TimeSplitters 4 - Gen. Discussion & Info. *Concept Art Oct. 5*

buterbals

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
timezm6.jpg

Update Oct. 5, 2008: Concept Art

- Free Radical has just released 3 pieces of concept art:

The UK Playstation Magazine, PSW, featured the first screens of the game. I don't know much information about the game as you can't actually read anything from it. The following is from the PS3 version, but Im sure we will also be seeing the same for the XBOX 360.​

- :lol: at the Brittney Speers Memorial Trailer Park.​

If there's anyone in the UK who has the magazine, please post some of the information on the game.​

I can't wait for the game to come out.​

Last edited by a moderator:
We needed a Timesplitters 4? I remember the original game being cool because it was the only shooter on the Playstation 2 at the time... that's about as good as the series ever was and probably ever will be.

Yes, Haze sucked but I know Free Radical will redeem themselves with TimeSplitters 4. I loved 1-3 and this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

[quote name='tcrash247']Yes, Haze sucked but I know Free Radical will redeem themselves with TimeSplitters 4. I loved 1-3 and this will be a day 1 purchase for me.[/quote]

That's what I also hope.

I remember playing Timesplitters 2-3 so much on the original xbox. I loved the capture the bag mode and just having a huge amount on bots in it, with 2 human players on each side. Fun times, well except for the sometimes dumb A.I., which is something I hope is fixed in the next game. I want smarter enemies. Since they are parodying other games, it would be pretty cool to see new characters based on well known and popular characters from other games.

[quote name='anomynous']hopefully its more like 2 than 3, IMO[/quote]

Agreed. I bet they will, since three plummeted to $5/clearance bins universally.

Finally! TS4 info. I've been dying for this ever since the teaser trailers.

*Edit*

Holy shit! I just noticed the "Simon Pegg could be contributing to the game" underneath the trailer park picture. That. Is. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chacrana']We needed a Timesplitters 4? I remember the original game being cool because it was the only shooter on the Playstation 2 at the time... that's about as good as the series ever was and probably ever will be.[/QUOTE]
I think most people will agree with me when I say "Put the crack pipe down" . If anything the first timesplitters was the worse. Timesplitters 2 was the best in the series, hands down. Now you have to admit that the one level in TS3 where you had to crack the codes on the computers using your past, present, and future selves simultaneously was sheer genius.

[quote name='ricoraney']Now you have to admit that the one level in TS3 where you had to crack the codes on the computers using your past, present, and future selves simultaneously was sheer genius.[/quote]

And hilarious...

Man, looking forward to this. I've only played 'Future Perfect,' but I found it hilarious.

... Such as the moment with the goth teen in miniskirt asking the character to go down the ladder first...

[quote name='ricoraney']Now you have to admit that the one level in TS3 where you had to crack the codes on the computers using your past, present, and future selves simultaneously was sheer genius.[/quote]
Don't sweat it, password's banana.

I love the Timesplitters series. It's one of the few FPS games I've actually loved playing. I've been waiting for this game forever now.

The TS4 site has been updated with a letters page. I can't tell if they're real -- someone at FRD may have made them up --, but some of them are funny, maybe insightful, while others just remind me of the condition of the human race and their use of the English language (i.e. bad :cold:). Especially this one:

Dear Free Rad,

THIS IS MY 5th time writing in please post this
i think you should make TSP4 a ps3 exclusive i hate the xbox and all there owners and whats with everyone comparing halo with timesplitters halo is crap compared to timesplitters. keep up the good work free radical and make timesplitters 4 just as good and funny as the rest of the series.

-Keiran
and this one:

Dear Free Radical

Please put Timesplitters 4 on the PS3 only Please.Listen I have a family and my cosin is dieing. He is a big fan of Timespliters more biger a fan then me and please he is going through a Tough time and he likes PS3. Please Release TS4 on the PS3 only. I beg you please it would mean alot to him and me I promised him I would do what ever it takes to make him feel good.Please do me this one favor please.

-Randy

AHAHAHAHA! Wow, I really hope those 2 letters are from the same person. It would really put me at ease knowing that this level of immaturity is localized to one place.

I hope this is more like TS2 than TS3 . While I loved TS3, I fear they may add too much humor to the game. I think TS3 had just the right balance. - But from the concept art, imo, it looks like they may be going a little too overboard. i.e. cat racing underground.
I'm sure I will still play it and love it, but maybe not as much as if they had gone for a more serious tone like TS2.

bread's done
Back