkus...this has to be the worst BB in the state for cheapasses.

They had one TC bundle left scanned in for 59.99. They did have a bin in front that said "14.99, 9.99 games" and of course the only halfway decent looking ones in the bin were...tadaaa 19.99. They are such dumbasses at this BB.

[quote name='ace50421']Scanned @ 59.99 @ BB in Glendale,AZ[/QUOTE]

The games are always going to scan @ $59.99. If it is on clearance at your BB, it will have some sort of sticker indicating that the item is on clearance. At which point the cashier will adjust the price accordingly. Though it never hurts to ask a manager or the media supervisor about discounted items on their at-risk report.

[quote name='Esoteria']The gun has a button on the back that acts as the pedal. TC gameplay remains the same, so you'd end up using that a lot.

Anyway I'd go for this for $30 but if any of you guys have looked at the gun... I just don't know. An offset foregrip? I know why they did it (buttons, joysticks, etc) but I'd rather have a larger handgun that actually... looks like a handgun or a short shotgun and shoots as such. It's sad, but the gun design, however good Namco's intentions, kills it for me.[/quote]

This might be strange, but I do not find myself using the front grip at all unless I am playing FPS mode. You do not need any of the buttons on the front of the gun for Arcade mode. I think for $30, this game is a steal. I really hope Namco starts capitalizing on light gun games. I doubt it will happen though given the (relative) commercial failure of Time Crisis 4. But how awesome would it be to have Point Blank or the older Time Crisis games on PSN or in a special compilation? It would also be awesome if Sega got in on some of that action (like Virtua Cop or House of the Dead). Oh well.

Bestbuys are all wierd.. I saw the Rockband revolution at one best buy w/ Drum Kit for $29.99 and another one at $43.99 . Its fun to go to one then to get it much cheaper at another. Its like they compete amongst themselves but the blowouts are all at the discreation of the GM

bread's done
Back