Tinker - Free on Game for Windows Live

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just download the client for Game for Windows LIVE, sign in with your LIVE-ID, and look in the Games on Demand.

Tinker is FREE.

Everything else is overpriced... but you can't beat free

except:
[quote name='Showstoppa42']Also of note, Viva Pinata and Shadowrun are 50% off...just $9.99 for a limited time.

Both titles have achievements.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Thanks OP, downloading now.

As others have said, try purchasing it with "Microsoft Points" as opposed to the first-selected option of "Credit Cards".

Also, for anyone that needs to download GFWL like I did, here is the quick download link for the program: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...10-43C2-8857-3641BA9A39B4/gfwlivesetupmin.exe[/QUOTE]

Description in Spoiler
TINKER
He's little, he's metal, and he's lost.
Being a small robot isn’t always easy. Being a small robot marooned in a surreal world of clockwork, inventive mechanisms and challenging puzzles, even less so. In Tinker, a free puzzle game that pushes the boundaries of robot deduction, you’ll guide your robot through switches, contraptions to reach the exit. He’ll only do what you command. He’ll only go where you tell him to. It’s up to you to get him home!
Featuring captivating visuals, an original music score, and 60 levels that range from the facile to the extremely challenging. Tinker is an isometric two-dimensional puzzle available for free. Tinker features a tutorial level to get you started. What are you waiting for? Get Tinker for free when you download Games for Windows - LIVE. Start Tinkering.

• Guide your small robot through 60 different levels of inventive mechanisms, switches, lasers, teleporters, and more!
  • Earn Tinker Achievements only available through LIVE.
  • Enjoy 3D graphics that enhance the majestic clockwork world!

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off topic, but if you play these games and you've already finished them on the 360, do you get the achievements again?

[quote name='troy2007']Slightly off topic, but if you play these games and you've already finished them on the 360, do you get the achievements again?[/QUOTE]

For most games, yes, you will. However, the exception to this is games that allow cross-platform multiplayer (such as Shadowrun). These games share the same list as the Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='troy2007']Slightly off topic, but if you play these games and you've already finished them on the 360, do you get the achievements again?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

EDIT: See post above

[quote name='Cheadyp']For most games, yes, you will. However, the exception to this is games that allow cross-platform multiplayer (such as Shadowrun). These games share the same list as the Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Of course this works just like different region games. If you have a PAL version of Fallout 3 and NTSC version of Fallout 3 you could beat both of them for separate achievements. Plus you could get the PC version too, making it a total of 3 separate versions for 3 different sets of the same game.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm assuming that achievements were only just added with this GFWL release, which is a huge plus for those who care about gamerscore.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the achievements have been there as long as GFWL. There just aren't many games on that list.

damn wont work for me and I did buy using Microsoft points just keeps giving me error: 8007000D

edit: NVM got it to work, had to uninstall Trine that I already had from Windows Vista Ultimate extras along with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Unrealevil']I'm pretty sure the achievements have been there as long as GFWL. There just aren't many games on that list.[/QUOTE]Here's the list - there are currently 20 titles on it.

I've got Gears of War, Fallout 3, Red Faction Guerilla, Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, and will eventually get GTA IV and it's nice that I can play these games with my kickass PC and still get points. I picked up Wolverine for the PC for $10 on clearance from Target and hate that there's no Achievements. I had already bought Tomb Ho Underworld for $10 on PC, but when I found a copy for $5 at a Blockbuster that was closing, I snapped that up because of the points. They really color your platform choices because it seems like you're being short-changed if you don't get some meaningless token as a reward for playing the game.

As for duplication, Gears shows up as a PC version, but Fallout gives no sign and if you compare your profile to a friend's who is playing on the Xbox, it will appear that you haven't gotten any achievements. Kinda sucks because they aren't differentiated. I found a $5 copy of Fallout 3 at Hollywood and picked it up for a friend, but I played it a little bit and now I have two FO3 achievement lists - my PC being quite advanced and the X360 being a couple items long.

I see World of Goo came out on GFWL on 12/15/09..what about if you got the DRM-free version from 2D-Boy during the donation sale? I didn't see it pop up in GFWL when that stupid free Stubb's game did..and that's not even GFWL!

also, another newb question, I've installed the app on my work computer and home PC. I don't see any problems, my history is the same, etc.. what are the limits of how you can play the game on different PC's??

[quote name='Unrealevil']I'm pretty sure the achievements have been there as long as GFWL. There just aren't many games on that list.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the confusing wording in my post. I meant achievements for this specific game, not achievements in general for GFWL. I own Gears of War PC so I definitely know that achievements have been there from the beginning.

[quote name='markyshizzle']@ sighrex

to fix that, i went into my download folder, extracted it into the desktop, then manually installed it and it worked[/QUOTE]

thanks ... had the same problem too and this worked

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm assuming that achievements were only just added with this GFWL release, which is a huge plus for those who care about gamerscore.[/QUOTE]

Achievements have been on GFWL for more than a year now, starting with halo 2 pc and gears pc. I know this because i bought them for that very reason.

[quote name='markyshizzle']Achievements have been on GFWL for more than a year now, starting with halo 2 pc and gears pc. I know this because i bought them for that very reason.[/QUOTE]
He meant for this specific game.
[quote name='rapsodist']Sorry about the confusing wording in my post. I meant achievements for this specific game, not achievements in general for GFWL. I own Gears of War PC so I definitely know that achievements have been there from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

I can't fully install this GD game. I have Vista Ultimate so I had it before and I think that's stopping me from allowing it to be games for windows live

[quote name='DirkBelig']Here's the list - there are currently 20 titles on it.

I've got Gears of War, Fallout 3, Red Faction Guerilla, Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, and will eventually get GTA IV and it's nice that I can play these games with my kickass PC and still get points. I picked up Wolverine for the PC for $10 on clearance from Target and hate that there's no Achievements. I had already bought Tomb Ho Underworld for $10 on PC, but when I found a copy for $5 at a Blockbuster that was closing, I snapped that up because of the points. They really color your platform choices because it seems like you're being short-changed if you don't get some meaningless token as a reward for playing the game.

As for duplication, Gears shows up as a PC version, but Fallout gives no sign and if you compare your profile to a friend's who is playing on the Xbox, it will appear that you haven't gotten any achievements. Kinda sucks because they aren't differentiated. I found a $5 copy of Fallout 3 at Hollywood and picked it up for a friend, but I played it a little bit and now I have two FO3 achievement lists - my PC being quite advanced and the X360 being a couple items long.[/QUOTE]

Whhaaaat, Red Faction has achievements on PC?? It was cheaper, had free DLC (if I remember right), and probably controlled better with mouse+keyboard...and also has achievements?! Dammit...:whistle2:#

[quote name='humidore']Whhaaaat, Red Faction has achievements on PC?? It was cheaper, had free DLC (if I remember right), and probably controlled better with mouse+keyboard...and also has achievements?! Dammit...:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Red faction is also on of the few GFWL games that has no activation limit because the key is bound to the gamertag. Same is true of section 8 i hear. I think you can even register red faction on impulse.

Anyone else find the achievements a tad bit glitchy but in your favor?
Unlocked Turn 10,000 Times after beating the first lvl and finish 5 lvls 20 seconds under par on a lvl I finished in 15, but par was 30. If my math is right thats 15 seconds under par, not 20.

bread's done
Back