TMNT Classic Series DVDs?

WatchdogXC

CAGiversary!
What are the best deals on the TMNT Classic Animated Series DVDs? From the little bit I've looked up, some are in season, others are in volumes. Have there been any complete sets? I'd be willing to pay more for convenience of getting them all rather than multiple volumes along with full seasons.

Thanks

A complete set might be on the way, but there's nothing like that yet. I'm still waiting for deals on the Season 7 "slices" before I get them.

Volume 1 = season 1
Volumes 2-6 = season 2-3
Season 4-6 = that
Slices 1-4 = season 7

There aren't any repeats in the volumes/seasons. Volumes 2-6 have at least 12 episodes each, they're worth the price-tag. It's not at all like the Clone Wars where they put 4 episodes on each.

You'll pretty much need to buy all of the volumes and seasons to complete the series thus far.

Deepdiscount.com has had many B1G1Free kids shows sales with some of the volumes (never 5, though, I had to buy mine from Amazon) included and almost always seasons 4-6 (4 = $19.99, 5&6 $14.99/$7.50 each after B1G1Free). I'm hoping the next sale will include the slices so they'll be $5 each.

There are 10 (9?) seasons in all, but the last 2 or so are mostly rubbish. I wouldn't expect a full series set anytime soon, and if it ever happens, it'll be very, very expensive.

I'm currently watching volume 6 with my 2-year-old son, he loves the turtles. The dialogue is really starting to pick up in terms of quality and gut-busting laughs.

Casey Jones: "Who's the nutcase now?"
Raphael: "You are, but thanks for saving our shells!"

Extremely YMMV, but the WalMart here in my hometown has all slices of season 7 (there's 4 of them, as mentioned, and they also contain a Turtle action figure) for $9.99 each.

So for $40, you get 4 figures and the entire season.

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']Extremely YMMV, but the WalMart here in my hometown has all slices of season 7 (there's 4 of them, as mentioned, and they also contain a Turtle action figure) for $9.99 each.

So for $40, you get 4 figures and the entire season.[/QUOTE]Same here, I assumed it was universal. Best Buy has the same thing going on (both in-store and on their website) along with Amazon.com.

$40 isn't horrible but I think $20 total (like Kerig is talking about) would be far more reasonable. I believe the figures are the same tiny versions of the old figures that you could already pick up for a dollar each at the Dollar General. I have a set that is almost exactly like them, so personally speaking I'm not worried about missing out on those. I might just buy the DVDs used if a deal doesn't roll along, but I can be patient in the meanwhile.

Thanks, looks like for all the ones available it is going to be around $135 at Amazon. I'm going to hold off a bit though as that is a lot of cash on something I'm not sure if I'd enjoy as much anymore although I used to love the series.

I totally lost track after vol 3 or 4. Forgot to buy the rest and misplace 3 or 4...so I don't know if I need 3 or 4 *shrugs*

I found season 3 and season 5 at Big Lots for $2 each back in february. They were mixed in with the anime DVD's and the PC games.

I ended up getting caught up thanks to a Barnes and Nobles deal online where I got every Volume/Season I lacked for cheap. Now I need to spot the Slices.

Why won't they just agree on a format and stick? Volumes, Seasons, Slices....it's far too annoying to continue with beyond 7, especially when as mentioned the last few seasons went to mush. And whats up with Season 4? Did they REALLY need to make a completely bastardized casing for it? It's bullshit and means I have to keep the plastic box it comes in to prevent damage to the 3-D turtle on the front OR make my entire rack on that shelf look retarded because there isn't a flat smooth surface for it to file in with.

It's like a different company handled each phase's release. The last three seasons especially varied the most. Season 4 with the 3-D turtle, Season 5 with the Pizza Box design and then Season 6 looked.....well it looked normal for a change. What's the quirk with these four slices are they each little pizza triangles for added annoyance?

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I found season 3 and season 5 at Big Lots for $2 each back in february. They were mixed in with the anime DVD's and the PC games.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as there is no Season 3 set..I'm going to assume you found Volumes 3 and 5 for $2.

if you look around you can find most of the releases for between $3-10. no need to spend 135 on amazon. a complete series set inside a turtle van casing could be cool. or a technodrome.

I remember trying to watch this a while ago and feeling a small piece of my childhood dying because the animation was so bad and they recycled the battle animations. It's one of those things I'll just have to remember fondly. I'm glad some people can still enjoy the show.

the old school TMNT rocks so hard. I was hoping they would have the entire set on blu ray or something. I hope they come out with something like that because i am waiting for it

As much as I'd love to begin collecting TMNT on DVD because I was such a huge fan of the show as a kid, the release is overly complicated. I'm holding out for a complete set. No clue how long it'll take for that, but it is inevitable... Right?

[quote name='Raye']As much as I'd love to begin collecting TMNT on DVD because I was such a huge fan of the show as a kid, the release is overly complicated. I'm holding out for a complete set. No clue how long it'll take for that, but it is inevitable... Right?[/QUOTE]

If they do release a complete set, I just hope that they include the missing episodes from season 5.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They won't, they are missing for legal issues.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what are the issues?

[quote name='Kerig']I'm currently watching volume 6 with my 2-year-old son, he loves the turtles. The dialogue is really starting to pick up in terms of quality and gut-busting laughs.

Casey Jones: "Who's the nutcase now?"
Raphael: "You are, but thanks for saving our shells!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah when you think about the target audience (which was us when we were younger) the show is still great. Even the movie, I was watching TMNT III live action with my son a few weeks back.

*Japanese guys start getting rowdy*
Casey Jones: "Whoa, Whoa, you guys need to get a little herbal"

I dont know if that was the exact line but i was just like wow cant believe he just said that lol.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']Just curious, what are the issues?[/QUOTE]I'd like to know about the legal issues on the missing episodes as well, bigdaddy, because I can't seem to find anything about that.

Also, there may be some good deals on the new set that combines the slices that's coming out in November:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Season-7-Box-Art/12450

Even at $9.99 a slice this new set will be cheaper, so if someone like Amazon or Wal-Mart chops a few dollars off of it then it should be very reasonable.

bread's done
Back