To Date Top 5 PS3 Games?

Romis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
With the up coming release of many promising PS3 titles,
What are your top 5 games released up until now? Did they meet the pro's ratings our where they wild cards?

1. Uncharted
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. GTA4
4. Ratchet & Clank
5. Dark Sector

Only two new IPs on that list, which is kind of disappointing. Uncharted was just amazing to me, very fun and stylish. Just a really good experience with appreciated replay value. MGS4 gave me some closure to that series, GTA4 was cinematic with unique multiplayer, R&C was lighthearted in a sea of gritty shooters, and I just enjoyed the hell out of Dark Sector. It was fun and original; the glaive mechanic I mean. So I guess that would be my pick as of right now.

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
4. Resistance: Fall of Man
5. Warhawk

I only have gta 4 and mgs4. I would say the other 3 are probably soul caliber 4, call of duty 4, and Uncharted. I am currently waiting for all those to come down in price. Once I get those games and the new resistance I will be good for another 2 years, and then I will get the newest madden and the show when they come out in a few.
Almost forgot Sigma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the games I have played so far and I only play PS3 exclusives. . .

1. Uncharted
2. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
3. Heavenly Sword
4. Warhawk
5. Resistance
6. Motorstorm

I only own 3 PS3 games. They are:

1. Uncharted
2. MLB 08
3. Resistance

I'll probably pick up MGS4 soon, but the next game that could be added to that list is Mirror's Edge. I have high hopes for that one.

1. Lair
2. Haze
3. Most EA games
4. movie licensed games
5. Sonic The Hedgehog

Oh wait, I thought you said Top 5 shittiest games on the PS3.....my bad

I only have a top 3 actually, two of these I own:

1. GTA IV
2. Uncharted(heard great things bout this, but I'm not paying over $20 for it)
3. Godfather: Don's Edition(imo, the ONLY truly decent EA game on PS3)

[quote name='flybrione']Of the games I have played so far and I only play PS3 exclusives. . .[/quote]

I have NEVER and will NEVER understand the logic of only playing exclusive games. I mean, that's like saying 'I want to restrict myself to playing only maybe 20% of the games out there'. It's a bit asinine, if you ask me. But, to each their own.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have NEVER and will NEVER understand the logic of only playing exclusive games. I mean, that's like saying 'I want to restrict myself to playing only maybe 20% of the games out there'. It's a bit asinine, if you ask me. But, to each their own.[/quote]

I can understand it only if you own another system (ie. 360). And he didn't say he plays ONLY exclusives. He said only PS3 exclusives. He also has an Xbox Live name and a Wii Friend code. While I only have 3 PS3 games, I have 38 360 games (many of them multi-platform).

As it stands right now, most multi-platform games have simply been better made/supported on the 360. Mirror's Edge could be the first one that tilts me in the other direction...at least I'm hoping. In contrast, I do own over 20 blu-ray movies though, haha. That PS3 can play the hell out of some movies!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I can understand it only if you own another system (ie. 360). And he didn't say he plays ONLY exclusives. He said only PS3 exclusives. He also has an Xbox Live name and a Wii Friend code. While I only have 3 PS3 games, I have 38 360 games (many of them multi-platform).

As it stands right now, most multi-platform games have simply been better made/supported on the 360. Mirror's Edge could be the first one that tilts me in the other direction...at least I'm hoping. In contrast, I do own over 20 blu-ray movies though, haha. That PS3 can play the hell out of some movies![/quote]

burnout and dmc 4 are better on ps3.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I can understand it only if you own another system (ie. 360). And he didn't say he plays ONLY exclusives. He said only PS3 exclusives. He also has an Xbox Live name and a Wii Friend code. While I only have 3 PS3 games, I have 38 360 games (many of them multi-platform).

As it stands right now, most multi-platform games have simply been better made/supported on the 360. Mirror's Edge could be the first one that tilts me in the other direction...at least I'm hoping. In contrast, I do own over 20 blu-ray movies though, haha. That PS3 can play the hell out of some movies![/quote]

I just buy the games I get for whatever system(s) I have. Right now, I have both a PS2 and Xbox, but neither are hooked up, so I won't be buying anything for them. I've had numerous games for PS3, most of which were bought from clearance sales and most of which I ended up trading in unplayed to Blockbuster after finding out they were worth 2-3x what I paid.

That's about the only time I really buy games anymore, unless I have amassed a shitload of trade credit someplace, then I might splurge on one new release every year or so. Otherwise, it's ALL about getting games on clearance.

As far as playing anything but games on my PS3, I never did on PS2 or PS1 even though they supported DVD and CD playback. Then again, that's because I still have a dvd player and I don't see the real need to upgrade just for a prettier picture.

As it stands right now, most multi-platform games have simply been better made/supported on the 360. Mirror's Edge could be the first one that tilts me in the other direction...at least I'm hoping. In contrast, I do own over 20 blu-ray movies though, haha. That PS3 can play the hell out of some movies![/QUOTE]

so true though i do not own any blu ray movies yet.
only game i buy for ps3 are exclusives, multiplatform is all 360.

[quote name='NegativeZero']so true though i do not own any blu ray movies yet.
only game i buy for ps3 are exclusives, multiplatform is all 360.[/quote]

I'm veering towards the PS3 for multi-platform games especially ones that don't emphasize multi-player. I just don't trust my 360 so I'm only playing Call of Duty 4, Gears, and other exclusives on it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']1. Lair
2. Haze
3. Most EA games
4. movie licensed games
5. Sonic The Hedgehog

Oh wait, I thought you said Top 5 shittiest games on the PS3.....my bad

I only have a top 3 actually, two of these I own:

1. GTA IV
2. Uncharted(heard great things bout this, but I'm not paying over $20 for it)
3. Godfather: Don's Edition(imo, the ONLY truly decent EA game on PS3)

I have NEVER and will NEVER understand the logic of only playing exclusive games. I mean, that's like saying 'I want to restrict myself to playing only maybe 20% of the games out there'. It's a bit asinine, if you ask me. But, to each their own.[/QUOTE]
Well, to start, not funny. What's wrong with Lair hmm? I can see Haze, it's a little repetitive, and it's just your average FPS. Most EA games? Like...? What's wrong with Hulk and Iron-Man? Even though I've never played them, they can't suck that bad. What's wrong with Sonic the Hedgehog? I found nothing wrong with the game. I think people only say things they hear, like YOU.

1) MGS4
2) Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
3) GTA IV
4) Rock Band/2
5) NCAA Football 2009

Well, MGS4 is considered the best game to date, and an amazing conclusion to an amazing series. MGO is kind of a let down, but it's not horrible. Uncharted is a very fun action-adventure game. Mechanics are great, it will keep you busy for a while, but having no online is sort-of disappointing, but still a great game. GTA IV is another great installment in the GTA series. Storyline is fun, but most people don't care about it. It is leaning to realism a little more, like driving and taking cover and what-not. Online is fun, though I didn't care for it. Rock Band 1 and 2 are fun party games. A lot of DLC, a good track list, and fun gametypes will keep you busy. NCAA Football 09 is a personal choice. I really like this game. Controls are good, graphics are great, new Online Dynasty mode, and downloadable rosters. So, there you go.

1. Ratchet & Clank
2. Uncharted
3. Resistance
4. Warhawk
5. Little Big Planet

I buy all multi-platform games for the 360, so it's exclusives only for PS3. I picked up Little Big Planet today and haven't played it yet, but stuck it on at #5 because I'm positive I'll enjoy it more than Metal Gear Solid IV, which I watched and then immediately sold.

Retail so far:
1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
3. Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD
4. Burnout Paradise
5. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

(if I were to keep it all PS3 exclusives, Warhawk would be on the list).

Download:
1. Wipeout HD
2. Tekken 5: DR Online
3. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
4. Super Stardust HD
5. Siren: Blood Curse

Top 5 most wanted:
1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Valkyria Chronicles
3. Rock Band 2
4. Resistance 2
5. Eternal Sonata