TimeSplitters: Future Perfect Discussion

Maizrim

CAGiversary!
Some friends and I were talking over the weekend during a Halo 2 session and the topic of the soon-to-be released TimeSplitters: Future Perfect map editor came up.

We were wondering how hard it would be to reproduce the Complex from the old N64 Goldeneye 007.

I'm sure someone on XBL will be able to reproduce some of the better maps from Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, but I was curious about doing one of my own.

Does anyone know much about the map editor of TimeSplitters 2?

Are there any good TS web sites out there?

I didn't know if this would be possible or not.

Thanks for any info...

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yep you can trade your maps you make over XBL which is pretty neat. It would be super sweet if they had that in halo.[/quote]

Yeah, that is the biggest selling point of the game IMO.

The game has gotten mixed reviews, but most seem to say the single player campaign is weak but the multiplayer is a lot of fun.

(sounds just like MechAssault 2)

Should be interesting to see what other people come up with in terms of maps.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/597/597343p1.html
(IGN: 9.0 out of 10)

Multiplayer Modes
While the lack of story remains an unsatisfactory thorn in Free Radical's side, the team always makes up for its weakness with the most unlockable items in almost any game ever, wackily charming characters, and a robust set of offline and online modes that send this game's replay value sky high. With about 150-plus characters to unlock, and dozens of mini-games and challenges to play, plus one of the most sophisticated map-making tools in any console game, one feels as if Free Radical couldn't be more generous.

In addition to the standard set of deathmatch and capture the flag options, Free Radical's spin on other favorite multiplayer games seems to be where all that creativity was spent. There's Virus, Shrink, and a handful of other excellent variations of semi-familiar online modes that, when paired with the hallucinogenic collection of zombies, monkeys, freaks, ghouls, walking gloves, deer, bears, and whatever else you can possibly imagine fills multiplayer games with humor and joy. There are 16 multiplayer maps to choose from, too. The Arcade and Challenge modes offer up good single and multiplayer challenges, with three ranks to ascend to and substantial rewards to gain. The offline two-player co-op mode just sweetens the deal.

I think the Stack and the Facility were the two best Goldeneye levels. I'd love to see both of those.

I'd love to see another game incorporate proximity mines or laptop guns like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark did.

Ah, the good ol days.

[quote name='Rig']I think the Stack and the Facility were the two best Goldeneye levels. I'd love to see both of those.[/quote]
Hell yeah, im a classic Goldeneye Player, Stacks Okay, but the best is the Facility, with the door unlock cheat on, at least on multiplayer.

Dont Forget PARIAH, with a sick level editor, THE GAME NOBODY CARES ABOUT

I know the map editor in TimeSplitters 2 was decent, and I was able to create a reasonable facsimile of Complex in it. My god that was a great level. My friends and I would play 2 v 2, power weapons, license to kill, first to 20. 1 team would take "the nest" the place over looking the ramps and the v shaped passage, and the other team would have to try to take them out.

Facility was our other favorite map, with Bunker getting some good 3 player play. Especially since we had our no-gun go to prison rule.

Theres going to be some fun to be had tomorrow...ill see you guys on the battlefield then...with some custom levels...just send a friend request and ill make some sick levels...dont forget pariah

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Theres going to be some fun to be had tomorrow...ill see you guys on the battlefield then...with some custom levels...just send a friend request and ill make some sick levels...dont forget pariah[/quote]

I'm excited about Pariah as well, but that is another month away.

At the beginning of May I'll be ready for something fun after the hell week of finals are over with.

I love the idea of the 'Shrink' game type.

If I understand it correctly, every time you get a kill, your character actually gets bigger.

If you keep getting killed, you get smaller.

The better players obviously being at a disadvantage because of their size and the crappy players harder to kill because of their lack of size.

Wow, this game sounds awesome. I've been looking for something to take my time away from Halo and its boring-ass maps for awhile now. Hopefully, this will be it.

I remember trying to reproduce Bunker on Time Splitters 2 on a gamecube. did it all from memory but couldn't make the whole map due to what the game said was size restrictions.

[quote name='doubledown']So, you can use the user-created maps on LIVE? not just at your local XBOX?[/quote]

From what I understand, anyone who makes a map can put it online for all to download and use as their own. (both offline and on XBL)

This means there will be some crazy ass maps out there - maybe even a Halo 2 Foundation copy?

Would be fun to try that Shrink game on Foundation because there are not many places to hide...

Excellent...I hope all the maps are on LIVE....I guess they would just have to make everyone D/L it when they try to play it....which is fine with me.

Hopefully BlockBuster will have it to rent today :)

[quote name='Girion47']I remember trying to reproduce Bunker on Time Splitters 2 on a gamecube. did it all from memory but couldn't make the whole map due to what the game said was size restrictions.[/quote]
that is apparently being addressed in the new one, making possible map sizes bigger.

[quote name='Ozzkev55'][quote name='Rig']I think the Stack and the Facility were the two best Goldeneye levels. I'd love to see both of those.[/quote]
Hell yeah, im a classic Goldeneye Player, Stacks Okay, but the best is the Facility, with the door unlock cheat on, at least on multiplayer.

Dont Forget PARIAH, with a sick level editor, THE GAME NOBODY CARES ABOUT[/quote]

I'm not. Gonna get it it as soon as it comes out.

[quote name='el bobo']I'm getting it tonight, so if I decide to make a map I will post my thoughts.[/quote]
Yeah definetly post back with a review im quite interested in how good it is, im buying it tomorrow, and i will be board creating for all those with the interest in seeing one of the ozzmans boards, which trust me are always made with perfection in mind :twisted:

Well, Blockbuster only carried ONE rental copy of the game. Needless to say, I probably won't play it for a while unless I buy it.

Anybody played it yet?

I went to GameRush today and the two copies they had were checked out.

The other Blockbuster and Hollywood Video did not even have a copy to rent yet.

I guess it's just another weekend of Halo 2...

I purchased the game on Tuesday and beat the Story mode on "Normal" in approximatly 7 Hours. The game is hillarious and has some great level designs. While all the levels are linear, I enjoy the way the unique story of each level unfolds. The multiplayer maps are some of the most creative I have ever seen. Maps include a zepplin, Venice Canals, frozen lake, Vietnam, and a Subway Station. Most levels have interactive elements. In Venice you can hop on a Gondola to escape from an enemy. In the subway level you can pull a switch on the wall and activate a subway train that will kill anyone standing on the tracks. This game has great variety, a good sense of humor, and fantastic multiplayer.

Hmmmm, sounding better and better with multiplayer....

How would you rate the speed of the game? Is it faster than Halo 2? abotu the same?

I hate games that are TOO fast....i.e. the first UNREAL on XBOX.

OXM gave it a 7.9 if nobody heard yet. They manily ragged on it for having PS2 level graphics and being weak in single player.

When someone rags on a game and takes off points for graphics and gives points for XBOX Live play, I instantly discredit the review.

[quote name='cicada17']I purchased the game on Tuesday and beat the Story mode on "Normal" in approximatly 7 Hours. The game is hillarious and has some great level designs. While all the levels are linear, I enjoy the way the unique story of each level unfolds. The multiplayer maps are some of the most creative I have ever seen. Maps include a zepplin, Venice Canals, frozen lake, Vietnam, and a Subway Station. Most levels have interactive elements. In Venice you can hop on a Gondola to escape from an enemy. In the subway level you can pull a switch on the wall and activate a subway train that will kill anyone standing on the tracks. This game has great variety, a good sense of humor, and fantastic multiplayer.[/quote]

Is it worth 50?

[quote name='help1'][quote name='cicada17']I purchased the game on Tuesday and beat the Story mode on "Normal" in approximatly 7 Hours. The game is hillarious and has some great level designs. While all the levels are linear, I enjoy the way the unique story of each level unfolds. The multiplayer maps are some of the most creative I have ever seen. Maps include a zepplin, Venice Canals, frozen lake, Vietnam, and a Subway Station. Most levels have interactive elements. In Venice you can hop on a Gondola to escape from an enemy. In the subway level you can pull a switch on the wall and activate a subway train that will kill anyone standing on the tracks. This game has great variety, a good sense of humor, and fantastic multiplayer.[/quote]

Is it worth 50?[/quote]

I'd say its worth 30-35 based on what I hear.

This game has a high replay value due to the amount of various game options single/multiplayer. There are approximatly 150 unlockable characters in multiplayer, my favorite so far is a robotic cactus. I think that the graphics have alot of detail, however, it is more a comic style. The game still feels a bit quicker than Halo 2 but not as quick as Timesplitters 2. The controls are more precise. I think the game is worth $50 but I only paid $30 with some Gamerush trading.

Per an earlier thread, there is already a "Complex" map available for this game online.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks for the input....I may take two cheapass games to GameRush then and buy it.[/quote]

I'm with you. I think I might trade in MechAssault 2 and another older game that I don't play anymore and get this for $29.99.

I wonder how much they give for MechAssault 2 though - didn't see it listed in the GameRush thread.

Another review: (TeamXbox)

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/908/TimeSplitters-Future-Perfect/p1/

Mapmaker - Gamers can upload, share, and swap maps with anyone that has a Gamertag, which is a nifty feature for the show-offs out there. Time Splitters Future Perfect features an extremely advanced level creator which starts gamers out with a basic set of tools which change map layout, lighting sources, AI constructs, spawn points, and more. The editor works on a cursor system which is used to place objects within the map or change an item’s style. Players can then preview their work in progress before it’s actually saved. Advanced users can even dabble in story mode creation and the programming of bot tendencies. This is a very flexible tool which should lead to some crazy maps being uploaded to Xbox Live.

So, can you play the uploaded maps on LIVE....or just share them and play them offline?

Also, I think MechAssault 2 will get you $25-$30....I think I got $30 for mine a few weeks ago. Trade in 3 and get the extra $5/each (if they will combine deals)

According to that review, you upload them to the EA servers and they become available to anyone who wants to use them.

I actually went by GameRush after my earlier post and picked up the game.

They only gave me $20 for MechAssault 2, but the extra $5 I got for a few other games made up for it.

The guy also reminded me of the other deal and told me that I could stack the deal.

I now have enough for Pariah in credit as well.

EDIT: Just checked out the Map Editor/Online function.

The game allows you to browse, search or upload a created map of your own.

You can leave feedback on created maps, look at all the maps made by a certain "Author", or read the map feedback itself.

Search through maps with the highest rating or by the time they were made. (or the "Most Popular")

I have already seen 007 Temple, 007 Stacks and a few of the maps from Perfect Dark.

People have already re-created Beaver Creek from H2 as well! If the gameplay is as good as people are saying... I may be taking a long needed break from Halo 2 for awhile.

I'll be buying this game tonight, I can't wait! But I'm getting it for PS2, so I can't play against you Xbox guys. The multiplayer levels are sounding pretty cool, a frozen lake and Venice Canals? Sick!

i bought it yesterday for the xbox,and its pretty good, hit me up with an invite and ill show you the awesome map i created, im sending you a friend request maizrim

[quote name='Ozzkev55']i bought it yesterday for the xbox,and its pretty good, hit me up with an invite and ill show you the awesome map i created, im sending you a friend request maizrim[/quote]

Sounds good. I should be online later this afternoon.

I have yet to play the game itself since I got interested in the bball games last night, and then ended up catching the rerun of Fullmetal Alchemist and GiTS on AS as well.

[quote name='doubledown']So, does that mean you can PLAY the maps on LIVE also?[/quote]

Sorry I'm not making myself clear. Yes, you can use all of these maps online with whoever on XBL - everyone just needs to have all the maps downloaded.

I am curious though if a person will blink in the lobby like they do in Crimson Skies if they do not have the map downloaded that we are about to play.

I have to say that the 007 Stacks map is freaking awesome to whoever made that thing.

As of last night it had a 5.07 rating with 50 votes, easily the highest rated map in the game so far.

yeah how do you look up other peoples maps, on that, im dying to play the stack board, and im gonna make a normandy beach thing, my current base "Ozzs Hellzone" is pretty good, its better than some of the custom maps i play, ven though it only spans one level, im working on some mult level madness, i spend like an hour or two on each board so i dont make just plain old hallways connected, my stuff is usually always symmetrical as well

Someone made COMPLEX from GoldenEye on XBL go to map downloads and go to most downloaded or top rated (i forget) and its listed under COMPLEX. Its pretty decent

I finally picked it up on Friday....pretty nice game. The single player was REALLY short...I already beat it. Probably only about 6 hours long or so. Mulitplayer seems to be ok.....it's on the FAST side. I guess I got used to Halo 2 for speed wise. I'll have to play a little more....it seemed pretty fun though.

[quote name='doubledown']I finally picked it up on Friday....pretty nice game. The single player was REALLY short...I already beat it. Probably only about 6 hours long or so. Mulitplayer seems to be ok.....it's on the FAST side. I guess I got used to Halo 2 for speed wise. I'll have to play a little more....it seemed pretty fun though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we played it on into the night... (great ATHF quote) both Friday and Saturday night.

A lot of people were commenting on the fact that it seems a LOT more laid back in comparison to Halo 2. Of course, I ended up with some questionable people a few times, but for the most part it is a lot of fun.

The Assault, Virus and Shrink gametypes are a lot of fun.

I love the records the game keeps, like the majority of the old Perfect Dark records. (AC-10 Award, Most Cowardly, etc...)

The game even keeps track of how many windows you break, what % of the time you have played walking backwards and a bunch of other crazy mess.

I have yet to play any of the storymode game itself, but will try to unlock some new characters this week.

Send me an invite and we can all get together next weekend sometime.

[quote name='Maizrim']Sorry I'm not making myself clear. Yes, you can use all of these maps online with whoever on XBL - everyone just needs to have all the maps downloaded.

I am curious though if a person will blink in the lobby like they do in Crimson Skies if they do not have the map downloaded that we are about to play.

I have to say that the 007 Stacks map is freaking awesome to whoever made that thing.

As of last night it had a 5.07 rating with 50 votes, easily the highest rated map in the game so far.[/QUOTE]

I read that it autodownloads the map when you join a session with a map you don't have. I think they're only a few blocks, so it doesn't take any time to speak of.

bread's done
Back