TMNT: Shredder's Revenge $10 on Mexican eShop

I went through the process too, but I'm just wondering how this will work. I switched back to the United States territory after making the purchase... will I have to switch back to Mexico whenever I want to play this, or once it's installed, is the game just there for you to play regardless of territory?

I went through the process too, but I'm just wondering how this will work. I switched back to the United States territory after making the purchase... will I have to switch back to Mexico whenever I want to play this, or once it's installed, is the game just there for you to play regardless of territory?
Once installed you can just play it from anywhere. I've done this multiple times since owning a Switch.

Damn I can't switch countries because my son's linked supervised account has an eShop balance.  

Turtles isn't worth $25 or whatever for me but for $10 I'd give it a shot.  

Too bad for me lol.

Damn I can't switch countries because my son's linked supervised account has an eShop balance.

Too bad for me lol.
Aww that happened to me before. Just get him some surprise vbucks lol. Works for my son all the time.

You have to use your shop balance and have it at $0 before changing region to Mexico. Otherwise, it won’t work. I had a balance and bought a digital game on sale making my balance $0 then changed my region to Mexico and bought tmnt with my linked PayPal account. Once done, change region back to your original one and enjoy! Remove PayPal linked if you’d like to as well. Thanks op for this deal!

You have to use your shop balance and have it at $0 before changing region to Mexico. Otherwise, it won’t work. I had a balance and bought a digital game on sale making my balance $0 then changed my region to Mexico and bought tmnt with my linked PayPal account. Once done, change region back to your original one and enjoy! Remove PayPal linked if you’d like to as well. Thanks op for this deal!
It also happens if there is an account in your family group that has a balance, not just yourself having a balance.

Wow, they're gonna make me wait for this one. I thought maybe the purchase didn't work but I went to Game Pass and it's not there either. Come oooooon! This should have been available at midnight on the dot!

I used a PayPal account; they let you exchange currency between countries without the hassle. Also, it's my understanding that if you have any funds remaining in your Nintendo account, you can't buy games from other territories.

Anyway. The game works now. Apparently Nintendo opened the release valve at 8AM CST.

Thank you, OP!  Great deal for an amazing game!  Brings back many memories.  Playing w/ my son this weekend on the cheap makes it even sweeter!  

Anyone else in the situation like me where you can't change region, I followed these steps to make another account and used the gmail dot trick to use my same email address, and I just got it for $10 and it's now on my Switch.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/guide/how-to-buy-switch-eshop-games-from-different-regions-like-japan/
For Mexico just go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit

Change to region to Mexico. Go on your switch and go to the eShop. It will have you re-login. Once done it will be on the mexico eShop. Once you purchase, follow the same steps to change back. In order for this to work you have to have a zero balance in your eShop wallet.

Why not change your account region to Colombia instead of Mexico, since the price of TMNT is evidently ~$7 in the Colombian eShop? Is it because PayPal isn’t accepted as payment there? Legitimate question.

Why not change your account region to Colombia instead of Mexico, since the price of TMNT is evidently ~$7 in the Colombian eShop? Is it because PayPal isn’t accepted as payment there? Legitimate question.
I remember purchasing from the Argentina store required more hoops to jump through and I imagine Columbia is the same.

Too bad for me lol.
Unless you are currently using ALL 8 accounts in your family plan:

1) Make a new "generic" account, add to the family plan.

2) Make the new account the ADMIN, and not you.

3) You can now switch regions on your account, if the balance is 0.

Child accounts with balances only prevent you from switching if you are the admin. If you make an "admin account' OTHER than yours, you can switch with your account.

You can change admin easily, too...

I personally find this game pretty boring.  It is a chore to play after like 2 levels.  I'm on level 15 in story mode and have no desire to even finish it.  Glad I only paid $10 for it.

bread's done
Back