time for the yearly pc upgrade

BeAt

CAGiversary!
so ive been a devout amd follower since the 2500 + barton core lol but the pentium 840D looks really tempting, its cheap, a monster of an overclocker and well its pretty powerful, any opinions? get rid of my 3200+ 64 (socket 939) and get the pentium or upgrade to a dual core AMD its been a while since i read up on this stuff so im not to osure whats good anymore lol thanks

Welp rather then buying a new board I would probably just drom an X2 in that socket 939 board. Seems kinda eh to buy a new board for a pentium d especially with the conroe talk lately.

well if your mob can handle dual core go with like an AMD 4600+ X2

unless you want to pay a little less go with the 4200

well my mobo asus a8v is agp and i wanted to upgrade ot PCI express at the same time lol so yea i was planning to get a new vid card, cpu and mobo anyways hmmm

[quote name='NoRain']Welp rather then buying a new board I would probably just drom an X2 in that socket 939 board. Seems kinda eh to buy a new board for a pentium d especially with the conroe talk lately.[/quote]

Especially since other than the new processor intel came out with, the AMD dual cores are far superiour. (Even people at intel admit that their early dual core processors were a complete rush job and poorly designed) AMD just lowered the prices on a lot of their processors too, so it's the perfect time to upgrade.

bread's done
Back