tired of the way my video games look

modcase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
So, In retrospect there has been alot of different designs and setups when coming to your video game console. This thread is for pictures of modifications to your console involving lights, paint and anything else of that nature.
(obviously NOT anything illegal) ;)

I will start....
I am bored with the way everything looks when it comes from the factory. That is because you have the exact same one that I have now :cry: Im like one of the two teenage girls that goes to school and sees someone else wearing what she is wearing and gets gets emotional. So with that said, here is my list of alterations.
Updating? ..... Always!

Xbox in a arcade cabinet

Dreamcast with Blue LED Mods

Xbox - Blue LED Modded controller ports and eject pcb

Xbox Controller - Blue / White LEDS on front - Purple leds on back - rumble leds

Xbox - Limited Edition Kasumi-Chan Xbox - Blue leds for the case jewel, ports, pcb, and controller, with white error and rumble leds

Wipeout Pure - working with KAI and all Ad Hoc psp Games

Xbox Controller - 12 leds on the front with 4 remapped buttons to the back with a switch

OMG what was this person thinking when they did this?!?!?

Xbox - 80mm white LED fan install in a Kasumi-Chan Xbox

Xbox - 80mm red LED fan install in a Crystal Xbox

Xbox Controller - Red Controller with 25 leds installed

Gotta love that arcade cabinet xbox! :D

Here's the classic Millenium Falcon xbox - (I only wish it was mine!)

xbox.JPG

[quote name='Tromack']How did you get that cabinet?[/QUOTE]

well.. there are several anwsers to this question.. most likely he got a cheap cabinet hollowed it all out and re built it using the xbox as the muscle of the machine.. a couple controllers modded to make the joystick controls (or just buying arcade sticks for it)

or he built it from scratch (which is usually easier and cheaper)

Wow that is some amazing stuff. You did it all yourself? Looks like it might be expensive - but a really awesome hobby. You should offer your services to people in the local area. Mighty cool stuff.

[quote name='Tromack']How did you get that cabinet?[/QUOTE]

that cab was purchased online for around 700 (ship was 250 additional) then since the cab supports 15/24/31 monitor resolutions i used a xvga pack to connect video - controllers were hacked s-controllers

Stock Cab - same model but overseas - here.

I sincerely admire your artistic nature and cerativity. Not only are you great at making banners, but you do this, too!

If you offered your modding services (and I had money) I'd head over to SLO and have you spiff up some of my older systems.

The only thing I've done to alter any of my video game-related stuff is my Xbox S controller and my Xbox Live communicator unit. I painted my controller the whole thing metallic silver and I only painted half of my Xbox Live communicator with the same spray bottle (so it's a two-tone black/silver).

113bb8c0.jpg

Well, I have a few modded consoles, but those aren't really anything to look at. ;-)

[quote name='Socheata']The only thing I've done to alter any of my video game-related stuff is my Xbox S controller and my Xbox Live communicator unit. I painted my controller the whole thing metallic silver and I only painted half of my Xbox Live communicator with the same spray bottle (so it's a two-tone black/silver).

113bb8c0.jpg

Well, I have a few modded consoles, but those aren't really anything to look at. ;-)[/QUOTE]

did you just put tape around the buttons then spray painted? that looks interesting to me.

[quote name='munch']did you just put tape around the buttons then spray painted? that looks interesting to me.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the best way to do it would be to just take it apart and spray the casing.

[quote name='munch']did you just put tape around the buttons then spray painted? that looks interesting to me.[/QUOTE]

Kayden pretty much nailed it. It's much easier if you took the controller apart and spray paint the top and bottom halves without having to worry about painting the buttons. The only thing you do need to cover is the Xbox jewel on the controller itself if you don't feel like taking it out.

What kind of spray paint did you use? I did the same thing to my DC controller a few years ago, but it started coming off onto my hands.

Krylon spray paint is what I usually use and what is recommended it works great.
Its at Wal-Mart too, so shouldn't be hard to find.

Is 80 mm the size of the Xbox's standard fan, or is that one bigger??

I keep seeing how-to's on replacing the fan in the Xbox with a quiter one (especially after doing that trick with taking the power from the HD and routing it to the fan), but they all involved cutting up parts of the case around the fan. Is there a way to add a better, quieter fan that can just be popped in with little or no alterations to the case around it?

bread's done
Back