TMNT Season 5 $19.99 at Kmart *pix of the packaging inside*

darth007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I went to Kmart looking for clearance games and found crap. I did buy TMNT Season 5 for $12.99 though. I believe this is the cheapest price for it anywhere. This is the old cartoon from the 80's-90's for those who don't know. The packaging is radical dude.
DSC02244.jpg

This is everthing put together, slipcase and all.
DSC02246.jpg

This is the awesome pizza box on the left, slipcase on the right.
DSC02247.jpg

The opened pizza box which houses a trifold case for the 3 dvds.
DSC02248.jpg

This is everything included.
DSC02251.jpg

Aww its Raph with a chef hat.

Oh and on another topic don't bother with the figures at CC for the TMNT movie. They're 2" and you only get 1 with the dvd. Not sure if you can buy the rest though.

EDIT:pRICE IS $19.99 NOW. It was $12.99 from 8/7-8/11 only.

Man that's awesome dude. I got one question though. I have volumes 1-4, so when it says "Season 5" does that mean its "volume 5" as well?

That is really cool packaging.

And I second the question about the volumes and seasons. How many volumes are there before they did seasons? I'm thinknig about chekcing out CC for the volumes 3 and 4, but I don't understand the order.

nooooo Volumes 1-6 are seasons 1-3. Next in the dvd line is Season 4, Not to be confused with the new cartoon season 4. The old series season 4 dvd set is purple and has a a 3d face of one of the turtles on the cover. Now the latest dvd of the old cartoon is this season 5 one.

The numbering is kind of confusing but i'll explain a little better than the fellow CAGs.

Volume 1 = All of season 1(5 episodes) + 4 episodes of thelast season (in fact its not even called Volume 1)
Volume 2 - All of season 2 (13 episodes)

Now since Season 3 was so huge they decided to divide it into cheaper volumes:
Volume 3 - First 12 episodes of Season 3
Volume 4 - Next 12 episodes of S3
Volume 5 - Next 12 episodes of S3
Volume 6 - Final 11 episodes of S3 and first episode of S4

After that to cash in with the movie and because apparently they sold well they went with season sets.

Season 4 - 40 episodes (all 39 episodes of S4 (including the one from V.6) an 1 episode of Season 5)

[quote name='sdp']The numbering is kind of confusing but i'll explain a little better than the fellow CAGs.

Volume 1 = All of season 1(5 episodes) + 4 episodes of thelast season (in fact its not even called Volume 1)

After that to cash in with the movie and because apparently they sold well they went with season sets.

Season 4 - 40 episodes (all 39 episodes of S4 (including the one from V.6) an 1 episode of Season 5)[/quote]Thanks for clearing that up! Now I gotta catch up with these.

[quote name='chakan']I must own that.

Even if it means, and I do shudder at the thought, going to Kmart[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was thinking.

Also Family video is carrying the set for 16.99. If you are a first time buyer you can get $5 off with their coupons. Also they have a Free shipping code: NEWMEMFS, for those that have already used their $5 coupon. The Free shipping code can only be used once btw...

[quote name='darth007']Si, it's in Kmart's weekly ad. After Saturday it'll be $19.99.[/quote]

$20 still seems like a good price for 40 episodes.

Possibly of note to those in this thread (just posted this in the weekly ads):

In addition to Volumes 3 (and maybe 4) on sale for $3.99 at CC, Best Buy has Volumes 1 and 2 on sale for $6.99, which are not listed in speedy's thread.

Wasn't there a bunch of collections of the single volumes? I have never been more confused with any DVD release than with these.

Cool I have all of them but this one. I think I may go pick it up today, is it confirmed $12.99 everywhere?

EDIT: Went and picked it up today, thanks OP!

PM'd at Best Buy, guy hemmed and hawed about calling K-Mart, then decided against it and just gave me the $10 off (they have it priced at $22.99).

That box set looks sweet! I like how they put the DVDs in a pizza box, how original... cowabunga! I'll try to see if my local BB will PM Kmarts price later this week, thanks for the info.

[quote name='Chinky50']That box set looks sweet! I like how they put the DVDs in a pizza box, how original... cowabunga! I'll try to see if my local BB will PM Kmarts price later this week, thanks for the info.[/quote]

I liked the nutrition information on the bottom, its totally awesome dude...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wasn't there a bunch of collections of the single volumes? I have never been more confused with any DVD release than with these.[/QUOTE]

It varies by store. I picked up Vol. 2 and 3 for $12 at Target. My wife found sets of Vol. 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 at Sams for about $10 a piece.

Damn, that's a good price. I've got all the previous volumes and season 4 as well, so this is a must have for me.

Wish I had got them at some of the sweet prices you guys have been posting though, although they weren't too bad at 20% off on DDD, plus I've watched them all quite a bit.

I wish I could have gotten this for that price as well, I bought it for $19.99 at Target. But I didnt really have a choice. Got trade in credit at FYE and they didnt have it there, so I exchanged a dvd I bought there for TMNT at Target.

[quote name='sdp']The numbering is kind of confusing but i'll explain a little better than the fellow CAGs.

Season 4 - 40 episodes (all 39 episodes of S4 (including the one from V.6) an 1 episode of Season 5)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that. I'm going to refer back to this more than once I'm sure.

[quote name='beane316']Just spent $9 in fun cash with Columbia House and got this for a mere $2.99 or just the shipping cost! :D[/quote]

I thought about doing that as well, except i think they put the wrong picture on the site. The description says 1 disc, i think you might be getting volume 5 instead of season 5. Please post if this works out or not.

Yea, I thought about that too, but when I enlarge the picture, you can read 3 discs...but yea we'll see and I'll definitely post when I get it :)

I ordered it from Columbia House as I thought I found it for cheap. Turns out they have the wrong picture and listing, what they actually send is Volume 5 not season 5.

[quote name='Ronin4223']I ordered it from Columbia House as I thought I found it for cheap. Turns out they have the wrong picture and listing, what they actually send is Volume 5 not season 5.[/quote]

yup, just got mine today and that's what I got unfortunately

This is freaking awesome. I had to pick up a present for my little brother and he is most definitely going to go NUTS over this. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Nealocus123']This is freaking awesome. I had to pick up a present for my little brother and he is most definitely going to go NUTS over this. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Yw, just as long as your lil bro is good with taking care of stuff. My 2yr old nephew totally stomped the shit out my pizza box. Needless to say I was really, really pissed off.

bread's done
Back