Titanfall $30/any $60 game in stock ~30 off YMMV(Staples online). May need to use VPN to redeem. (link to instructions)-DEAD!

Linkgx1

CAGiversary!
Okay, so I'm not seeing anything posted about Titanfall deals here. But I just got Titanfall for $30 via a special deal that I found on slickdeals.com 

Basically go here.  A lot more details. 

The VPN instructions are here. It's REALLY sensitive to what area you are in. I have no staples where I lived and got a denial message. 

Shout out to jbg22003 over @ slickdeals forums. 

Also, the total order has to be $60, so you'll want to add like a $1 item.

Also, some are reporting this will work with almost any $60 game/order. So you might be able to test the waters with any game or two 3DS games (Thanks ProfessorMicro! and Victimsofadown) I only tried Titanfall.

Finally, according to preston181, VPNs can be used to collect information. So as soon as you get the code, for safety reasons, please disconnect from the server!

oeXntlC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the relevance. I used the coupons: one on 1 browser the other on another.
Because i tried the two coupon links earlier and once i used one i couldn't use the other so im curious how you did it? id love to get 1 year gold and titanfall for 60 together!

Because i tried the two coupon links earlier and once i used one i couldn't use the other so im curious how you did it? id love to get 1 year gold and titanfall for 60 together!
Oh, I used a different browser for each order. Firefox and Chrome to be exact. It's probably as simple as deleting your cookies, but I like my cookies. I ran into the same problem, at first until I switched over. I'll go for 3 browser/orders if they'll bring Dark Souls 2 back into stock.

Not sure whether I should try to order on Chrome (And if I happen to get 2 trade one in), or just wait and see...
Titanfall's showing nothing but OOS when I search it. If you can get another order in using Chrome, I'd personally try it.

If I don't see a confirmation email by morning, I'll call them with my order # until they give me a definitive yes or no on if it'll ship.

I ended up ordering GTA V and a patch cable and printed out my order receipt showing the discounted pricing.  However, when I got the email confirmation, the $30 discount completely disappeared.  I double checked my copy and sure enough, they removed it and charged my card the full price.  So disappointed as I've never seen a company confirm one thing on their website after you hit "order" and then change/remove a discount with no explanation in the email confirmation.  In process of canceling/returning the order (unless they fix the issue for me).

The codes on the first page don't seem to work anymore. They say they have already been redeemed. Maybe, just maybe they caught on?

I ended up ordering GTA V and a patch cable and printed out my order receipt showing the discounted pricing. However, when I got the email confirmation, the $30 discount completely disappeared. I double checked my copy and sure enough, they removed it and charged my card the full price. So disappointed as I've never seen a company confirm one thing on their website after you hit "order" and then change/remove a discount with no explanation in the email confirmation. In process of canceling/returning the order (unless they fix the issue for me).
Damn that sucks, hope that doesnt happen with everyone. I'd sure raise hell over it.

One thing to cancel a price mistake, another to charge a totally different price than shown

I ended up ordering GTA V and a patch cable and printed out my order receipt showing the discounted pricing. However, when I got the email confirmation, the $30 discount completely disappeared. I double checked my copy and sure enough, they removed it and charged my card the full price. So disappointed as I've never seen a company confirm one thing on their website after you hit "order" and then change/remove a discount with no explanation in the email confirmation. In process of canceling/returning the order (unless they fix the issue for me).
Wow, I probably dodged a bullet then. I just got a code and was considering getting computer parts or something semi-expensive.

This is why you obtain your own unique code and refrain from using publicly posted codes.

I actually did get my own unique code. This is why I'm disappointed about it.
Well that's some bs then! I have only ever heard of that occurring for people who use shared codes before. You should rightly demand they rectify that for you and hopefully they do. Good luck!

Weird, just glanced over on SD and people are still using them and apparently getting the deal prices (And even email confirmations).

This site is shenanigans...

For anyone having trouble with the VPN setup, try the following "Server Address" instead of the ones listed in the instructions. 

Once you successfully retrieve a code using your phone, you should be able to finish the process on the normal Staples desktop site, no further IP relaying necessary.

For anyone having trouble with the VPN setup, try the following "Server Address" instead of the ones listed in the instructions.

Once you successfully retrieve a code using your phone, you should be able to finish the process on the normal Staples desktop site, no further IP relaying necessary.
Thanks, that got me a VPN connection (none of the others I tried worked), but still can't retrieve code from my phone (follow the link and get a geographic location error).

Edit: Titanfall is OOS, of course, but there are other things I'd like to get.

Well I'm glad I got a Titanfall last night before this went crazy, kind of wishing I had grabbed a Live card instead but oh well. Long as they actually ship me the game I'll be happy enough.

Well I'm glad I got a Titanfall last night before this went crazy, kind of wishing I had grabbed a Live card instead but oh well. Long as they actually ship me the game I'll be happy enough.
fallenjedi's post still has me a little worried though. still no confirmation email for me.

fallenjedi's post still has me a little worried though. still no confirmation email for me.
Well I ordered at like 11PM last night, got the confirmation for the right amount. Still could get cancelled now that this has gone nuclear. Hear they shut it down pretty hard last time they ran this specific promo and SD generate thousands of codes and posted a list.

Well I ordered at like 11PM last night, got the confirmation for the right amount. Still could get cancelled now that this has gone nuclear. Hear they shut it down pretty hard last time they ran this specific promo and SD generate thousands of codes and posted a list.
Same here, got the confirmation with the correct price. I ordered pretty early though.

Also, would not recommend anyone try to use the same code twice in any fashion, because it looks like you might get a call! :argue:

I just checked and UPS already picked up the game and filler item and they should be here Monday unless Staples pulls a Walmart and tries to intercept a bunch of them.

Same here, got the confirmation with the correct price. I ordered pretty early though.

Also, would not recommend anyone try to use the same code twice in any fashion, because it looks like you might get a call! :argue:
Shouldn't be able to use the same code twice since they're unique and you can't use a code for the same promo twice on one account either.

I keep getting a server error every time I try to get the coupon sent to me. I tried both VPN and turning off location services and wifi. Nothing. :/

Stupid cock chug code generators.  Realized I have a second phone that I could get a text on for a second coupon and it's already used thanks to them.

I still haven't received an email for either of my orders and I can't look it up online. This is disappoint.

I still haven't received an email for either of my orders and I can't look it up online. This is disappoint.
Well on a family member's phone I got a working code so ordered Dead Rising 3 and some paper towels and got the order confirmation right away at the right price.

Well on a family member's phone I got a working code so ordered Dead Rising 3 and some paper towels and got the order confirmation right away at the right price.
You got an email about it, or just the confirmation screen after the order. I got the screen but never an email.

I just checked and UPS already picked up the game and filler item and they should be here Monday unless Staples pulls a Walmart and tries to intercept a bunch of them.

Shouldn't be able to use the same code twice since they're unique and you can't use a code for the same promo twice on one account either.
There was a single use code that could be used on multiple accounts on SD, that a lot of people used twice on different accounts.

i just had to pay full price on dark souls instead of tradeing in game to support devs that 30 bux i need now oh i could shootmyself in foot but its out of stock nohows on staples for pc oh well nother deall ike this might not happen for while

When I log into my staples account I don't see an order history with last night's order. I placed mine late though, probably around midnight PST.

Do you just put the code in the coupon section at checkout? I keep getting an error while trying to purchase ink and Super Mario 3D World. The error is

"*Coupon code
We're sorry, but coupon does not match any of our existing offers. Please check your coupon and try again."

When you get the code there should be two. Look for a link for the online code. Same happened to me. It's a little tricky.

From the (updated) OP:
Finally, according to preston181, VPNs can be used to collect information. So as soon as you get the code, for safety reasons, please disconnect from the server
You misinterpreted what I said. A Virtual Private Network, (VPN), is just that: a network that someone sets up to allow other people to log on, where whatever programs or settings that they choose can be applied. You are wide open to being monitored, (screen-capturing, keystroke-capturing, and interception of data including whatever you type/input), just by being on there. "Logging off the server" isn't going to make you any safer: just logging on and using it can compromise you.

Ask yourself this:
Why would Staples have the public log on to their VPN, (if it even is their VPN), to redeem a deal? Even more so, why would they make an offer of half off for a AAA game that just came out? I would take the IP address of the VPN and do a WHOIS search on it, and see who it belongs to, and the country of origin. We live in a world where hackers are always one step ahead, and scams are the rule, not the exception. I work in IT, and everything about this screams scam.

Is it really worth $30 off of a game to have your credit card info or identity compromised?

I'm for a killer deal just as much as anyone else, but not when it comes across as shady or risky.

A WHOIS lookup on the IP address of the VPN, (108.48.53.131), shows it is registered to www.blessthe40oz.com, a Verizon user in Washington state. Not showing affiliation with Staples.

From the (updated) OP:

You misinterpreted what I said. A Virtual Private Network, (VPN), is just that: a network that someone sets up to allow other people to log on, where whatever programs or settings that they choose can be applied. You are wide open to being monitored, (screen-capturing, keystroke-capturing, and interception of data including whatever you type/input), just by being on there. "Logging off the server" isn't going to make you any safer: just logging on and using it can compromise you.

Ask yourself this:
Why would Staples have the public log on to their VPN, (if it even is their VPN), to redeem a deal? Even more so, why would they make an offer of half off for a AAA game that just came out? I would take the IP address of the VPN and do a WHOIS search on it, and see who it belongs to, and the country of origin. We live in a world where hackers are always one step ahead, and scams are the rule, not the exception. I work in IT, and everything about this screams scam.

Is it really worth $30 off of a game to have your credit card info or identity compromised?

I'm for a killer deal just as much as anyone else, but not when it comes across as shady or risky.
what you said about vpn's are totally correct but staples doesn't you to use a vpn or anything. The offer is a targeted offer to certain regions and locations where staples are located. People found a workaround by logging into a vpn and then generating a coupon code. Which is what I just did by logging into my work's vpn, generated a coupon code and then just used it on staples site.

From the (updated) OP:

Ask yourself this:

Here the thing to the VPN everyone using is a federal government security one which if that the case 100% certain everyone using it is being tracked at this very moment I traced the address and it came up as a new government facility in connection with Verizon in Virginia about 30 Minutes Away from Washington, D.C.

Here the thing to the VPN everyone using is a federal government security one which if that the case 100% certain everyone using it is being tracked at this very moment I traced the address and it came up as a new government facility in connection with Verizon in Virginia about 30 Minutes Away from Washington, D.C.
Why would a government site use VPN and vpn as the security. Don't you think they'd ramp it up a bit?

From the (updated) OP:

Ask yourself this:

I have been on this deal for the past 5 days or so, this isn't an offer for half off titanfall, it is an offer for a coupon for $30 off any order $60 or more. (What you choose to use it for is up to you.) This isn't staples telling anyone to use a VPN, this is, when it first hit the masses almost a week ago, people ran into the "Not available in your geographical location" and tried to find a way around it, I actually, on another site, had been the one to direct people to vpngate to a working vpn I had found. But the fact is there are people who do not need a vpn, as well as people who could just turn off wifi and gps/location services and get the coupon.
I would be surprised someone managed to make such an elaborate scam that actually gives out functioning $30 off $60+ codes, on the off chance someone uses the correct vpn (Which people chose on their own as a work around).

If you are using a smart phone you can be tracked regardless of using a vpn for a minute or two... If you think the government needs you to use a vpn to be able to track you, I feel bad for your naivety.

Enough with the darned conspiracy theories, I am just glad I managed (for the most part) to get what I needed computer part wise ($30 off $60 is a INSANE deal for computer parts) before it hit the uber masses.

Aww man, getting the system error too. I was going to pick up some 3DS games.

I have been on this deal for the past 5 days or so, this isn't an offer for half off titanfall, it is an offer for a coupon for $30 off any order $60 or more. (What you choose to use it for is up to you.) This isn't staples telling anyone to use a VPN, this is, when it first hit the masses almost a week ago, people ran into the "Not available in your geographical location" and tried to find a way around it, I actually, on another site, had been the one to direct people to vpngate to a working vpn I had found. But the fact is there are people who do not need a vpn, as well as people who could just turn off wifi and gps/location services and get the coupon.
I would be surprised someone managed to make such an elaborate scam that actually gives out functioning $30 off $60+ codes, on the off chance someone uses the correct vpn (Which people chose on their own as a work around).

If you are using a smart phone you can be tracked regardless of using a vpn for a minute or two... If you think the government needs you to use a vpn to be able to track you, I feel bad for your naivety.

Enough with the darned conspiracy theories, I am just glad I managed (for the most part) to get what I needed computer part wise ($30 off $60 is a INSANE deal for computer parts) before it hit the uber masses.
Why would a government site use VPN and vpn as the security. Don't you think they'd ramp it up a bit?
well everyone is using the vpn 108.48.53.131 right? well here is the info on that vpn:

OrgName: Verizon Online LLC
OrgId: VRIS
Address: 22001 Loudoun County Parkway
City: Ashburn
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20147
RegDate:
Updated: 2010-08-17
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/VRIS

and the address listed with that vpn is for this place: Verizon Government Network Operations Security Center http://www.verizonenterprise.com/solutions/public_sector/federal/contracts/dtsp2/contact/gnosc.xml

https://enterpriseportalcontent.mci.com/NE/public/AMER/AccountTeam/ContractorPrgrmOrg.htm

all im saying is becareful since the vpn you all getting into is a sensitive one cause the vpn associated is linked to a part of Verizon that does work with the federal government dealing with security

bread's done
Back