Time For A New Laptop

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ145E I bought about five years ago but It's bugging out not to mention I can't play many games on it (Torchlight doesn't even run smooth on "netbook mode"). I would Like to keep it below $750 any pointers or advice would be much appreciated.

It'll be mainly for personal use and some work stuff (quickbooks) so I don't need a beast of a machine.

Thanks.

I'd like to know too. I'd like to keep it $750 or so. It'll be for personal use, but I'd like to be able to play a few games as well, but I don't need a beast.

I wouldn't get that if you want to play some games. The HP deal at slickdeals has bigger HD and much better video card for 550 A/R.

That Best Buy link isn't working for some reason.

What are you going to use the laptop for? What games, if any, would you like to be able to play on it?

If the most you're going to use the laptop for is quickbooks and the like, $750 on it is overkill. If you are going to want to play some of the newest games, you might want to up your budget.

It would work for the light stuff, but the killer is going to be the lack of a dedicated video card. I'm not sure about Torchlight, since I can't find the specs needs to run it on high settings, but looking at the minimum specs, it looks like you'd be able to do that.

Just remember that HP G series laptops are their bottom barrel quality wise. However, when you look at it and the next NEW i3-equipped laptop with 4GB RAM and a 500GB HDD is $150 more, you have to figure whether the savings are worth it.

Do you know when you're going to be purchasing the laptop? Or at least when you need it by?

I plan to buy it in the next few weeks. The one I have is crapping out on me. Yeah, I wouldn't mind paying the extra $150 if it would be that much better.

bread's done
Back