To Keep or Not to Keep, That is the Question?

Jhuntley

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
So, I just got a wii (haven't even opened the box yet), along with Silent Hill.
But, now I realize, there are so few games that I care to play. I don't have the will to play to platformers anymore (which are the best games on the console). There's only like 9 games on the system (current and upcoming) I'd even consider to buy.
Those are:
Silent Hill (I could just rebuy it on ps2)
Muramasa (didn't even bother to play either of my vanillaware games)
Fragile Dreams (Don't have the attention span for most rpgs anymore)
Tales of Symphonia (Favorite rpg series, but don't have the attention span for most rpgs anymore, bad reviews)
Tatsunoku vs. Capcom (Still don't have Blazblue, SSFIV, and Marvel vs. Capcom coming out, leaves this looking like a memory)
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Super Mario Galaxy (platformer)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Replayed melee last year, did not enjoy it)
Legend of Zelda n64 games

Anyway do you think I should keep it or take it back. If you do could you suggest any games that are coming out that are interesting (I know most games that are out already).

If it wasn't for Mario and light gun shooters. I would get rid of my Wii. There was the longest time I didn't play it for months around 4-5 to be exact or maybe longer. I guess it depends what you are into. You should decide for yourself If you want to keep it or not. You might get rid of it and regret it then again maybe not.

Virtual Console baby.

Yeah, releases have slowed down but if you want to play some old games without worrying about battery backups dying, or if they'll look okay on an HDTV, the VC is your best bet.

Play NMH1 & 2 then do with it as you please. The NMH series is the only reason I bought the console, and I consider it money well spent just for them.

If you dont need the money, then I'd say keep it. I got all three systems and constantly switch around. The main reason why I still have the Wii around is for the Mario games, and the retro ones. Also, whenever you have family with kiddies then they'll use the Wii.
If you do need the money then return/sell it. You could always get one used or soft modded (not that I encourage this) one off of craigslist.

Look into the homebrew scene and see if anything in that area pokes at your interest also, different strokes for different people. I 2nd on the NMH1 & 2 recommendation. I feel bad for you in the sense of not liking whats available, I can't believe I've played the Wii as much as I have never mind completing many games on it vs other consoles and the ratio to completion.

Reading your post, it sounds like you've already made your decision. You've done your homework, researched existing and upcoming games, and came up with a list of games you'd like to play. Out of a dozen or so games you listed, you came up with reasons not to buy over half. Here's a question you may want to ask yourself...how many of those games would you play if they were on a system you already own?

Coincidentally, No More Heroes saw a re-release in Japan on 360 and PS3. It's currently unknown if it's getting brought over, but you may want to consider it.

Overall though, If you need to be convinced to keep a console, you probably shouldn't keep it.

I have been saving up, don't know for what yet.... I have a 360 with TONS of games, thanks to this site, but I still haven't gotten around to finish most of them. Soooo, why would I buy another console???? Well, the ps3 has been looking really good, with Blu-Ray, Ratchet and God of War. The Wii has also been looking good as a party console, for light gun games and also driving games. Not sure if the wheel control is good enough to make these games worth playing on the Wii instead of the 360 though...

Only you can decide, do you have the other consoles? You could always get one of those....

It sounds like the only games you really want to play are action titles or FPS, which is not what the Wii is. It sounds like the Wii isn't for you and it sounds like you don't really want it anyway.

I have to wonder if Jhuntley even has a Wii. And if he does, well, that's not too clever there - buying a system without even being aware of why you are buying it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have to wonder if Jhuntley even has a Wii. And if he does, well, that's not too clever there - buying a system without even being aware of why you are buying it.[/QUOTE]

I have one of the black one's. I normally eventually get all of the current consoles before the console generations end. My mom didn't have any idea what to get me for my birthday, and I couldn't really think of anything either, so I just asked for a wii. There are games on the system that I want, just not many.

If there are games on the console that you want, and you already own the system, and you couldn't think of anything better to get for your birthday anyway, then why bother getting rid of it? Oh right... because the Wii isn't cool.

Overall it sounds like you might've been better off thinking before you already had the console. Next time save us all the effort and think before you act. (Oh yeah... you sound like a spoiled and silly kid by asking for and getting a sizable present like that, and then totally not appreciating it.)

I have all three and yes my wii does get the short end of the stick. My advice is check out NMH if it isn't your cup of tea look into the homebrew scene.

bread's done
Back