TMNT : Bluray Set $19.49 at B&N

I wish this would sell out already so I would stop being tempted. I really want it, but the lack of cases kills it for me. By the time I order this, spare cases and get some glossy paper to make the cover art, it'll end up being $30+. I don't wannaaaaa

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I just bought the set from Amazon... just $25...

Was it a good deal too?[/QUOTE]

You paid about 7~9 too much.

Waited too long to decide, and now it's dead (price is now ~$38). I really wish the box wasn't so damn big. I could see them shrinking it by a third and still having the pizza theme and fitting everything inside. seems like it's unnecessarily thick.

it's really not that big - its just over the size of 4 blu-rays. I havent opened mine to see how much empty space there might be , but with the beanie inside id be surprised if there was much.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Waited too long to decide, and now it's dead (price is now ~$38). I really wish the box wasn't so damn big. I could see them shrinking it by a third and still having the pizza theme and fitting everything inside. seems like it's unnecessarily thick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is pretty big, most of that space is there just for the extra stuff. I also don't like how the disc are put in there either. I wish we could have gotten something similar to the dvd packaging.

I know it's a bit more money but Amazon does have it for I think $28 right now.

Price match at BB, they accepted it! Hells yeah!

Try to do a pick up in store at B&N but they had it for $84.99 and said their online store is different then their retail, they don't honor the prices, nor could change it. I was WTF!, so that's why I did it at BB! Thanks for the heads up on this deal, so stoked!

[FONT=verdana, arial]"We apologize, but despite our efforts, we weren't able to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. These items have been canceled from your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to your next visit to http://www.bn.com.

Thank you for shopping with us."

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]This part of your order has been canceled: [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Film Collection

:cry::cry:

Ordered quite early on too... Oh well, I really debated on ordering in the first place since I didn't really like the packaging but the price won me over. Guess I don't have to worry about custom covers now!
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][/FONT][/FONT]

I just sent them an email. Some people on here have stated that their copies have already shipped. I told them it's in stock, I've been giving them a lot of my business this holiday season and there should be no reason to cancel my order. We'll see what happens.

on the phone right now about it, they're telling me that the order was cancelled because they didnt expect to be able to ship it within 30 days of the purchase day and this is criteria by which they judge whether or not they will cancel an order. No explanation as to why it is back on the website though, waiting for me to try again at a higher price. We are currently trying to replace my order, but it is apparently likely that the same thing will happen.

gonna try to pricematch tonight.

I was curious about this forum still, it so happens that my turtle order was cancelled, well i guess I'm gonna have to wait til the price drops somewhere, we are on a mission people! I'm determined to find this movie now, ninja vanish!

PS. Barnes & Noble, You Suck :fridge:

My order was cancelled to. Just a suggestion but everyone file a report thru the BBB. 99% of the time it does nothing but it dings their record and if they want to fix it they have to pay to have their ranking improved. Also if they start getting multiple dings for the same item they might do something about it. If anyone wants here's what I sent them

"Barnes and Noble advertised a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Bluray set on their site for $19.49. Order was placed, got my confirmation. Today they claim that the order was out of stock and cancelled it for no reason. I check the site and see that the item has jumped up in price almost $40 and is STILL listed as shipping within 24 hours.
They claim that its a mistake, and that they don't have it in stock. They suggested I order it later and hope that its in stock then and pay the higher price since they won't honor the price they sold it at before.
All I want is either the item I ordered or a raincheck at the price they were selling it at before. If they can't maintain an accurate website and incorrectly list items as being in stock when they aren't then they should do everything in their effort to fulfill the order, not cancel it less then 24 hours after it was placed with no effort to fill it.
Here is the link to the item - http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...282/?itm=16&USRI=teenage+mutant+ninja+turtles
the order # is "

[quote name='supershammy']on the phone right now about it, they're telling me that the order was cancelled because they didnt expect to be able to ship it within 30 days of the purchase day and this is criteria by which they judge whether or not they will cancel an order. No explanation as to why it is back on the website though, waiting for me to try again at a higher price. We are currently trying to replace my order, but it is apparently likely that the same thing will happen.

gonna try to pricematch tonight.[/QUOTE]

Just finished my series of calls... got the same deal. Was told to reorder at the $58~ price and they would honor my price yesterday. When I called back, they said that they could not do this because it was a limited price, first come first served... needless to say, I canceled my additional order.

It's fucked up, because I was one of the first people in the original Life thread to jump on these deals, and thus I should have fallen into the "first come" category... but whatever.

Long story short, none of us are going to have the price honored.

Now it's $58 bucks? lmao....It was at $35 when I saw it earlier today which made me say "crap I missed it", but this is funny as hell.

All I know is that it is very unfortunate that Barnes & Noble cancelled the order due to some sort of glitch. Whatever, whenever went wrong the price should still be honored and next time they should be more careful. I really want this product but at this point I am ok with shrugging my shoulders and moving on to another company. Bad business practices just create loss opportunities.

Off topic just wanna remind people about the CAG Fund Child's Play 2010 Charity
( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278463 )
Let us give to those who aren't so fortunate to game themselves. Happy Holidays Gamers!

I remember when Amazon(and I think even these guys too) had the Marvel Omnibus book snafu earlier in the year. When Amazon canceled my orders for those, they stated it was because of a pricing error, which was obvious and I could deal with it, and still gave me a $25 credit. This here is a whole nother story. They're claiming no stock, yet still list it as available in 24 hours. Very shady. Screw these guys. They fudged over my Street Fighter TE stick way back before they came out too for selling it at the wrong price. I can understand an isolated incident, but this is now a habit of errors with zero consequence.

After 30 minutes on the phone, I ultimately learned that the order might be fulfillable within 2 weeks since it is on backorder, and as such we replaced my order at the new price with a note added that the difference will be refunded to me after it ships. So for now I will be be charged the current price, with the difference coming to me in a coupla weeks. oh well. Close enough!

EDIT: WOO SCHEDULED TO SHIP! Did anyone's orders cancel after they received a 'scheduled to ship' notification?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird. I ordered it late in the day and just got an email that it is scheduled to ship. I'm sorry that everyone is having trouble, but there is still hope, isn't there?

Hmmm..they've charged my account (I ordered it yesterday) and the only email I have received has been the "You order has been received" one. They haven't sent any other emails, so I don't know what they are doing. The order is still listed as "Not yet shipped". I hope they make up their mind - Amazon has this for a few bucks more, and if B&N doesn't ship it soon Amazon will get my business...again.

Might as well mark it dead!

But if any of you was smart or lucky enough to print out the $19.49 price from BN.com, go price match it at Best Buy, that's what I did and they honored it! Just said that Barnes & Noble is selling it for that price and they were like, OK! Awesome!

very disappointed, never dealed with Barnes & Noble online before so this doesn't exactly paint a good picture for them in my mind. Will see if my Austin Powers I ordered will ship if they cancel it as well than I really will be pissed. Picked up the Turtle collection on Amazon for $28.99 total so not too much more and I know I can trust Amazon.

I'm pissed because I ordered some other not really cheap stuff to get free shipping and they are still sending it with no discount applied. If I can do instore returns I'm just going to take it all back.

I called the CS AGAIN, bitched and talked them into re-creating an order and honoring the original price sans coupon. So lets see what will happen

I wish I had the motivation to call up and complain, but at this point I think I'd rather just return the other item. Though I'll be stuck with a gift card then so they'll get my money regardless.

I ordered this with another blu. TMNT was cancelled but I got a "Scheduled to Ship" email for the other item. This morning I wake up and I have a "Your order has been delayed" email stating that my 2nd item won't even ship now. B&N.com needs to get their act together.

"We apologize, but due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the item(s) listed below in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We anticipate that your item(s) will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.) As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse."

I got my "Scheduled to Ship" email from B&N Last night for this item, however it states its going to ship on 12/15/10.

Better late then never... hopefully.

[quote name='king9x']I got my "Scheduled to Ship" email from B&N Last night for this item, however it states its going to ship on 12/15/10.

Better late then never... hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Yeah. Mine is scheduled for 12/14. The urge to cancel and just pay the extra 8 bucks on Amazon is tempting...

EDIT: HAHA. It won't let me cancel it, even though it doesn't ship for another 3 weeks. Faaaaantastic.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm pissed because I ordered some other not really cheap stuff to get free shipping and they are still sending it with no discount applied. If I can do instore returns I'm just going to take it all back.[/QUOTE]

They take online returns in store. I ordered a movie online and then took it to the store and used my 10% off membership and a coupon. Or if you want a refund, they will put it back on your cc.

bread's done
Back