timesplitters FP for $19.99 (in store only) target

[quote name='wjhard63']Would you mind telling me which Target you checked? I'd like to cross that one of my list as I'd like to find a GC copy pretty badly. I can tell you that the Florence, KY target only has Players' Choice and 90-days-from-release-date GC games in stock, so don't bother there. . . .[/QUOTE]

I was at that same store yesterday and the X-Box version was still $49.99. Can anyone confirm the $19.99 price for all three versions?

[quote name='Speed Racer']I was at that same store yesterday and the X-Box version was still $49.99. Can anyone confirm the $19.99 price for all three versions?[/QUOTE]

Did you scan the price or did you just see it on the shelf?

[quote name='jousley']Hehe...yes, I meant grateful. If anyone can get an Extra Xbox copy, I would be grateful. My local store had the Gamecube and PS2 ones...damn them! I need the Xbox one[/QUOTE]

Just saw your second post. Sounds like your store had the GC version. Would you mind telling me which store you went to? I'd like to snap up a GC copy if it's still there.

As for the Xbox version, it sounds like Speed Racer was at the Florence store that I visited yesterday and it sounds like they had at least one Xbox copy there.

Speed Racer - how many copies of the Xbox verison did you see at the Florence store?

[quote name='spideymike']Did you scan the price or did you just see it on the shelf?[/QUOTE]

I had the person working the department scan it with one of those handheld RF units and it came up $49.99.

[quote name='wjhard63']. . . As for the Xbox version, it sounds like Speed Racer was at the Florence store that I visited yesterday and it sounds like they had at least one Xbox copy there.

Speed Racer - how many copies of the Xbox verison did you see at the Florence store?[/QUOTE]

Seems like they had at least 3 or more copies.

i played the hell out of TP 2. beat all the challenges or whatever with at least a gold, a few with platinum, and beat story mode up until about the last three or four missions on hard.

[quote name='rperez1025']Maybe you were thinking about Prince of Persia: Warrior Within? Maybe? I've read that the Gamecube version is the buggiest of the three, where there is a point that it locks up and you're not able to finish the game.[/QUOTE]
Well, I was apparently totally wrong with the last one,so I'm probably wrong again - but I thought I had read that the GC version was the LEAST buggy for WW...
[quote name='cicada17']I saw the GC version of this game for $10 at Toys R Us. It was a green tag item.[/QUOTE]
It was GTd, but it was still $50 when I got it with the B2G1 on Sunday...I was thinking of taking it back when I saw that it had dropped to $20 at Target, and now I'm pretty sure that's the way to go...
Even if it isn't $20 yet, I'm guessing that it will be soon....might as well wait since there are a bunch left that haven't even been marked as GT yet.

[quote name='cicada17']I saw the GC version of this game for $10 at Toys R Us. It was a green tag item.[/QUOTE]

The last time I saw it it was 49.99 green tagged, so around $25?

[quote name='wjhard63']Would you mind telling me which Target you checked? I'd like to cross that one of my list as I'd like to find a GC copy pretty badly. I can tell you that the Florence, KY target only has Players' Choice and 90-days-from-release-date GC games in stock, so don't bother there. My girlfriend lives on the westside, so I am going to try Colerain and Western Hills soon, unless you've checked there.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, sorry I didnt see your post. As of the end of last week, The Target on Beechmont Ave just down from the Cherry Grove Center had one and the Milford store also had one (BOth being Gamecube versions) This weekend I drove up to the Tri County Target, but I didnt see and GC or Xbox ones, I think they did have one PS2 one though. I still havent been able to find the Xbox one :/ With school and work I havent had the time to get to Florence...its a bit of a drive for me from Williamsburg. Can anyone help out a UC student with getting an Xbox version of Timesplitters 3 at that great price? :)

I scored an Xbox copy of it today at my normal Target of choice.

They didn't have any GC copies that I had seen, and there were a couple more Xbox copies there.

[quote name='shrike4242']I scored an Xbox copy of it today at my normal Target of choice.

They didn't have any GC copies that I had seen, and there were a couple more Xbox copies there.[/QUOTE]

Awwww Shrike, I wish you could have picked me up an Xbox copy! Ive looked everywhere.

Target is sometimes pre-emptive on their price drops... they dropped all versions of MK: Deception to 19.99, then about a month later all other retailers followed suit.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few weeks, TS: FP is 19.99 everywhere. I mean, this isn't a clearance price by Target, and I'd be very surprised if they decided to just eat the profit loss on the title, unless they were getting reimbursed by the distrubutor, and the only way they'd do that would be if it was an official price drop.

[quote name='Roufuss']Target is sometimes pre-emptive on their price drops... they dropped all versions of MK: Deception to 19.99, then about a month later all other retailers followed suit.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few weeks, TS: FP is 19.99 everywhere. I mean, this isn't a clearance price by Target, and I'd be very surprised if they decided to just eat the profit loss on the title, unless they were getting reimbursed by the distrubutor, and the only way they'd do that would be if it was an official price drop.[/QUOTE]

That was my guess as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Target is sometimes pre-emptive on their price drops... they dropped all versions of MK: Deception to 19.99, then about a month later all other retailers followed suit.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few weeks, TS: FP is 19.99 everywhere. I mean, this isn't a clearance price by Target, and I'd be very surprised if they decided to just eat the profit loss on the title, unless they were getting reimbursed by the distrubutor, and the only way they'd do that would be if it was an official price drop.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully the PS2 version does as well. I'm gonna be stubborn and wait for it at that price. The GC controller is always uncomfortable with FPS games for me.

My local Target finally got some in, too and dropped the price to $19.99. I haven't picked it up yet, but may do it soon - or just put it on my Christmas list. :)

bread's done
Back