To buy now, or later. That is the question.

thefurrypanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
So this summer I'm going to be coming home from college and I'll be getting a summer job which means money to buy cool new gadgets. So I want a few things, the top of my list being.

A Vita (resistance:burning skies too)
A Playstation 3DTV (I like my tv's little, and I'd love to get into 3D)

As well as a ton of ps3 games I've missed out on and enough left over of course to buy all the new stuff coming out this holiday season. (The Last of Us and ACIII especially, hopes and dreams maybe)

Anyway. I've seen the 3Dtv going down in price a lot recently and figure soon it should be around 150 with a warranty so I'll pick it up around that price.

My question is, should I wait for the bundle PS VITA with the white console game and memory card. Or just buy a used one from a CAG or on GAMETZ for a bit less?

Anybody with a Vita think there's really a great reason to buy a vita now, or should I hold off and see if the bundle ends up being 250 with AC and a memory card (I'm only looking for a wifi system as I doubt I'll ever use the 3G feature as I won't have a steady income.)

Anyway, let me know what you think. :p

Are there any other Vita games that interest you at the moment? I have Resistance: Burning Skies and while it is good, it definitely isn't good enough to warrant buying a Vita for it.

If you are like me and didn't have PSP long enough to play great games which were released at latter life span of the console, it may be worth it. Currently I have like 2 Vita titles and the rest are all PSP games like Persona 3 Portable, FFIV Collection (for nostalgia factor), Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky, etc.

I actaully had a psp and get rid of it recently (knowing I'd be getting a vita) and was also playing my ds a whole lot more. So psp games arn't really super interesting to me as I've played all the ones I was planning to.

well, i really enjoyed playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Hot Shots Golf. I've heard good things about UMVC 3 if you're into fighting games. If you're open to buying open box/returns then you should look into buying a Vita off of Amazon Warehouse Deals. The lowest they've been going on there is in the 150 dollar range.

I've definitely been looking into that. Kinda scared of the differences between good and like new. Seems to be all over the place in terms of what you actually get. Some times its just a dented box or something and sometimes it's just destroyed. (like a dog fought it or something)

[quote name='thefurrypanda']I've definitely been looking into that. Kinda scared of the differences between good and like new. Seems to be all over the place in terms of what you actually get. Some times its just a dented box or something and sometimes it's just destroyed. (like a dog fought it or something)[/QUOTE]

Well if it means anything, amazon has a great return policy.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']I actaully had a psp and get rid of it recently (knowing I'd be getting a vita) and was also playing my ds a whole lot more. So psp games arn't really super interesting to me as I've played all the ones I was planning to.[/QUOTE]

Then no, may as well wait for the bundle, possible holiday deals, current games on discount by then, and expanded vita lib.

Doesn't sound like you got much disposable income and got a DS to tide you over. Further, sound like you own a PS3, if so then you aren't missing much on Vita atm imo. Unless you just got money to burn or you're for the Vita for long term perspective, I wouldn't recommend it to many people atm.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Well if it means anything, amazon has a great return policy.[/QUOTE]

hmm I'll keep an eye out. I can pretty much return it even at good if it's just not as "good" as I would want?

[quote name='Brahman']Then no, may as well wait for the bundle, possible holiday deals, current games on discount by then, and expanded vita lib.

Doesn't sound like you got much disposable income and got a DS to tide you over. Further, sound like you own a PS3, if so then you aren't missing much on Vita atm imo. Unless you just got money to burn or you're for the Vita for long term perspective, I wouldn't recommend it to many people atm.[/QUOTE]

hmm I see. Problem is I will have disposable income pretty soon (summer job) and I'm really looking to get a new handheld because I simply play them more. My ps3 kinda just sits at home unless I put time aside to go play it.

effing college kids and all their free time. So so so jealous. I vote that you waste all of your money now because nothing matters until you are living on your own with bills to pay and mouths to feed and nothing left over for fun. Spend it all!!!

I wouldn't waste your money on this, just save it for a year for the next-gen consoles. Also, there was very little 3D presence at this years E3 so I don't think it's really worth investing in.

lol at Javery. Will do sir. Actually have my own apartment now (use saved up money from summer to live all year round). So...I have bills, just no commitments :p
Mayday- mostly want the 3d tv for movies not so much games. And I doubt we'll see a next gen console for about 2 years. Seems like a long wait to me and I've never bought a new (nonhandheld) console without about a year waiting time to see how it does (got burned by sega products as a kid). So that would be almost 3 years and....I want games now!

[quote name='thefurrypanda']hmm I'll keep an eye out. I can pretty much return it even at good if it's just not as "good" as I would want?.[/QUOTE]

yeah pretty much, as long as you don't abuse the return system.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']alright sounds good. Id pretty much be fine with a vita that isn't super scratched on the screen and doesn't have dents honestly.[/QUOTE]

You do know there have been several $50 gift card deals on the Vita lately? BB has a $50 gift card this coming week; net price is ~200 when you factor that in. Used systems sell for around this price, but you're better off with new if possible.

Personally I love my Vita; retail games are coming along well, there are already some great PSN games, and over 400 PSP PSN games available which look and run much better on the 5" OLED screen. If you're into handheld gaming, getting a Vita is well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen that, I've found that I could get a 3g one for about 200 if I'm looking toward the future. I'm not really big on buying things new if buying used will save me some money (especially if there are not real problems). Also I just found out I can trade in my old textbooks to amazon and use the giftcard stuff on the warehouse deals so I'll probably do that!

If you like the white color I would wait. If not I would pick up a used one and save some money. There are great games out there already and I play some of my psp games on it too. So over all if the color doesn't bother you I would just pick a vita up

^ How do you put psp games on the vita? Or do you just mean form the PSN network?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ How do you put psp games on the vita? Or do you just mean form the PSN network?[/QUOTE]

You buy the digital versions of PSP games from PSN. Can't transfer UMD versions. But many digital versions have had prices reduced, so there are plenty of good deals.

Ok OP you may consider buying a Vita soon enough. I'm afraid that when they revise the Vita they will scrap the OLED for a shittier screen tech. like LCD(see: can't do Blacks properly like CRT, wake up Nintendo!).
As for 3D TV, check out the Sony HMD TZ1. It's OLED, 3D but it's near 720p is the one drawback. I was reading from one person how great it appears. I'm still considering buying it to show support for Sony releasing a 1080p one.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You buy the digital versions of PSP games from PSN. Can't transfer UMD versions. But many digital versions have had prices reduced, so there are plenty of good deals.[/QUOTE]

Okay that's what thought. Thanks.

bread's done
Back