TiVo Deals (Ends April 30th!!)

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.tivo.com/0.11.welcomeback.asp

It's a welcome back program, but they aren't actually checking to see if you've ever had the service.

You can get:

A.) 80hr Dual Tuner Series 2 for $70

B.) 180hr Dual Tuner Series 2 for $120

C.) 300hr Dual Tuner Series 3 HD for $500

Once you've picked the one you want, you sign up for their payment plan, which is no different from their usual payment plans and that's it. Also, no matter what you go with, you'll get a free wireless adapter to go with it.

if you can get a DVR though your cable company i have no idea why anyone would deal with tivo (if you just want to watch the stuff on your tv)

BEST PIC on TIVO

80 hours = 24 hours

compair to cable DVR = 60+

so your gonig to need to buy the 180 hour just to match up with the cable ones . and why spend 120 bucks for a box when you get it free.

Now the 300 hours is tempting but 500 bucks is way too much

[quote name='slidecage']if you can get a DVR though your cable company i have no idea why anyone would deal with tivo (if you just want to watch the stuff on your tv)

BEST PIC on TIVO

80 hours = 24 hours

compair to cable DVR = 60+

so your gonig to need to buy the 180 hour just to match up with the cable ones . and why spend 120 bucks for a box when you get it free.

Now the 300 hours is tempting but 500 bucks is way too much[/quote]
The cable company owns your DVR and your service. They can put limitations on what you can do with it. And yes, I know you can record two digital sources at the same time.

With TiVo I can do the following:
1) Record shows from my OTA/cable source. From one analog source and one digital source at the same time with a DT TiVo.
2) Pause live TV.
3) Watch shows on my PC from the Tivo's recorded shows.
4) Copy shows from my Tivo via my PC to my iPod/PSP/PMP/whatever.
5) Copy shows between multiple Tivos for watching in different rooms.
6) Display photos or listen to music from my PC.
7) Upload home movies or other video files to the Internet and down to my Tivo.
8) Rent/buy movies from Amazon Unbox and play them on my Tivo.
9) Burn my recorded shows to DVD either through a Tivo w/DVD recorder or from my PC with DVD recording software.
10) Use a 12-day guide for programming.
11) Schedule recording online for shows I'd like to watch, either from the Tivo.com website, on a Verizon cellphone.

I could go on, though I'd continue to embarass you. STFU, slidecage, and think before you open your mouth about something you have no idea about. Unless you've tried it and used it for more than five minutes, STFU.

I wish there was a way to upgrade my series 2 to a series 3 so I could record HD. Other than that, I love my Tivo for all the reasons Shrike listed.

[quote name='chakan']I wish there was a way to upgrade my series 2 to a series 3 so I could record HD. Other than that, I love my Tivo for all the reasons Shrike listed.[/QUOTE]

You can record HD with a normal tivo is just doesn't look hd.

I have an HD box, and record a lot of stuff off the HD channels.

One thing shrike forgot to mention or I overlooked it that you can mod your tivo with a bigger hard drive. You mod the cable complanys box you'll end up owing them $600+. Tivo you can mod it all the way up to a 1000 hour hdd.

Or you can buy them ready to go.

http://www.weaknees.com/index.php?gclid=CPv9z7C244sCFSMKGgodlCmLVw

I have a 260 hour modded tivo.

Does TiVo still have the one-time payment option where you pay them a lump sum and get Tivo service for life? I was going to buy a Tivo with that recently but my brother said it's no longer available.

Anyone tried using a TiVO with the new DirecTV HD receiver?

My old HDVR2 died, and DTV replaced it with one of theirs. The user interface is less than user friendly...

Personally, I have both a (series 2) Tivo and a HD DVR cable box (DCT6412) and the Tivo is far better in design and function, but it loses on the pure fact that they charge way too much for their service. My cable DVR only costs $7/mo I Tivo through the old plan of $19.95/mo for a year & keep the box but when the year was up, they wouldn't give me the $12.95/mo deal. I was told I would have to rebuy another box to get that price.

[quote name='oyabun']Anyone tried using a TiVO with the new DirecTV HD receiver?

My old HDVR2 died, and DTV replaced it with one of theirs. The user interface is less than user friendly...[/quote]
- Why not look for a used HR10-250 on eBay?

[quote name='shrike4242']The cable company owns your DVR and your service. They can put limitations on what you can do with it. And yes, I know you can record two digital sources at the same time.

With TiVo I can do the following:
1) Record shows from my OTA/cable source. From one analog source and one digital source at the same time with a DT TiVo.

i think you can do the same with cable dvr

2) Pause live TV.

You can pause live tv up to 45 mins on my cable dvr

3) Watch shows on my PC from the Tivo's recorded shows.

coming soon

4) Copy shows from my Tivo via my PC to my iPod/PSP/PMP/whatever.

unknown

5) Copy shows between multiple Tivos for watching in different rooms.

talk about this coming (there is a slot on the dvr box where you can stick memory sticks into them

6) Display photos or listen to music from my PC.

comcast has stated that we will be able to watch photos this xmas doubtful

7) Upload home movies or other video files to the Internet and down to my Tivo.

unknown

8) Rent/buy movies from Amazon Unbox and play them on my Tivo.

no interest in this

9) Burn my recorded shows to DVD either through a Tivo w/DVD recorder or from my PC with DVD recording software.

i can put my comcast dvr shows on DVD by running my dvd burner to my dvr box ... pain in the ass to do though

10) Use a 12-day guide for programming.

i think comcast has 30 days

11) Schedule recording online for shows I'd like to watch, either from the Tivo.com website, on a Verizon cellphone.

comcast has said this is coming this summer (though i dont see how they dont even have cell phones)

I could go on, though I'd continue to embarass you. STFU, slidecage, and think before you open your mouth about something you have no idea about. Unless you've tried it and used it for more than five minutes, STFU

i have had tivo for 1 month back in 2003 and hated it (the time limits on the box was way too low and the picture just sucked if you upped it.) I had a comcast DVR since Aug 2003 (i was in beta testing for the single tuner ) and had the duel turner since it came out in 2005??

if all your looking for is Just taping stuff and watching the stuff on TV your locally cable company DVR is the way to go. Comcast made a deal with TIVO a few years back and 75-80% of all the features TIVO has will be in the comcast DVR box this winter.

tivo has always been behind i mean look how long it taken them to come out with a cheap HD DVR while you get it free though your cable company.

yes years ago tivo was a smart way to go when you could have LIFETIME and never pay again but now you will always pay the monthly fee.

its going to be interstesting in a few years once the DVD Recorders with hard drives come down to around 200 bucks or so. who will pay a monthly fee for anything when i can get a DVD Recorder with 300 hour hard drive for 200 bucks.

The less things my cable company does and gets money from me the better.

Piece of shit Chater! fuck you Charter!

bread's done
Back