TimeSplitters 3 - the last fully featured console FPS?

extremep

CAGiversary!
I'm seriously wondering whether or not we'll ever get another console FPS with co-op, a full mapmaker (including campaign/story maps, which is amazing), and bots. The bots even work on any user-created map.

Of course as long as Free Radical keeps making FPSes they'll probably keep putting all this stuff in, but does any other developer come close? UC (and UC2?) has bots, Pariah and Far Cry Instincts have mapmakers (probably not for campaign maps though), and at least a few games have co-op. I just wish more games had bots at least.

Now if only TimeSplitters: Future Perfect was good and didn't have N64 graphics... then, my friend, we'd have an amazing FPS.

[quote name='Brak']Now if only TimeSplitters: Future Perfect was good and didn't have N64 graphics... then, my friend, we'd have an amazing FPS.[/QUOTE]

The graphics remind me of a Quake 3 engine - not up to date but certainly not bad. Anyway my point was about additional features in any console FPS, not graphics.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Perfect Dark may come close...but other than that no, free radical just does things right in that respect[/QUOTE]

Since many of them came from Rare's Goldeneye and Perfect Dark teams, why is it that they can't do co-op challenges like they did in Perfect Dark? Instead we get crap like the stuffed-cat-on-wheels race. I sill remember fondly cursing out all of those bastard Mr Blondes in the Challenges with my friends years back.

I have really good memories of the Timesplitters games, but then again I haven't played TS1 or 2 for a long time, and I'm waiting until FP drops to around $20 before I pick it up.

I'm still waiting for a price drop on Timesplitters 3 as well. I bought Timesplitters 2 for $5 at Best Buy earlier this year and I've had a blast playing it. I don't think it's overrated. It's the best five bucks I've ever spent.

I can't stand the framerate in Perfect Dark!

bread's done
Back