Timeframe of new DDD sale?

Oh geez... In a few months around the middle of the year... And we are not certain it will be another 25% off sale either... Up until the second big DDD sale last year, it was always 20%... either way, you have a long time to wait, it's only February...

...anxiously awaiting the next time this is asked... Probably in a few weeks

These DDD sales just don't do it for me anymore. I find too many DVD deals elsewhere. Anyone else feel the same way?

[quote name='Josef']These DDD sales just don't do it for me anymore. I find too many DVD deals elsewhere. Anyone else feel the same way?[/quote]

on normal DVD's I agree, however they absolutely KILL with Boxsets and Anime

I don't have any money anyways, but this is asked every 6 weeks, maybe it should become a sticky. :lol:

I'm the same way regarding the DD sales losing their sizzle.

I don't buy Anime, so I can't comment on those, but unless its some real special interest DVD that the big stores don't carry, I can usually find most DVD's on sale for a lower price at either BestBuy or Target than the DDD 20% off sale. Amazon has been having some killer deals on boxsets (i.e. Six Feet Under) as has Target (Simpsons for $14.99) and Best Buy (1/2 off HBO).

Most movies just go on my wish list and then I check the weekly ads to see when they're on sale. Within 90 days its seems that most DVD's can be found for under $15 (blu-ray's at $19.99) Columbia House is another option depending on if they carry the movie as well.

Saying in early summer. hoping for early spring sale.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='wormraper']on normal DVD's I agree, however they absolutely KILL with Boxsets and Anime[/quote]
"Anime" died when it became mainstream in both America and Japan. I miss the 80's :(

[quote name='handisnacks']"Anime" died when it became mainstream in both America and Japan. I miss the 80's :([/QUOTE]

I totally agree. The late 80s-early 90s anime were amazing when I was a kid.

[quote name='mick16']Amazon has been having some killer deals on boxsets (i.e. Six Feet Under) as has Target (Simpsons for $14.99) and Best Buy (1/2 off HBO).[/quote]

Six Feet Under better be good because I spent $60 on it and have only seen the first 5 episodes on a Chinese website. I figured I could watch it and sell it used for $75 (The cheapest price now on Amazon).

And the site is DD now, they dropped the third D in January of 08. :)

alot of people still take advantage of this sale. some stuff just doesnt go on sale anywhere else so this is when to grab it. the buzz isnt as big as it has been in the past and seems to have gone down once they dropped the third d from their name. so if you do not like their sales why do you come into a thread asking about it?

Theirs plenty of boxsets out their that don't get price reductions. I'll be checking the more obscure ones like Friday the 13th TV series boxsets during their sales as well as anime boxsets.

As long as you do a little comparision pricing first you can get some good deals.

yeah, the DDD sales arent' as awesome as they were, but on certain boxsets and/or Criterions, you can get a great deal sometimes.

I'll be saving up some $$$ for the next one.

Yeah, I'd really like to know when the next Deep Discount/DVD Planet sale is going to be!

Also, when's the Live Cashback 30% off Ebay purchases coming back?

And the Google Checkout $10 off $10 purchase?

;)

It's always June/July and then October/November. The sales always do good for me, as there's a lot of DVDs and sets I need to complete that never actually go on sale. I already made a wishlist on the site for what I am picking up for when the sale hits. You will know when it's out, you won't miss it.

They are still good, but its redundant especially when Amazon and Best Buy seem to have really good sales every week now. Especially Amazon since they don't charge tax or shipping.

These sales were great when DVD Planet still offered good money on trade-ins, because then you could just turn around and use the store credit during the sale. But now their trade-in values suck.

I was rather disappointed last time when the Anime set I was waiting to buy for months got temporarily deleted from the website during the sale. I bought it from Amazon out of spite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']I was rather disappointed last time when the Anime set I was waiting to buy for months got temporarily deleted from the website during the sale. I bought it from Amazon out of spite.[/quote]

Thats from the anime company themself though, not DD. Certain companies request to not have their dvds included in the sale and DD usually complies.

bread's done
Back