To All The Kids Who Survived

bignick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the

1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright colored
lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we
rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE
actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back
when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down
the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no
99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell
phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat
rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no
lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,

made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang
the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't
had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They
actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers
and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

[quote name='iheartmetal']this sounds like some stupid email that people forward to eachother[/QUOTE]

thats because it is one

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Ha, this topic rocks, and I was born in 1985.[/QUOTE]

My little sister is your age. I feel old.

I was born in 1972, and I had video games.....pong, Oddysey II, Colecovision, Nintendo, Sega Genesis......etc.

But the rest is true. There was a lot of TV watching going on, though.

edit: I had my Commodore 64 as well, and I used my modem now and then......300 baud!!!!!! Yeah!!! My family had no idea what I was doing. Like when I explained my new email account to my mom in 1992. Pretty funny thinking about that. Like explaining the car to your horse-owning parents.

But there was also a lot more playing outside. I remember getting off the bus, dropping my backpack off on the porch, and not going back inside till Mom called me in for dinner; evening full of kickball, tag round the house the ball, or just wreaking havoc in the neighbourhood. I think that is the biggest change in today's kids, whether it be due to dvd's, tv, computers, videogames, pcs, whatever.
I keep my boy safe, but I also let him make his own mistakes, because being overprotective can be more harmful than not protecting.

I'd like to thank all of the people revelling in thier ignorance. These are the spoiled and willfull bastards that fucked up the country, fucked up the economy and fucked up thier children. Thier parents were damned cool to be certain, but they're a bunch of impotent fucking morons that have to try to look for someone else to blame for how they've fucked up. They could have sent thier kids outside to play. They could have resolved all the ills they see in the current world. Did they? No. They were too damned busy being selfish, and now they want to bitch about it.

I'm sure there are plenty of older people who would love to tell you about how the good ole' day really weren't.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=russell-peters---16---beating

I was born after those years and seems like we lived the same lives, just that I had the electronics... but no iPod or cellphone. I actually enjoy riding my bike without a helmet. And im not over weight, just normal. Are you saying that all kids these days are bad? Cause i'll tell you, the ones with immigrant parents are grown up right.

BTW, didn't you guys start the gays, the STDS and the drinking, the drugs and all those other things? Because you made it look "cool" thats why we have underage kids getting drunk, fucking all night, having a baby that has AIDs, sells the baby for drugs.

To all born in the 80's, 90's...

You had to listen to your parents whine about this when you refuse to pause Nintendo...so you can mow the lawn

[quote name='fanskad']My little sister is your age. I feel old.[/QUOTE]

Well my little sister is three years his senior, and I'm three years her senior. I'm fucking ancient. Not Shrike ancient, but fairly ancient nonetheless.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Ha, this topic rocks, and I was born in 1985.[/QUOTE]

I thought there would be a lot more of us 80's people than just two of us. 81 for me and 85, like you, for my bro.

[quote name='help1']http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=russell-peters---16---beating

I was born after those years and seems like we lived the same lives, just that I had the electronics... but no iPod or cellphone. I actually enjoy riding my bike without a helmet. And im not over weight, just normal. Are you saying that all kids these days are bad? Cause i'll tell you, the ones with immigrant parents are grown up right.

BTW, didn't you guys start the gays, the STDS and the drinking, the drugs and all those other things? Because you made it look "cool" thats why we have underage kids getting drunk, fucking all night, having a baby that has AIDs, sells the baby for drugs.[/QUOTE]

I really hope you're kidding. You do realize that stds, drugs and drinking have been around for thousands of years.

[quote name='greendc27']I really hope you're kidding. You do realize that stds, drugs and drinking have been around for thousands of years.[/QUOTE]

He better be kidding. Otherwise just blame it on the fact that these youngins will believe anything they read on the intranet.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Well, IQ scored have been steadily climbing since the tests were invented, so it can't be all bad.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that since SAT scores have been dropping...so much so that they had to rescale the test a while back to bring the average score (for each section) back up to 500. Plus, IQ tests measure one's intelligence relative to the general population, with 100 being average. Thus, IQ scores can't have risen since the average will always be scaled to 100.

bread's done
Back