TO: All the EB and Gamestop employees...

AS_Artimour

CAG Veteran
If I go into one of your stores and purchase a game and a strategy guide for the same game in one purchase, is it resonable (as in, would you give it to me) to ask for a 20% discount?

Thanks.

Yeah...Its been standard at most gamestores for years. Its there way to actually sell those guides, as most people would never buy them for the full $15 (or now $20 as they seem to be) price.

[quote name='Scahom1']The 20% discount off the guide is standard. Been doing it for years.[/QUOTE]I've never been aware of this. Then again, I haven't gotten a guide in a good 7 years.

Its just that I have never gotten a discount unless I actually asked them for it. I was there yesterday selling 3 used games and i didn't get the 10 dollar bonus for trading in my games to Eb even though there was a huge poster there. It's as though they don't give you the discounts you're entitled to unless you ask them to do it for you. Tomorrow I'm taking my recipt to try and get my $10 store credit. It really makes me angry when they turn a blind eye to an unwitting customer.

[quote name='AS_Artimour']Its just that I have never gotten a discount unless I actually asked them for it. I was there yesterday selling 3 used games and i didn't get the 10 dollar bonus for trading in my games to Eb even though there was a huge poster there. It's as though they don't give you the discounts you're entitled to unless you ask them to do it for you. Tomorrow I'm taking my recipt to try and get my $10 store credit. It really makes me angry when they turn a blind eye to an unwitting customer.[/QUOTE]
In all technicality, the trade 3, get $10 extra requires a coupon, depending on the store. HOWEVER, the coupon is on an in-store flyer that each GS/EB should have plenty lying on the counter (or in an e-mail), and the employee should have remembered to use it anyway, as to not be a jackass. Or hey, maybe it was a mistake, and they forgot about it entirely. It sucks, and they should be more aware, but it does happen. Good luck on your extra credit.

I don't think employees are trying to scam customers in general. They just don't remember all the promos or forget to mention it. Most good employees should be aware of all promos and help customers take advantage whenever possible, but it doesn't always happen. I remember when EB had the extra $5 per game traded in if you preordered an EA sports game in the transaction. At the very end, the only game left was Fifa soccer and we had like 120 preoders for it and only 3 people picked it up.

On topic, the strategy guide thing has been going on for at least the last 10 years and every employee should just do that without the customer having to ask. Also, if you get the game and realize you want the guide, just take your receipt in within the return period and they'll usually give you the guide for 20% off anyway. Some stores freak out about it, but most think it's pretty normal.

bread's done
Back