To all next-gen CAGHLers

METH

CAGiversary!
So video game hockey fans, what is it going to be this year?

2K Sports: NHL 2K7

or

EA's NHL '07

.... let me know who's the fan favorite for this upcoming NHL season. I am really considering EA's game this year even though i've been a 2K fanboy for the last 3 years.

Should've made as a POLL.

Most previews seem to point towars NHL 07 (EA)
EA is supposed to have dual analog control where the right analog pretty much controls everything.

EA is going to be best this year. Just look at all the vids and previews. I think this will be true for hockey and bball. Just not football

[quote name='METH']So video game hockey fans, what is it going to be this year?

2K Sports: NHL 2K7

or

EA's NHL '07

.... let me know who's the fan favorite for this upcoming NHL season. I am really considering EA's game this year even though i've been a 2K fanboy for the last 3 years.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA when I opend this post I was the hockey part so I immediately looked to see if you were Canadian, an you are!

I have b een going with 2K for awhile now. But this is the first year I am unsure. Hopefully we will get a demo of the EA one on the marketplace soon.

[quote name='fieldkillah']NHL 2k7, I don't trust EA hockey since NHL 2002 (while not a bad game, it was as realistic as NFL blitz is to football)[/quote]

I agree EA takes over all rights and companies and destroys their reputation, I mean look at Westwood the makes of Command&Conquer one the most popular war strategy games in history they killed it with their first person crappy game that came out, like wtf who makes a first person game about War Strategy???WHO!!

More features announced for 2K7 to help you choose: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11699/2K-Announces-Features-for-NHL-2K7/

[quote name='Team Xbox']NHL 2K7 brings all of the intensity and excitement of team rivalries, with the new Rivalry System. In the Rivalry System, the season calendar helps players track their rivals and when they play them. As the season progresses, rivals can change depending on how the teams play against each other and the outcome of the games. A rivalry can increase, for example, if two teams have a set of particularly aggressive games, or if they face each other in repeated playoff series. Additionally, teams not originally listed as rivals can become rivals based on these various events. This dynamic Rivalry System adds a new level of drama when experiencing Franchise mode in NHL 2K7.[/quote]
[quote name='Team Xbox']New to NHL 2K7 is a completely overhauled skating engine that delivers silky, smooth animations at 60 frames-per-second, adding a realistic look and feel to the game. Players now lean and crossover during turns as well as deftly transition from forward to backward skating, enhancing the visual experience and also adding the ability to better position players for passes and offensive opportunities. More checking variations improve contact along the boards and in open ice while innovative Right Analog controls offer fully analog stick movement, giving players the power to decide where they want to move the stick, unlike any other hockey video game available. Other franchise favorites include deke moves, fully analog defensive stick maneuvers, revamped puck physics and rebounds, adding up to the finest NHL video game experience on any console.[/quote]
Seems like some nice improvements, I'd still keep my money on the 2K7 side.

[quote name='Sejad']HAHAHAHA when I opend this post I was the hockey part so I immediately looked to see if you were Canadian, an you are![/QUOTE]

Hahahaha... so typical eh? :p

[quote name='doubledown']I think people hate EA so much that they will just get 2K7. However, most previews are pointing towars NHL 07[/quote]

Your basing your statement off of the right stick analog controls? The one thing i'll give that NHL '07 has vs. 2K7 is the faces. EA is great at getting the faces, just too bad i dont give a flying fuck about them when i'm playing from the top.

2K7 has always just felt better as far as hockey goes. I played for 8 years with the Naperville Huskies and 2K7 just feels like i can replicate my plays and styles on the ice. Plus setting up plays in 2K7 just works like it does in RL hockey.

I'm not to quick to judge 07 though, i will definatley still play it. The problem with all the EA games is that they focus on the checking aspect of the game and with the new rules and changes made to the NHL checking really isn't the biggest aspect of the game, its all about the open ice and getting your plays set up. NHL 06 was a gigantic check fest and i dont understand why these guys who say they love hockey and its in the game blah blah can't understand to make a hockey game about finese not braun.

Oh well thats my two cents man, 2K7 looks extremely promising though, i call detroit for the leagues chicken fuckers

So, you played 2K7 already? I was just stating that most previewers are saying NHL 07 is the better game....I don't know, I usualyl went with 2K series anyways. Last year was ok, but lots of glitches in the franchise it seemed.

I would love to see NHL street.. high impact 3 on 3 roller hockey. I'll probably grab EA's game, assuming it delivers more monster checks. I'm not a true hockey fan, my friends and I just enjoy skating around and laying each other out (we still played NHL 2001 until last year).

2k has been milking the same game engine since 2k3. The gameplay is good, but theres only so much I can take, especially since they are touting orchestra music as their "big new feature".

This is playing out exaclty the same way that Ea lost their crown as the top hockey title to 2k, 5 years ago.

2k has lost the desire to innovate gameplay and are just adding junk features. Thank god Ea decided to go with a new engine altogether and focus on gameplay for next gen.

I have to go with 2K7 also because of the on-line league option, its so much easier to operate a league. Plus I like being able to trade players, and being able to have set rule and settings options through all the games. And it looks like you can do that only via 2K7 this year.

Well since the NHL 07 demo is up, i guess that will help everyone decide. The marketplace has become such a good thing.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The NHL 07 demo looks beautiful. The reflections on the ice are especially nice.[/QUOTE]
To bad its only shootout. I still dont know which game to get. But you are right the game does look great.

Holy shit, NHL 07 looks nice. It looks like it's gonna take quite a while to figure out the stick handling completely, but it's pretty exhilirating when you score a goal. I exclaimed to myself "holy shit" when I did a 180 to my backhand side, spun back to my forehand side and shot a wrister 5-hole. Sweet.

[quote name='Maynard']Your basing your statement off of the right stick analog controls? The one thing i'll give that NHL '07 has vs. 2K7 is the faces. EA is great at getting the faces, just too bad i dont give a flying fuck about them when i'm playing from the top.

2K7 has always just felt better as far as hockey goes. I played for 8 years with the Naperville Huskies and 2K7 just feels like i can replicate my plays and styles on the ice. Plus setting up plays in 2K7 just works like it does in RL hockey.

I'm not to quick to judge 07 though, i will definatley still play it. The problem with all the EA games is that they focus on the checking aspect of the game and with the new rules and changes made to the NHL checking really isn't the biggest aspect of the game, its all about the open ice and getting your plays set up. NHL 06 was a gigantic check fest and i dont understand why these guys who say they love hockey and its in the game blah blah can't understand to make a hockey game about finese not braun.

Oh well thats my two cents man, 2K7 looks extremely promising though, i call detroit for the leagues chicken fuckers[/quote]

haha didnt even think about that till you mentioned it...very true but I just gave both demos an honest try and EA put up a demo on something that rarely ever happens in a hockey game...a "shoot out". Why show that? Next time just come to my door and piss on it. I'll get the message. I seriously think EA thinks we are all complete morons!

[quote name='mafronin']haha didnt even think about that till you mentioned it...very true but I just gave both demos an honest try and EA put up a demo on something that rarely ever happens in a hockey game...a "shoot out". Why show that? Next time just come to my door and piss on it. I'll get the message. I seriously think EA thinks we are all complete morons![/QUOTE]
Well I think EA put this demo up just to show the new stick controls. I mean it is the best way to show them off when all you have is open ice in front of you and nobody to check you. I would rather have a full out game demo but I think this is why they did it.

I'm a little skeptical considering there has been a 2k7 ad on the ign page all day. It kind of reminds me of the month that EGM had that weird cover ad for Splinter Cell on PS2 and it was magically co-game of the month. I've been a huge supporter of the 2k series and will probably get that one first, just for the leagues. I may give in and get 07 as well, but probably not on day one. I'll probably lean whatever way Cheapy, Meth, TJordan, and thatstoobad go.

Also, I'm not buying into EA's demo either. The stick control is really fun, but I do worry about crazy checking and just overall crappy gameplay when they won't let people do it in the demo.

bread's done
Back